The Good, the Bad, the EXTEND JOSH JACOBS vs. Seahawks (Post-game chat)

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I assume you're joking but Marcus Allen to me is one of the most underrated players of all time. I know he's in the Hall of Fame, but the guy could have played any position and been great, just one of the best overall football players I've ever had the privilege to watch.

Loved Marcus Allen, he even played FB for Bo at times, guy could do it all. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dessie said:

Loved Marcus Allen, he even played FB for Bo at times, guy could do it all. 

I think he threw what, 6 or 7 TDs aswell, great receiver of course, think he played DB or Safety when younger too. Just a genuine old-school type player who could do it all.

Imagine that backfield now with Marcus and Bo 😲😲😲

18 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Interesting in watching breakdowns from the game how many soft boxes Jacobs had against Seattle. They clearly feared Adams going off which gave Josh room he didn't have the previous couple weeks. 

Adams impact can't be understated. Will be interesting to see how the Chargers play him. Or do they sell out with James in the box to slow Josh?

I think the Chargers game will be similar to the Seattle in this regard. They don't have anyone in the secondary to really give Adams a tough time. 

I'm less optimistic about the Rams D. Their O is trash, but I can't bring myself to write their D off as a gimme for anything. 

That said, I think it's the Pats, Steelers, and 9ers D's that I think give us the most trouble against the run down the stretch. 

Get a deep ball or two towards Adams though, that can go out the window in a hurry. Props where they're due, that flea flicker that saw Adams pull double and left Hollins open by a mile was beautiful and really encapsulates your point. 

Great breakdown on the run defence, coverage mistakes, pass rush and pass plays from the Tape Don't Lie guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DczUIohxuFE

Couple eye-opening plays when you see the All22 like the first pass rush from Chandler Jones preventing a possible big play or TD that I think everyone missed 😉

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Great breakdown on the run defence, coverage mistakes, pass rush and pass plays from the Tape Don't Lie guys:

Couple eye-opening plays when you see the All22 like the first pass rush from Chandler Jones preventing a possible big play or TD that I think everyone missed 😉

We all want to see more sacks, but Chandler Jones is not completely worthless. There are a lot of little things that he still does that many times goes unnoticed.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

We all want to see more sacks, but Chandler Jones is not completely worthless. There are a lot of little things that he still does that many times goes unnoticed.

I have said he is doing a good job for what he is being asked to do but at $17 million a year he is a waste.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

This reinforced for me how terrible the secondary is. Dline showed in a big way, otherwise they would have been toasted on some big plays. 

The scheme works. The talent isn't there and that is very evident in the secondary. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

Good: 

-Jacobs

-Crosby

-Carr bouncing back

-OL dominating (Seattle's DL looks pretty weak)

-First winning streak of the year!

Bad:

-Carr's early interceptions

-The penalty on Abdullah's celebration (Diggs walked right in front of him as he was in the middle of his usual swinging roundhouse kick thing lol)

-Middle of defense (LBs) not covering anyone coming across the middle. I question the scheme more than anything...having Crosby drop back in coverage and WR/TEs getting wide open behind him before he can get back? There were so many easy throws for Geno Smith yesterday... too many opposing WRs/TEs that are WIDE OPEN.

Ugly:

-McDaniel's calling a toss on 4th and 1. Previously he had called an inside run and Jacobs was able to bounce it outside. By calling the toss it limits where Jacobs can go and restricts him at the sideline.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This reinforced for me how terrible the secondary is. Dline showed in a big way, otherwise they would have been toasted on some big plays. 

The scheme works. The talent isn't there and that is very evident in the secondary. 

This is why getting Hobbs back will be so important.  If we can win out and sneak into the playoffs we are a dangerous team.  I just expect this team to start dropping games again once they start raising their expectations.  Seems to happen all the time with this team.  When we are ready to throw away the season they start winning and win we need wins they do not show up.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

This is why getting Hobbs back will be so important.  If we can win out and sneak into the playoffs we are a dangerous team.  I just expect this team to start dropping games again once they start raising their expectations.  Seems to happen all the time with this team.  When we are ready to throw away the season they start winning and win we need wins they do not show up.

If we can finish out 4-2, I think we go into the off-season with some positive momentum. I don’t see us finishing 8-0. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm praying we go 10-7 and make the playoffs, lmao.

It really comes down to this game and the Chiefs getting the #1 seed then sitting starters. 

It's a win win for me. If we lose this game, we likely get a top 10 pick and have a chance for a cornerstone defender. If we don't, we play some pretty poor teams down the stretch and have a chance at a big run.