Rams QB Stafford may not return this season

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Go ask any fan of the Lions, Vikings, Browns, Bengals, Chargers, Bills, Texans, Panthers, or Jaguars if they'd mortgage the next 5 years of their future for a championship this year.

Where the **** do I sign up!?

22 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Was a Super Bowl win worth all of those picks? Have a feeling we’re well past Stafford peak. 

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Go ask any fan of the Lions, Vikings, Browns, Bengals, Chargers, Bills, Texans, Panthers, or Jaguars if they'd mortgage the next 5 years of their future for a championship this year.

looks like some Vikings fans are questioning the title over picks mentality

10 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Hell, throw the Titans in there.

But, this does make this trade look a lot more like a win-win than anything else.  Detroit either gets a legit QB to replace Goff or a stud blue chipper at another position and a QB later.  Detroit has an extra second rounder too.

Edited by Daniel

11 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I’d suck for 20 to win one. It’s kinda been Chicago’s thing anyway since 1985

• Like 2

6 hours ago, squire12 said:

looks like some Vikings fans are questioning the title over picks mentality

I’d take the title to be clear. Tired of being one of the winningest franchises in the regular season with nothing to show for it. It just seems like a cheap way of going about doing it and has a high risk of completely flaming out. Ultimately I’d support a front office that makes prudent moves to win, Wilson at his age and play style didn’t fit the bill.  But at least Stafford got the Rams one who actually got there with goff

Edited by vikingsrule

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

Hell, throw the Titans in there.

But, this does make this trade look a lot more like a win-win than anything else.  Detroit either gets a legit QB to replace Goff or a stud blue chipper at another position and a QB later.  Detroit has an extra second rounder too.

If Iffy Melifonwu can get healthy and go back to his CB position, could be a nice haul for the Lions.

2021 3rd- Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB

2022 1st- Traded for Jameson Williams, WR.

2023 1st- Bryce Young, Will Anderson or Jalen Carter? 

7 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I’d take the title to be clear. Tired of being one of the winningest franchises in the regular season with nothing to show for it. It just seems like a cheap way of going about doing it and has a high risk of completely flaming out. Ultimately I’d support a front office that makes prudent moves to win, Wilson at his age and play style didn’t fit the bill.  But at least Stafford got the Rams one who actually got there with goff

Ain't no cheap way of going about doing it. There's doing it, and there's not doing it. 😉

• Like 1

I would've liked to see Stafford give it a go at running it back because I've always liked the guy. Sucks this year flopped, but he has the ring- something plenty of really good QBs like Philip Rivers, Dan Marino, and Matt Ryan don't have. 

He should retire. He's had quite a few injuries and there's really nothing more he can accomplish to build on his legacy at this point that makes it worthwhile. He may not reach the HoF, but I bet he gets talked about at least and he'll probably have some statue or something in LA, a ring of honor induction, Little Caesars commercials, a hot wife, and...oh yeah, a ring. 

And anyone ready to call the Rams done.....foolish. McVay will probably do something like sign Mike White or Cooper Rush or Jacoby Brissett and make them look like a top 10 QB next year after stuffing them with Campbell's Chunky and flashing his Superbowl ring, 2 NFC championship rings, and overall record. Or he may opt to retire with his hot wife and ring and everything else while the league speculates and kisses his rear annually about coaching again, at the ripe old age of 37. 

Worth it? For all parties involved, absolutely yes, regardless of what happens for the next decade.......which probably involves Sean Payton if not McVay at which point....yeah it's probably pretty nice to be a Rams fan. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 10:37 AM, vikingsrule said:

Was a Super Bowl win worth all of those picks? Have a feeling we’re well past Stafford peak. 

Yes.

A Viking fan asking that question?

I'd trade 1st round picks for even 10 years for a Superbowl victory. The Vikings have the 7th highest winning percentage in history so the bar isn't exactly low that our history sucks...We just always fail at the worst times

• Like 1