The Josh Jacobs Decision

RaidersAreOne

What would you do with Jacobs?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Jacobs?

• Re-sign him, likely for 3-4 years and top ~5-8 pay. Our O would be totally screwed without him.
    • Franchise tag him for one season, run him into the ground, then move on. We need him around but can't commit to him.
    • Let him walk, don't tie up big $ long-term for an oft-injured RB. Collect that comp pick!
    • Other

25 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I am fascinated to see how Adams reacts when we **** the bd in FA and he has a bum QB throwing to him. 

Josh Jacobs and Davante Adams understand, if you fall in line and trust JMD, you can produce at an elite level and be an All-Pro. If you cry, whine, and crap the bed you're going to get benched and then cut like Carr.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 4:14 PM, NYRaider said:

We're in a good spot because we can see what Saquan gets on the open market before we extend Jacobs.

RB is so devalued across the league though. Mixon / Zeke have to take pay cuts or might get released, Jones just had to take a pay cut in Green Bay, and Chubb / Henry are both being shopped.

Saquan got tagged

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I like to see a 3 year deal for Jacobs

Same. If we do commit long term we better not forget Zeus though. That guy is a potential gem and deserves more touches. I also hope McD stops feeding the likes of Bolden, Abdullah, etc. 

Zeus is pretty limited as a pass-catcher but Jacobs is awesome at that. Keep him in on more 3rd downs (Improve his pass-prro) and give Zeus more early down work imo.

22 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Same. If we do commit long term we better not forget Zeus though. That guy is a potential gem and deserves more touches. I also hope McD stops feeding the likes of Bolden, Abdullah, etc. 

Zeus is pretty limited as a pass-catcher but Jacobs is awesome at that. Keep him in on more 3rd downs (Improve his pass-prro) and give Zeus more early down work imo.

Zeus needs to improve as a pass catcher. I feel like teams knew it was a run whenever he was in the game. So he didn't do much in his carries 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Zeus needs to improve as a pass catcher. I feel like teams knew it was a run whenever he was in the game. So he didn't do much in his carries 

Teams knew it was a pass when Abdullah and the other ex pats rb came in

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

If a team like say cinci or buff offered a first for jj would y’all do it?

Yes, RBs are a dime a dozen and he'd never fetch that in a trade. But in that scenario..... would I trade up, no. Stack talent. None of the QBs are can't miss. Stroud is clean, but traits are meh. If I get him at 7, I'm in. Trading up, I need a Lawrence level guy to feel good about it.

• Like 1