Week 12: Ravens @ Jags

DreamKid

Need to highlight the difference between that Desean Jackson bomb being completed vs a lot of other deep throws that fall off target is a receiver who knows how to track the ball. Not stunned at all that Jackson would be far more likely to catch a bomb than whatever other receiver we have out there with young legs. We need to find players with that skill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

which it clearly wasn't, which is unfortunate but if your defense can't stop the ******* jaguars with no timeouts and an entire field to drive down then what's the point?

The play was there... you have to trade the time in that situation... just give yourself up right before the goal line on a perimeter play. That HAS to be communicated. They had two full yards between the marker and the goal line. It's just terrible coaching to design a route out there and not have the player slide in. If it's a TD so be it, but a 1st down is much more advantageous.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Need to highlight the difference between that Desean Jackson bomb being completed vs a lot of other deep throws that fall off target is a receiver who knows how to track the ball. Not stunned at all that Jackson would be far more likely to catch a bomb than whatever other receiver we have out there with young legs. We need to find players with that skill.

i'd have to go back and watch it again but that ball was just perfectly placed, I don't think Jackson even had to track it lol it was a rare perfectly thrown deep ball for lamar

but hey im all for it. we need more of that.

Just now, WheatieMan said:

The play was there... you have to trade the time in that situation... just give yourself up right before the goal line on a perimeter play. That HAS to be communicated. They had two full yards between the marker and the goal line. It's just terrible coaching to design a route out there and not have the player slide in. If it's a TD so be it, but a 1st down is much more advantageous.

Someone needs to ask Harbaugh if it was communicated, and if not, WHY. Because i do agree with you.

3 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Who was scheming up those open TDs that Lamar missed? 

He might have, but it wasn't like it was 4 quarters of game left or anything. I'm not sure what you're getting it. Two things can be true that he drew up some nice plays and can still be an idiot, which he is. But go off, homie!

As I said, I've said my peace and moved on from this game. Ain't nothing left to talk about.

1 minute ago, WheatieMan said:

You just try to slide when you have that open space as the offensive player... right before the goal line and past the sticks. It's a difficult play, but not if the communication had been relayed prior.

Fair enough. I meant to delete that Madden comment because I'm a bit salty after the loss. I think there are certain situations where it is definitely smart to not score. But there was very little margin for error, as Oliver would have had to slow down and down himself on the 1/2 yard line with a defender bearing down on him. He's a big guy and you can't assume he moves with extreme precision running at full speed. If he slides a 1/2 yard to early it is 3rd down and it is a huge blunder. I think you are asking a bit too much of him to have that kind of awareness and agility. 

4 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Nope, first down marker was exactly at the 1 yard line. 

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Heckuva game. Rooting for you guys in the playoffs.

Shouldn’t have even been close tbh. You guys just couldn’t convert in the RZ early.

Best of luck the rest of the way.

Playing like that,  playoffs are in question. Trev Lawrence had a day. Great win for the Jags.

I think if you’re losing and you don’t score points on purpose, you are stupid and deserve to be fired. Had the Ravens downed the ball at the one yard line to run out the clock, only to have the field goal blocked, they would have been laughed out of the stadium. Field goals are not guaranteed. It’s different if you’re winning and only need to run out the clock, which was not the case here. 

18 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

You as a receiver have to see the marker and open space and understand that taking a knee there and kicking a FG with seconds to spare is easier to defend than allowing a good QB 2 min to go down the field there.

Also your math is off. If Oliver downed himself at the 1/2 yard line with a first down, Jags take a TO. Ravens kneel, 2 minute warning. Ravens kneel 2x, kick a FG, there are still ~35 seconds left for the Jags. 

29 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Team loss, for sure. 

Peter's is downright bad right now. Lamar isn't consistent enough and Hamiltons absense was really noticed. 

Yeah Hamilton’s presence in the center of the field would’ve been everything.

In terms of Lamar while I agree he wasn’t good in the first half I felt the second half he was good. He had a pass to Andrews that was clear DPI that wasn’t called. He had the soft hold on Mekari that wiped off the Proche pass (it was a hold, but if you’re letting the DPI slide earlier, that’s a good enough makeup call IMO). He had the Andrews TD drop. The Oliver TD drop (same type of extension catch  that Zay Jones caught for the Jags).

I suppose your point might be overall consistency though, to which I can’t disagree.

On a related note the first half also saw Greg Roman getting plays out incredibly late yet again as the team continues to cover for this dude and say “it’s fixed” every few weeks.

And yet they’ve positioned themselves in a corner because what other OC can they bring in to utilize the 7 TEs we have on the roster and lack of WR talents?

Yet if I’m coaching this team, even with it being a team loss, I fire Roman to make a statement. The offense just isn’t responding to him any longer. The plays are consistently getting out late. The offense has consistently had slow starts since the beginning of the season. What’s more his “planned” plays to start out games are nearly always terrible. Usually that’s where offenses are most lethal as they take advantage of an opponents problematic tendencies… and yet our offense seems to be below average at best in those situations. Lastly the offense isn’t getting it done in the Redzone either.

This team isn’t winning a SB with Roman as the OC. It’s become (or has been for sometime) blatantly obvious… though I doubt Harbaugh has the balls to make that move… this isn’t the same guy that canned Cam Cameron.

Edited by diamondbull424

We likely make the playoffs but I almost wonder if that's a good thing. 

This is by no means a sky is falling post but I think this team desperately needs the coaching staff to be gutted. I love Harbs but we need to hit the reset button. His welcome hasn't worn out but it's soon going to be time for a change. I think a lot of these issues fall on his head. 

This can't continue. Even on our 4 game win streak, there was a lot wrong with the team.