Week 12: Ravens @ Jags

DreamKid

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah Hamilton’s presence in the center of the field would’ve been everything.

In terms of Lamar while I agree he wasn’t good in the first half I felt the second half he was good. He had a pass to Andrews that was clear DPI that wasn’t called. He had the soft hold on Mekari that wiped off the Proche pass. He had the Andrews TD drop. The Oliver TD drop (same type of extension catch  that Zay Jones caught for the Jags).

I suppose your point might be overall consistency though.

On a related note the first half also saw Greg Roman getting plays out incredibly late yet again as the team continues to cover for this dude and say “it’s fixed” every few weeks.

And yet they’ve positioned themselves in a corner because what other OC can they bring in to utilize the 7 TEs we have on the roster and lack of WR talents?

Yet if I’m coaching this team, even with it being a team loss, I fire Roman to make a statement. The offense just isn’t responding to him any longer. The plays are consistently getting out late. The offense has consistently had slow starts since the beginning of the season. What’s more his “planned” plays to start out games are nearly always terrible. Usually that’s where offenses are most lethal as they take advantage of an opponents problematic tendencies… and yet our offense seems to be below average at best in those situations. Lastly the offense isn’t getting it done in the Redzone either.

This team isn’t winning a SB with Roman as the OC. It’s become (or has been for sometime) blatantly obvious… though I doubt Harbaugh has the balls to make that move… this isn’t the same guy that canned Cam Cameron.

Frank Reich

This is the type of result that makes the “these losses aren’t big deals” takes from weeks 1-6 dumb imo. Every loss is a big deal in the AFC this year. We’re now tied at 7-4 with Cincy, and we still have to play them at their place. Saving grace is they still have KC and BUF, but we still have Pit twice (who Lamar can’t seem to play a clean game against), @ CLE with Deshaun, etc. 

I think this team is going to finish with at least 6 losses. And if we’re being honest 10-7 isn’t all that far off from likely at this point either.  And if that doesn’t win the division, the WC gets interesting. Especially with us having 3 AFC losses already 

Edited by Ray Reed

Just now, Ray Reed said:

This is the type of result that makes the “these losses aren’t big deals” take from weeks 1-6 dumb imo. Every loss is a big deal in the AFC this year. We’re now tied at 7-4 with Cincy, and we still have to play them at their place. Saving grace is they still have KC and BUF, but we still have Pit twice (who Lamar can’t seem to play a clean game against), @ CLE with Deshaun, etc. 

I think this team is going to finish with at least 6 losses, and if that doesn’t win the division, the WC gets interesting. Especially with us having 3 AFC losses already 

Yeah, I think 11-6 is going to bed the record. 

16 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

i'd have to go back and watch it again but that ball was just perfectly placed, I don't think Jackson even had to track it lol it was a rare perfectly thrown deep ball for lamar

but hey im all for it. we need more of that.

Duvernay would’ve misjudged the ball and slowed down and then tried to speed back up when he realized he misjudged it. Or he would’ve presented his hands early enough to allow the defenders to recover and break it up.

And Robinson just doesn’t have enough speed to be a deep threat option. If he were a 4.4 guy then we might be able to make it work with the level of his route running at least.

27 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Damn. If Tucker would’ve made that one, that would’ve guaranteed HOF status IMO. No way anyone would’ve ever topped that one.

We lost this game by two yards. If the defense could’ve sucked a little faster

OR if the time clock operator wouldn’t have consistently taken additional time away when the Ravens had the ball only, we likely get those yards and win.

But the offense didn’t do enough early and the defense didn’t do anything late. And Duvernay put the offense in a terrible spot with his boneheaded ST idiocy. Team loss.

Stop it there are only 3 people to blame for this loss.

1 Greg Roman

2. Lamar jackson

3. Marcus Peters

Last thing I'm going to say about this game is that I am at my absolute wits end with the goddamn playclock being at 10 or less when we break the huddle. It's YEAR FIVE of Roman's offense and it's been an issue for all 5 years. Either you shorten the play calls, change the terminology, or get the freaking thing in faster. There's just no excuse.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Last thing I'm going to say about this game is that I am at my absolute wits end with the goddamn playclock being at 10 or less when we break the huddle. It's YEAR FIVE of Roman's offense and it's been an issue for all 5 years. Either you shorten the play calls, change the terminology, or get the freaking thing in faster. There's just no excuse.

Yup. This is main complaint with this Greg Roman offense. It’s really inexcusable. 

23 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Frank Reich

That’s an offseason move rather than an in-season move. We’d lose too much changing the OC to someone completely outside.

But inside our staff, would we be giving any of our offensive staff a fair evaluation with this offense that we’ve built exclusively going all in with Greg Roman, the 7 TEs squad? I’m not convinced.

Team should’ve fired Roman this past offseason. They should’ve used our 2nd round pick to give Lamar a weapon vs making sure the defense as loaded (and using another 2nd for Roquan to make sure it’s even more loaded). Yet they chose to give Lamar very little receiver help because they hoped to get a discount from him for not pumping iron with resistance bands at WR and Roman calling the plays.

Edited by diamondbull424

16 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

If we lose to Russell Wilson we’re gonna implode. 

The contract situation is clearly affecting him. I think it’s very obvious he looks night and day different on the field this year - especially throwing the ball - although i’m sure some people would push back against that (id disagree vehemently). But whatever, fans can agree/disagree on that all we want.

I think it is inarguable that the contract situation is affecting his demeanor/affecting how he carries himself, though. He’s a franchise QB and he just told a fan to eat a **** for the whole world to see lol. He’s had way worse body language and blowups on the sideline than I can ever remember too. The contract situation is clearly mentally affecting him, and that begs the question: if we tag him next year, is this just going to be repeated next season? Like idk why the Ravens wouldn’t tag him after how inconsistent he’s looked this year, but he’s clearly playing worse and imo that’s partially due to not having that long term security. So it’s this weird game of chicken that may just end up with this version of Lamar and a 9-11 win type team again next year that’s not a legit threat to win it all (imo)

1 hour ago, Integrity said:

I think if you’re losing and you don’t score points on purpose, you are stupid and deserve to be fired. Had the Ravens downed the ball at the one yard line to run out the clock, only to have the field goal blocked, they would have been laughed out of the stadium. Field goals are not guaranteed. It’s different if you’re winning and only need to run out the clock, which was not the case here. 

The Giants almost didn't score in a SUPER BOWL! Okay, he did score on the play, the RB, but he tried to sit down before the goal line. It's clear the Giants wanted to run out the clock with the FG at the end, but he just couldn't sit down. It's a tough play to make in real time, no question.

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

The contract situation is clearly affecting him. I think it’s very obvious he looks night and day different on the field this year - especially throwing the ball - although i’m sure some people would push back against that (id disagree vehemently). But whatever, fans can agree/disagree on that all we want.

I think it is inarguable that the contract situation is affecting his demeanor/affecting how he carries himself, though. He’s a franchise QB and he just told a fan to eat a **** for the whole world to see lol. He’s had way worse body language and blowups on the sideline than I can ever remember too. The contract situation is clearly mentally affecting him, and that begs the question: if we tag him next year, is this just going to be repeated next season? Like idk why the Ravens wouldn’t tag him after how inconsistent he’s looked this year, but he’s clearly playing worse and imo that’s partially due to not having that long term security. So it’s this weird game of chicken that may just end up with this version of Lamar and a 9-11 win type team again next year that’s not a legit threat to win it all (imo)

The best way I can put it is that Lamar is playing for a contract, not playing to win.