Paxton Lynch to start for Broncos

ET80

2 hours ago, cddolphin said:

I've heard that before

Difference is the Bills were 5-4 and the Broncos are 3-7 so there really isn't anything to lose in their case. I think they will just have to start him out as a one read QB then run/dump it off/throw away. No need to try to make him a complete QB right away, if that happens it will take time. Right now just try to keep him comfortable and under as little stress as possible with his one read and then move on to the next down don't try to get cute.

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Anyone else think the Broncos signed Big Brock just to make Paxton Lynch look good by comparison?

LOL too funny....somewhat true, but not intentional.  Lynch had an injured shoulder, so wasn't cleared to practice until even 2 weeks ago.

But yeah, that was a side bonus too (officially Brock spent a year with McCoy so in theory he knew the system...#2 until Lynch ready to return from injury).

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Well I picked a bad time to trade for DT

Actually, if you are in a PPR league, maybe not.  The team is going to simplify the scheme - and that likely means the return of the DT bubble screen.   You may not see a lot of double move routes...but honestly, I don't think we've hit on a single one this year, anyways.   If you are in a PPR league, probably DT and Booker are the only 2 guys you can rely on.  

Plus, I expect we'll be behind most games (this one, maybe not), so there's always garbage time....the nectar of the fantasy gods.

12 hours ago, Broncofan said:

If it can be done he’ll do it.  Guy was clearly beaten out by Siemian in the preseason.  Despite 2 offseasons of learning the playbook he’s sushi raw.  Bad footwork & pocket awareness slow in his read progression very little recognition of D’s and doesn’t look safeties off.  Eyes down with pressure.  This could get really ugly.  

The good news is if we lose out and the Gmen can get one more win we get the 3 pick overall.  And by then we’ll know if it’s time to bail on him.  So works out either way. 

God I was screaming for us to trade back up and grab him. 

12 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Difference is the Bills were 5-4 and the Broncos are 3-7 so there really isn't anything to lose in their case. I think they will just have to start him out as a one read QB then run/dump it off/throw away. No need to try to make him a complete QB right away, if that happens it will take time. Right now just try to keep him comfortable and under as little stress as possible with his one read and then move on to the next down don't try to get cute.

You're right that it's a different situation, and I think it's a good move starting Paxton, as they have nothing to lose at this point.

Doesn't mean he's going to be any better than Brock though.

Wow this Broncos team is a dumpster fire.  This reeks of a desperation move.  Joseph better right the ship in a hurry.  

A 3-7 team with 6 losses in a row playing a sophomore former R1 draft pick over Brock Osweiler and Siemien is a desperation move?

The Broncos went past desperation once Trevor regressed to absurd levels. Now its simply about seeing what we have. Lynch does well, we might have a QBOTF. Lynch loses, we end up top 3 and grab a QBOTF or Barkley.

Pretty simple move.

I don't expect much and wish Kelly wasn't injured but we will see. Paxton seems too 'awwww shucks' to succeed in this league. He seems just sorta like a big gangly dope. Its frightening that Elway, and a ton of other teams, sat down with him and came away with the idea he could be molded into a NFL starting QB.

12 hours ago, MathMan said:

holy carp, the raiders have 0 picks??

lol

This might be the game. The Broncos have thrown at least 1 interception in every single game this season... except in week 4 when they played the Raiders. 

Then again, I can see Paxton being his usual inaccurate but conservative self and not throw an interception this game (and not push the ball downfield at all, but that's besides the point). 

14 minutes ago, Twizlers said:

This might be the game. The Broncos have thrown at least 1 interception in every single game this season... except in week 4 when they played the Raiders. 

Then again, I can see Paxton being his usual inaccurate but conservative self and not throw an interception this game (and not push the ball downfield at all, but that's besides the point). 

Ummm we don't even know what Paxton being his usual self really looks like...

Archived