The Good, the Bad, the EXTEND JOSH JACOBS vs. Seahawks (Post-game chat)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Are Waller and Renfrow coming back for the Chargers game? Like jfc unless we don’t know something it makes no sense. 

Moreau blocks better than waller. But getting Cole off punt returns with hunter back would be great. I hope mcdaniels domt get 4 wide happy with all the weapons back. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Check the receipts.

I love how he acts like it was totally unwarranted based on what he had accomplished up to that point. 

He's having a great year. Nobody has argued he's not. But that doesn't magically negate the fact that his availability and game changing ability were, at best, suspect prior to this year. 

It's like someone who won't shut up about Leonard Fournette finally turning his career into something after being picked up off the literal scrap heap by Tampa Bay. Fournette wound up being good with the right coaching and support. But to say he was a stud based on his time in Jacksonville and everyone was totally wrong about him is revisionism at it's finest. If he was such a sure thing, Tampa Bay wouldn't have gotten him for peanuts and melted Icee.

Nobody ever said the talent wasn't there with Fournette, but whether he actually realized that potential was a fair question. Ditto for Jacobs. Nobody ever said Jacobs was downright bad and had zero potential. But whether he could stay healthy and productive for an entire season and take over a game was totally fair to question. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I love how he acts like it was totally unwarranted based on what he had accomplished up to that point. 

He's having a great year. Nobody has argued he's not. But that doesn't magically negate the fact that his availability and game changing ability were, at best, suspect prior to this year. 

It's like someone who won't shut up about Leonard Fournette finally turning his career into something after being picked up off the literal scrap heap by Tampa Bay. Fournette wound up being good with the right coaching and support. But to say he was a stud based on his time in Jacksonville and everyone was totally wrong about him is revisionism at it's finest. If he was such a sure thing, Tampa Bay wouldn't have gotten him for peanuts and melted Icee.

Nobody ever said the talent wasn't there with Fournette, but whether he actually realized that potential was a fair question. Ditto for Jacobs. Nobody ever said Jacobs was downright bad and had zero potential. But whether he could stay healthy and productive for an entire season and take over a game was totally fair to question. 

I love how you hate to acknowledge that I was correct in believing Jacobs could become our GOAT.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I love how you hate to acknowledge that I was correct in believing Jacobs could become our GOAT.

Big fella…everybody has hit or miss takes. You were right about Jacobs but the obsession with rubbing Nick Cage’s face in it has now become weird. 

I like it more when you flip flop positions daily based on the newest stats you find on Twitter. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

When he officially does it, feel free to celebrate. 

Now, about shipping Carr off for Spencer Rattler for 1.1 last year and trolling for an entire season about how Jalen Hurts sucks and would never become anything......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Big fella…everybody has hit or miss takes. You were right about Jacobs but the obsession with rubbing Nick Cage’s face in it has now become weird. 

I like it more when you flip flop positions daily based on the newest stats you find on Twitter. 

Meh, let him. 

He literally only shows up anymore if Jacobs has a great game. 

It'll be interesting to see if he even bothers to post if Jacobs has a bad day or doesn't break the franchise rushing record. 

He's basically Raiders Nation's own VanS. It's at least sort of comical. 

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think he has been held back by bad OL play over the 2 years prior. I agree he's been banged up. He has clearly changed something about his body which has made him more explosive and less injury prone. But he's always been a top 10 talent for me IMHO