Top 6 pick

Rogerthat

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Chicago Bears: Since Week 5, Charles Leno has allowed seven pressures. His 96.7 pass blocking efficiency in that time is second-best for all left tackles.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-32-nfl-observations-week-11

Yes PFF, but I don't think an OT is going to be a 1st or 2nd round pick.

It would be to replace Massie, not Leno. 

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

It would be to replace Massie, not Leno. 

And I'm not taking a RT over premium positions like OLB or CB in the 1st or  a WR or many other positions.  Plus Massie hasn't been bad all season or last season, except for the first 6 games. The Bears need depth all over the line but they have to many other positions that need premium/impact players at.

4 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

And I'm not taking a RT over premium positions like OLB or CB in the 1st or  a WR or many other positions.  Plus Massie hasn't been bad all season or last season, except for the first 6 games. The Bears need depth all over the line but they have to many other positions that need premium/impact players at.

Oh I’m with you 100% on that. RT to me is a mid round need. We need a guy ready to potentially take over for Massie in 2019 when his deal is up IMO, not a guy to let us cut him.

To me the only question about our OL that isn’t a depth one is if we keep Sitton or not, and if we don’t whether we replace him with a C to slide Whitehair out to G, just add a G or plan to go with Kush or Jordan Morgan there. Kush was totally solid last year in his starts. I wouldn’t be opposed to them letting those two battle out for Sitton’s spot and using the Sitton money on a quality starter elsewhere. 

48 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Basic Football Principle...Protect your QB - Hit their QB...

Leno has played pretty well this year...Massie has been okay...which means we need to find someone else to hit their QB...the idea of Floyd and Arden Key coming off the edge is scary.

Don't you find that Key is too similar type of a player to Floyd though?  Also, there are some off the field concerns with Key and people have questioned his dedication to football.

Bradley Chubb on the other hand.  A combo of he and Floyd would be downright scary. 

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Don't you find that Key is too similar type of a player to Floyd though?  Also, there are some off the field concerns with Key and people have questioned his dedication to football.

Bradley Chubb on the other hand.  A combo of he and Floyd would be downright scary. 

I think Key is a more natural pass rusher than Floyd altho Floyd is more versatile...I would prefer Chubb but in this scenario he is gone.

18 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I want to know more about Key's personal leave from the LSU football team.  I personally think it was LSU's clever way of keeping him eligible because he couldn't pass a drug test. 

Take the best guy. I don't care who it is. Take the guy who's the best in his class at what he does. I say anything besides QB and maybe safety should be in play.

One thing we need to be recognize now that we're moving towards Pace draft #4: Pace is now 3 of 3  in using his first pick on guys who are really raw but have great physical traits. That's probably who we should be keying in on.

On 2017-11-22 at 5:53 PM, blkwdw13 said:

Chicago Bears: Since Week 5, Charles Leno has allowed seven pressures. His 96.7 pass blocking efficiency in that time is second-best for all left tackles.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-32-nfl-observations-week-11

Yes PFF, but I don't think an OT is going to be a 1st or 2nd round pick.

You start 2 OTs.

Massie was brutal yesterday.

Archived