Maxx Fricken Crosby

RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Didn’t my boy Billings have 2 sacks against the Seahawks? Maybe they only credited him with halves or something……..

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I thought he had 1.5 sacks.  It at least looked that way.

I think they gave him two halves. 0.5 with Crosby and 0.5 with Nichols. Then Crosby had another full one himself.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 11:21 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

@ #4:

1. Bosa

2. Williams

3. Allen

4. White

5. Oliver

@ #24/27:

1. Simmons

2. Ferrell

3. Fant

4. Murphy

5. Jacobs

6. Hollywood

7. Wilson

Mine looks pretty good now fwiw. Did not want Ferrell anywhere near #4, as most would agree.

Crazy to think Crosby is arguably better than everyone there.

12 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

The Cards game gets mentioned a lot because that would have put us at pick #1.  I believe the Cards would have been #3.  We could have then got a lot to trade down with the Cards and still got a top DL player.  Losing to the Steelers still lands us at #2 which would have been great but losing to the Cards puts us in the best possible situation.

Oh wow, that is wild I actually didnt realize it wouldve dropped us to #1. 
I didnt want Murray, so #2 wouldve be fine. . . but yeap, completely get why people focus on the Cards now. 
Thanks

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For those discussing their BB's in 2019...

This is mine from 2019:

1 - Nick Bosa - Perfect fit for our system and though he's likely gone would be ideal for us, our best DL player right out the box

2 - Quinnen Williams - Not a 'need' as such but a blue chip prospect that can play in our system next to any of our guys and star

3 - Montez Sweat - Great fit for our our system and higher ceiling than Ferrell, uses length and leverage superbly, helped himself with Senior Bowl and impressive combine

4 - Clelin Ferrell - Another great fit with a high floor, very safe prospect but not as exciting as Sweat, Allen, Burns et all

5 - Josh Allen - Great player but I view him as a potential star 3-4 OLB, he's high risk as a DE in our system and not worth it for me if we're using him as OLB 

5 - Devin White - Not the most valuable position but we are in dire need and he has immense potential, very impressed with his combine

6 - Ed Oliver - Conflicted with Oliver as I think he's a great player but he's very similar to Hurst who I expect a big season from

7 - DK Metcalf - Boom or bust prospect, great bloodlines and H/W/S but production is simply not there and injury and lateral agility question marks are huge

8 - Greedy Williams - Great length, surprising combine speed and good cover guy who fits but needs to be more physical and play press better

9 - Dalton Risner - How is this guy not rated higher? Not a sexy pick but he'll be a great, versatile player for a decade plus and would solidify our RT

10a - Rashan Gary - Another Boom or bust for me, looks the part but production should have been better given his physical skills

10b - Brian Burns - Is he a full time DE and can he hold the point of attack, he has pass rush skills but he's a high risk prospect for me

The great thing is I think a few of these guys are being criminally underrated and may be available at our #24 or #27 picks so we could land two of these guys :)

Though I do seem to remember in the Me v Mayock thread drafting Ferrell, Sweat and DK Metcalf maybe I think due to Sweat dropping with heart concerns or something....... have to own up to the Ferrell pick...............I did end up with Renfrow aswell though :) 

23 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

I'd still go with Prime Mack for now...But man Crosby is so good and just keeps getting better. Plus you can't teach a motor like that.

Yeah i just went back and watched some highlights and games from that 16 season….Mack was legit probably the best player in the league that year.

love crosby though…He is everything you could want in a player 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

This is mine from 2019:

1 - Nick Bosa - Perfect fit for our system and though he's likely gone would be ideal for us, our best DL player right out the box

2 - Quinnen Williams - Not a 'need' as such but a blue chip prospect that can play in our system next to any of our guys and star

3 - Montez Sweat - Great fit for our our system and higher ceiling than Ferrell, uses length and leverage superbly, helped himself with Senior Bowl and impressive combine

4 - Clelin Ferrell - Another great fit with a high floor, very safe prospect but not as exciting as Sweat, Allen, Burns et all

5 - Josh Allen - Great player but I view him as a potential star 3-4 OLB, he's high risk as a DE in our system and not worth it for me if we're using him as OLB 

5 - Devin White - Not the most valuable position but we are in dire need and he has immense potential, very impressed with his combine

6 - Ed Oliver - Conflicted with Oliver as I think he's a great player but he's very similar to Hurst who I expect a big season from

7 - DK Metcalf - Boom or bust prospect, great bloodlines and H/W/S but production is simply not there and injury and lateral agility question marks are huge

8 - Greedy Williams - Great length, surprising combine speed and good cover guy who fits but needs to be more physical and play press better

9 - Dalton Risner - How is this guy not rated higher? Not a sexy pick but he'll be a great, versatile player for a decade plus and would solidify our RT

10a - Rashan Gary - Another Boom or bust for me, looks the part but production should have been better given his physical skills

10b - Brian Burns - Is he a full time DE and can he hold the point of attack, he has pass rush skills but he's a high risk prospect for me

The great thing is I think a few of these guys are being criminally underrated and may be available at our #24 or #27 picks so we could land two of these guys :)

Though I do seem to remember in the Me v Mayock thread drafting Ferrell, Sweat and DK Metcalf maybe I think due to Sweat dropping with heart concerns or something....... have to own up to the Ferrell pick...............I did end up with Renfrow aswell though :) 

Al Davis would of drafted Metcalf at #4. The ultimate HWS prospect 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 11/27/2022 at 4:45 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

usa_today_17481920.jpg

Dude deserves his own damn thread. Madd Maxx is absolutely in the elite pass-rushing category. Right up there with the Parsons, Bosas, etc.

We are SO lucky to have struck gold with him.

Bumping this because he's something we all can agree on. lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, G said:

Bumping this because he's something we all can agree on. lol

Way to bring the peace back to forum! Maxx for DPOY lets goooo!

9 hours ago, riceman80 said:

It'd scary to think how bad our D would be if we lost him to a season ending injury.

and way to ruin my morning with this thought 😂

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 12:45 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

usa_today_17481920.jpg

Dude deserves his own damn thread. Madd Maxx is absolutely in the elite pass-rushing category. Right up there with the Parsons, Bosas, etc.

We are SO lucky to have struck gold with him.

I may be the only one, but I wouldn’t put him in the All Pro, elite category until he racks up around 15 sacks myself. I know he’s not had much help and he is an exceptional leader and great player, but for me you have to break 15 sacks to be truly elite I reckon, all the HoF guys do.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 9:37 AM, Darbsk said:

I may be the only one, but I wouldn’t put him in the All Pro, elite category until he racks up around 15 sacks myself. I know he’s not had much help and he is an exceptional leader and great player, but for me you have to break 15 sacks to be truly elite I reckon, all the HoF guys do.

I almost fully agree. The # of pressures he's putting up are elite. I agree more sacks would be great but there are a lot of factors for that including the rest of our defense/coverage unit.

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I almost fully agree. The # of pressures he's putting up are elite. I agree more sacks would be great but there are a lot of factors for that including the rest of our defense/coverage unit.

Yep, for sure. He could do with more help and he is still getting held a lot which may have a big impact. The pressures are great and show he's impacting but I just want those drive-ending sacks and FFs for me to put him in that All Pro category. Hopefully this is the year!