• San Francisco (1-9) - Barkley ~ Jimmy G best Friend 
  • New York Giants (2-8) Josh Rosin ~ Eli era is over
  • Denver (3-7) Lamar Jackson ~ QB is #1 need
  • Indianapolis (3-7) Bradley Chubb ~ its a need and BPA
  • Chicago (3-7) ????

super easy day at work.  happy thanksgiving

I got Mike McGlichey here

•  

It's gonna depend on who is ranked where as the draft gets closer....

6 to me is a prime trade down position, since there's unlikely to be a full 6 elite level players on the board, but it does also depend entirely how the board starts shaking out closer to draft time.  LT, OLB, WR would be the first 3 positions I'd look hard at....  CB/MLB/DT could also be potential spots to look at.

3 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I think 3 QBs in the top 4 is unlikely, especially if Lamar Jackson is one of them. I think he's a first rounder, but I see him more than likely going in the 2nd half of round 1.

there is a strong chance. Three of those teams are desperate for QBs.  Hue Jackson has to take one he can’t survive another 2 win season without the promise of a franchise qb. Eli is done in NY. Plus giants are a good team they won’t be this bad next year. Denver has a Super Bowl defense wasting away becuase they have no qb.   

The value and need appear to be at OLB.

But I would never argue taking an OT.

The WR talent just doesn't scream top 6 pick. I love Ridley, but I don't know if he has dominant enough physical tools to be picked that high.

6 sucks for trade downs because the QBs will be long gone.

I take one of the OLBs, Landry, Key, Ferrell.

47 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The value and need appear to be at OLB.

But I would never argue taking an OT.

The WR talent just doesn't scream top 6 pick. I love Ridley, but I don't know if he has dominant enough physical tools to be picked that high.

6 sucks for trade downs because the QBs will be long gone.

I take one of the OLBs, Landry, Key, Ferrell.

Darnold and Rosen will be gone for sure IMO but if someone LOVES Mayfield, Jackson or Allen and wants to jump someone else looking for their long term QB (currently LAC and AZ pick 7 and 9) then we could absolutely be a trade spot. When this many teams need QBs and potentially a few franchise guys available we could see some crazy trades IMO.  

Also of note, we are 6th right now at 3-7, but there are NINE 4-6 teams. With a few wins we could move down in a hurry. 

49 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Also of note, we are 6th right now at 3-7, but there are NINE 4-6 teams. With a few wins we could move down in a hurry. 

And entering the easiest part of our season.... The rookies have had time to develop a bit, some of them (Shaheen) should be earning more playtime and (hypothetically at least) we could be at a point where Fox stops handcuffing the offense and lets Loggains dial up the plays... Remember we where heavily airing the ball out with Matt freaking Barkley last year coming off the bench...  I'm still not thrilled overall with Loggans as a playcaller, but I don't think the team is anywhere near as bad as our record is, or our overall coaching has made us, nor is Loggains as bad as Fox is forcing him to be......

I think we have more than enough talent to win a few of these games at least... 6-7 wins doesn't seem completely unreasonable to me yet, if Fox will just get out of the damn way. And even if it tanks our draft status, I'm kind of hoping we can put a at least a couple game run together to close the season out just for team morale/confidence purposes going into next year.

6 hours ago, Epyon said:

And entering the easiest part of our season.... The rookies have had time to develop a bit, some of them (Shaheen) should be earning more playtime and (hypothetically at least) we could be at a point where Fox stops handcuffing the offense and lets Loggains dial up the plays... Remember we where heavily airing the ball out with Matt freaking Barkley last year coming off the bench...  I'm still not thrilled overall with Loggans as a playcaller, but I don't think the team is anywhere near as bad as our record is, or our overall coaching has made us, nor is Loggains as bad as Fox is forcing him to be......

I think we have more than enough talent to win a few of these games at least... 6-7 wins doesn't seem completely unreasonable to me yet, if Fox will just get out of the damn way. And even if it tanks our draft status, I'm kind of hoping we can put a at least a couple game run together to close the season out just for team morale/confidence purposes going into next year.

Well there is this from Trubisky. 

Food for thought ... #Bears QB Mitch Trubisky : "I feel like they trust me. I know coach Dowell Loggains trusts me a lot with just how far I've progressed -- and what coach Fox is allowing us to do on offense. We just got to keep getting better each week. I feel like I have."

Cutler cost. 2 first round picks and a third round pick and got back a 5th rounder.

Trubisky cost. 2 third round picks and a fourth round pick.

So total picks per the two QB trades have cost 2 firsts, 3 thirds, 1 fourth and gotten back a fifth over the last 9 drafts.

White was a 1st round injury bust and Grasu a third round  evaluation bust so 2 more high picks gone over the last 3 drafts.

I'm tired of seeing marginal guys starting and less than marginal FA quality guys hitting the field after someone goes down. Do we really want Joe Leadfoot from SE Arkansas Polytech guarding Trubisky after Leno or Whitehair goes down?

Unless a can't miss player is staring Pace in the face when our pick comes up I say trade down and pick up more picks to upgrade the starters and depth.

Very good chance we're picking later than 6th when the seasons over, but if not...

I'm in favor of trading down as well, as I haven't seen anyone be lights out guaranteed great in this class at a position we need.  In my perfect world we're drafting right ahead of 2-3 QB needy teams willing to make a lopsided deal. The roster holes are not as glaring this year but more ammo would be great, and I feel like Pace has been really good in the middle and later rounds.

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I really think that the Bears need an OT in the 1st 2 rounds, but I would also except multiple swings at OT in round 4-6

Bears might be wise to draft a guy like Quenton Nelson if they have the chance.  Sitton is getting old  and is due to make $7.4 million next season. Rumor has it Bears were quietly shopping him before the trade deadline. Then you have Long who is always hurt and in and out of the lineup.

When you look at Brees having success in New Orleans it should be noted that he has usually always had a good interior o-line to protect him and give him a nice pocket to step into.  If Trubisky is to be successful we need to not just give him weapons, but make sure he is well protected.

Archived