Top 6 pick

Rogerthat

8 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Don't forget Orton. I've always wondered what would have happened had the Bears stood pat...

The GM at the time (who's name is escaping me right now) would have thrown the picks away probably. He had a crap record for high draft picks.... drafts for that matter.

People make it seem like Leno’s extension was a sign that the Bears believe he has been dominant on the field, when in reality it’s likely just an indicator that they didn’t want to fall behind in a really bad OL market.

One thing I really like about Pace’s regime is that he has managed to put linemen on the field who, at the very least, aren’t total liabilities. Guys like Kush, Compton, and Sowell have played reasonably well in relief.

That being said, I believe Massie’s deal is up after this year, and the Bears were gunning for Wagner in free agency, so I don’t think drafting an OT is an unrealistic possibility.

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

The whole OLine was brutal yesterday, so are we going to draft a whole new line. 

Massie has been consistently below average and is the worse starter.

Upgrading the line will help a young QB develop.

Do I really need to do the math here?

1 hour ago, IronMike84 said:

People make it seem like Leno’s extension was a sign that the Bears believe he has been dominant on the field, when in reality it’s likely just an indicator that they didn’t want to fall behind in a really bad OL market.

One thing I really like about Pace’s regime is that he has managed to put linemen on the field who, at the very least, aren’t total liabilities. Guys like Kush, Compton, and Sowell have played reasonably well in relief.

That being said, I believe Massie’s deal is up after this year, and the Bears were gunning for Wagner in free agency, so I don’t think drafting an OT is an unrealistic possibility.

Compton and Sowell have both been bad.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Again it’s PFF but Massie has been the second best OL on the team this season, while he should be upgraded it’s not a 1st or 2nd round pick unless they are by far the best player. 

• Cleveland (0-11) ~ Josh Rosen - There is a report out on the internet that Darnold is not going to declare if the browns are the top 2 picks
  • San Francisco (1-10) ~ Barkley - This pick is either Barkley or a trade for a QB such as Denver jumping the giants to draft a QB 
  • New York Giants (2-9) Lamar Jackson - If Eli is lucky he is will be playing in Denver.  I think Jackson is under rated.  He'll put up a 4.42 40 at the combine and the Bigger right handed Mike Vick comps will come flowing in and his stock will raise.
  • Denver (3-8) Quenton Nelson - Denver is getting Kirk cousins or Eli in the offseason they continue to strengthen the O line after all Elway doesn't want a soft team.
  • Indianapolis (3-8) -Fitzpatrick - Hooker and Fitzpatrick will be a grerat combo
  • Chicago (3-8) Bradley Chubb - Bears luck out in this scenario.  Chubb has been dominate this year and his game will comp Floyd's game.  This would be a dream come true pick and another broken collar bone for Aaron Rodgers

Draft order stayed the same.  I think the top 3 picks are locks at this point. 

Denver I think can make it to 6 wins.  dolphins, colts, chiefs could be W's for the broncos.   

Colts have a game against the broncos and a week 17 game against the Texans I am optimistic that the colts could win both those games and make it to 5 wins. 

Bears I am going to say finish 4-12.  they beat the browns but that's it the rest of the way. at best the bears get the 4th pick. 

Pace's Big Board

1 Bradley Chubb

2 Calvin Ridley

3 Mike McGlichey

4 Fitzpatrick

1 hour ago, Rogerthat said:
  • Cleveland (0-11) ~ Josh Rosen - There is a report out on the internet that Darnold is not going to declare if the browns are the top 2 picks
  • San Francisco (1-10) ~ Barkley - This pick is either Barkley or a trade for a QB such as Denver jumping the giants to draft a QB 
  • New York Giants (2-9) Lamar Jackson - If Eli is lucky he is will be playing in Denver.  I think Jackson is under rated.  He'll put up a 4.42 40 at the combine and the Bigger right handed Mike Vick comps will come flowing in and his stock will raise.
  • Denver (3-8) Quenton Nelson - Denver is getting Kirk cousins or Eli in the offseason they continue to strengthen the O line after all Elway doesn't want a soft team.
  • Indianapolis (3-8) -Fitzpatrick - Hooker and Fitzpatrick will be a grerat combo
  • Chicago (3-8) Bradley Chubb - Bears luck out in this scenario.  Chubb has been dominate this year and his game will comp Floyd's game.  This would be a dream come true pick and another broken collar bone for Aaron Rodgers

Draft order stayed the same.  I think the top 3 picks are locks at this point. 

Denver I think can make it to 6 wins.  dolphins, colts, chiefs could be W's for the broncos.   

Colts have a game against the broncos and a week 17 game against the Texans I am optimistic that the colts could win both those games and make it to 5 wins. 

Bears I am going to say finish 4-12.  they beat the browns but that's it the rest of the way. at best the bears get the 4th pick. 

Pace's Big Board

1 Bradley Chubb

2 Calvin Ridley

3 Mike McGlichey

4 Fitzpatrick

Giving us book-end pass rushers on both sides with our first pick would be one of the few picks that would make me comfortable with not trading down to get more picks.

2 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

Giving us book-end pass rushers on both sides with our first pick would be one of the few picks that would make me comfortable with not trading down to get more picks.

Bears have no leverage for a trade down in the first all the QBs are gone and teams don't trade up for any other position.  Maybe long shot maybe a team wants the Top WR in the draft. 

On 11/27/2017 at 8:40 AM, DABEARSLCF04 said:

The GM at the time (who's name is escaping me right now) would have thrown the picks away probably. He had a crap record for high draft picks.... drafts for that matter.

Angelo. If you've somehow blocked him out of your memory, good for you. Obsessed with constantly trading down, obsessed with proving he was always the smartest guy in the room...pretty telling he hasn't snagged another significant job in the league after the Bears let him go--probably three years after they should have.

On 11/27/2017 at 12:25 PM, WindyCity said:

For me, you do. With possibly a Chubb, or a Ridley, there? The line doesn't stink. They can address it in FA, or with lower picks...

On 11/27/2017 at 12:59 PM, topwop1 said:

Or to a lot of Bears fans, they expect every back up player to be starting caliber...

And don't forget the fact that both are playing out of position too. Sowell in particular is too tall to play G effectively but has been forced into duty there multiple times. He was signed to be the swing tackle. Entering the year he was expected to be the 6th string G behind Long/Sitton/Kush/Whitehair/Compton

4 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

Bears have no leverage for a trade down in the first all the QBs are gone and teams don't trade up for any other position.  Maybe long shot maybe a team wants the Top WR in the draft. 

Things change as the draft approaches. Who thought that Pace would trade away two thirds and a fourth to move up one spot? And it only takes one Jerry Angelo type to make a stupid trade up with us. Cleveland might finish the season with a five game winning streak to move below us in the draft. On second thought, maybe we won't have any leverage.

5 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

Things change as the draft approaches. Who thought that Pace would trade away two thirds and a fourth to move up one spot? And it only takes one Jerry Angelo type to make a stupid trade up with us. Cleveland might finish the season with a five game winning streak to move below us in the draft. On second thought, maybe we won't have any leverage.

I think it's simply too early too tell. Which makes things more frustrating, but also more interesting. How will Mayfield and Allen be regarded, at the end? Will Eli being on the market change anything? 

Archived