Who Do We Bring Back Next Year? [Cap Discussion] [Jernigan Contract Pg. 4]

JayWood2010

I would love to extend Alshon.  Im worried they may not be able to afford it though.  Nigel Bradham and Patrick Robinson also will be looking for contracts as well.  I think because Eagles are deep at CB (who thought that would happen at the beginning of the year), they can possibly let Robinson move on, but he has played amazing, so who knows.

Bradham has also played great.  

So the three top signings will be Alshon, Bradham, and Robinson.  

Alshon has opened up the entire field, and he has made some spectaculare catches.  Especially recently.  This isnt even noting missed throws by Wentz, or else Alshon would have more yards and TD's.  I think the thing we are seeing now, compared to then when Wentz was missing him is that they are building better chemistry now.  Took them a while but it has showed the last few weeks.

Over the Cap

18 hours ago, JayWood2010 said:

I would love to extend Alshon.  Im worried they may not be able to afford it though.  Nigel Bradham and Patrick Robinson also will be looking for contracts as well.  I think because Eagles are deep at CB (who thought that would happen at the beginning of the year), they can possibly let Robinson move on, but he has played amazing, so who knows.

Bradham has also played great.  

So the three top signings will be Alshon, Bradham, and Robinson.  

Alshon has opened up the entire field, and he has made some spectaculare catches.  Especially recently.  This isnt even noting missed throws by Wentz, or else Alshon would have more yards and TD's.  I think the thing we are seeing now, compared to then when Wentz was missing him is that they are building better chemistry now.  Took them a while but it has showed the last few weeks.

You gotta choose

Alshon, Bradham, Robinson

or

Curry, Torrey, Celek and Peters

Who ya got? 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

You gotta choose

Alshon, Bradham, Robinson

or

Curry, Torrey, Celek and Peters

Who ya got? 

Option A without looking at the cap figures. I'll check over the cap and get back to you

Cutting both Curry and Peters would net $10M in space but incur $12M in dead money. Risky, but Peters will need to be moved on from at some point. Barnett should be good to fill in Curry's role next season. 

Cutting of Celek would give $4M in cap space with $1M dead. 

I think Howie could find a way to extend Alshon and Bradham. PRob may be a roster casualty unless he accepts a below market value deal. 

I was playing with it earlier. If you are serious about Alshon you gotta let Peters go. Same with Bradham and Curry 

If you were playing the role of devil's advocate, what would be a legit reason to not commit to Alshon long term?

Does it hurt the team's cap flexibility too much?

Is he a "me first" guy in the locker room?

Would his contract figures exceed his performance on the field? 

8 minutes ago, 808 said:

If you were playing the role of devil's advocate, what would be a legit reason to not commit to Alshon long term?

Does it hurt the team's cap flexibility too much?

Is he a "me first" guy in the locker room?

Would his contract figures exceed his performance on the field? 

Its all a 2018 cap room thing. He seems to be a great fit here. The Eagles have negative space so far in 2018. If we want Alshon a big contract or 2 have to come off the books. To me that is Curry and Peters. Of course Howie is a wizard with the cap. 

Biggest worries for Alshon are innuries and threat of a 10 suspension with him already having 1 

Its all a 2018 cap room thing. He seems to be a great fit here. The Eagles have negative space so far in 2018. If we want Alshon a big contract or 2 have to come off the books. To me that is Curry and Peters. Of course Howie is a wizard with the cap. 

Biggest worries for Alshon are innuries and threat of a 10 suspension with him already having 1 

Yes his injury history coming into this season can be a reason to pause, so I'll give you that. 

To me, the biggest issue is indeed cap flexibility. I have more faith in Howie than anyone to manipulate our figures. 

20 minutes ago, 808 said:

Cutting both Curry and Peters would net $10M in space but incur $12M in dead money. Risky, but Peters will need to be moved on from at some point. Barnett should be good to fill in Curry's role next season. 

You can June 1st cut Peters and open up more cash. I hate to move on from him but something will have to give. If Big V continues to play well it might have to happen. Itll be interesting to see what happens 

You can June 1st cut Peters and open up more cash. I hate to move on from him but something will have to give. If Big V continues to play well it might have to happen. Itll be interesting to see what happens 

Easily the biggest story line of the offseason will be decision on Peters. Changes our draft/FA needs depending on that choice. I feel like he's a goner, which is difficult to come to grips with. 

Archived