Top 6 pick

Rogerthat

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I think it's simply too early too tell. Which makes things more frustrating, but also more interesting. How will Mayfield and Allen be regarded, at the end? Will Eli being on the market change anything? 

I could see Josh Allen raise to a top 4 pick with Denver.  GMs will fall in love with his measurable and arm strength.  Plus if Kirk Cousins doesn't come in FA Elway has two choices trade up or reach for Josh Allen.  Mayfield will go to the combine measure in a 6' 3/8th inch and not be drafted in the first round.  I could also see mason Rudolph get first round consideration. 

first round potential

rosen

jackson

Darnold

Allen

Rudolph

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Crazy to see.

Go number one overall.

Win 2 Super Bowls over Tom Brady.

Be benched for Geno Smith.

Honestly never thought I would see the day an organization like the Giants throw someone who has meant so much to them over the years under the bus...would love to see him pull a Peyton and go to Denver because he would still have a chance to win.

19 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Crazy to see.

Go number one overall.

Win 2 Super Bowls over Tom Brady.

Be benched for Geno Smith.

I expect something like that from the Browns or Bengals or Raiders, but that’s low for the Giants. 

If the Giants have to bench Manning to figure out that Geno Smith blows at football, then it’s perfect proof that everybody in that building will be out of a job in a month.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Safe to say the Giants are going QB after benching Manning.

Didn't they take Cal's former QB this year.... The kid from the Senior Bowl who actually did well?

Googled it: Davis Webb.    They might be taking a pass for another year, unless someone they love falls into their lap...Webb hasn't even had a chance yet, and he showed at least some developmental promise.

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

Didn't they take Cal's former QB this year.... The kid from the Senior Bowl who actually did well?

Googled it: Davis Webb.    They might be taking a pass for another year, unless someone they love falls into their lap...Webb hasn't even had a chance yet, and he showed at least some developmental promise.

The fact Webb isn't starting over Geno Smith says alot...if Chicago is bad for developing a QB then the city of New York is even worse...they need an elite QB prospect and Webb has never been that.

18 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Honestly never thought I would see the day an organization like the Giants throw someone who has meant so much to them over the years under the bus...would love to see him pull a Peyton and go to Denver because he would still have a chance to win.

Yep. This was even more of a desperation move for McAdoo than when Trestman benched Jay. I'm not an Eli fan, but he lead to two Super Bowls and his skill groups are decimated with OBJ, Marshall and Harris out. This reeks of McAdoo's cowardice.

1 brown - Trade - Giants - QB Sam Darnold - this trade happens before the deadline for declaring for the draft to get Darnold to leave USC.  Next coach probably McDaniels gets his new QB.  Eli to the jags in FA

2 Browns via Giants - HB Barkley - Browns hold the 7th pick they go Barkley at 2 and get a QB at 7

3 49ers - WR Courtland Sutton - He will blow up the combine.  6'3 215lbs 4.41 and 4.42 40.  He has a NFL WR body good hands, makes the tough catch, catch over the middle, end zone fade  Sutton can do it all 

4 Denver - Josh Rosen - Obvious pick

5 Colts - Bradley Chubb - OT is a real consideration here considering Luck's injuries.  But Chubb is dominate and a much better player the Mike Glichey

6 Bears - WR Calvin Ridley - Bears get a #1 WR

2 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

1 brown - Trade - Giants - QB Sam Darnold - this trade happens before the deadline for declaring for the draft to get Darnold to leave USC.  Next coach probably McDaniels gets his new QB.  Eli to the jags in FA

2 Browns via Giants - HB Barkley - Browns hold the 7th pick they go Barkley at 2 and get a QB at 7

3 49ers - WR Courtland Sutton - He will blow up the combine.  6'3 215lbs 4.41 and 4.42 40.  He has a NFL WR body good hands, makes the tough catch, catch over the middle, end zone fade  Sutton can do it all 

4 Denver - Josh Rosen - Obvious pick

5 Colts - Bradley Chubb - OT is a real consideration here considering Luck's injuries.  But Chubb is dominate and a much better player the Mike Glichey

6 Bears - WR Calvin Ridley - Bears get a #1 WR

If Pace picks another WR with a top 7 overall pick I'll start looking for the cashed checks in his account from Green Bay.

I'd much rather pick up at least one reliable if not spectacular veteran FA WR who can be a good 'go to' guy for Trubisky starting game one in 2018 than a guy who no matter how great he may become is learning the NFL the same season Trubisky is.  Unless a can't miss impact defender is sitting there at 6 I'm fully on board with trading down and picking up the best OL pick left on the board and then using the additional pick(s) to get a good WR prospect.

With my luck, Pace will trade picks to move up from 6 to 5 to pick a WR.

I share your feelings, sir. 

6 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

If Pace picks another WR with a top 7 overall pick I'll start looking for the cashed checks in his account from Green Bay.

I'd much rather pick up at least one reliable if not spectacular veteran FA WR who can be a good 'go to' guy for Trubisky starting game one in 2018 than a guy who no matter how great he may become is learning the NFL the same season Trubisky is.  Unless a can't miss impact defender is sitting there at 6 I'm fully on board with trading down and picking up the best OL pick left on the board and then using the additional pick(s) to get a good WR prospect.

With my luck, Pace will trade picks to move up from 6 to 5 to pick a WR.

Archived