The Josh Jacobs Decision

RaidersAreOne

What would you do with Jacobs?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Jacobs?

• Re-sign him, likely for 3-4 years and top ~5-8 pay. Our O would be totally screwed without him.
    • Franchise tag him for one season, run him into the ground, then move on. We need him around but can't commit to him.
    • Let him walk, don't tie up big $ long-term for an oft-injured RB. Collect that comp pick!
    • Other

Yeah, I hate the constant tweets too. But to be honest, if we trade him away rt now. I truly think team morale will suffer slightly. I’m not saying he’s irreplaceable, but the guys love him and it’s gonna be hard for mcdummy to spin that away. Just my humble opinion. Dime a dozen, run the wheels off. 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I don't think an injury prone RB needing to get a big contract would warrant a 2nd imo.

He has missed 6 games in 4 seasons and has never had a serious injury. He was a first team All-Pro and the most productive player in the league last season.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He has missed 6 games in 4 seasons and has never had a serious injury. He was a first team All-Pro and the most productive player in the league last season.

Other than D. Henry, every leading rusher goes down the following season and their production takes a major dip.  I looked into this just to reaffirm what I've read in the past.  I'd bet $5 Jacobs is going down for a period of time this season.

10 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Other than D. Henry, every leading rusher goes down the following season and their production takes a major dip.  I looked into this just to reaffirm what I've read in the past.  I'd bet $5 Jacobs is going down for a period of time this season.

Definitely in the realm of possibilities. I just think if you're going to trade him you should look at the season he's coming off of instead of labeling him as injury prone.

i think you have to resign Jacobs for the sake of stability. The locker room might lose it if they just ship out the heart and soul of the offense. Theyve said hes everything they want in a Raider, so whats the hold up? Money talks in the NFL, you aint spending on anyone else might as well pay a man who has earned it. I think if they play funny with Jacobs things could start getting ugly. 

9 minutes ago, Geezy said:

i think you have to resign Jacobs for the sake of stability. The locker room might lose it if they just ship out the heart and soul of the offense. Theyve said hes everything they want in a Raider, so whats the hold up? Money talks in the NFL, you aint spending on anyone else might as well pay a man who has earned it. I think if they play funny with Jacobs things could start getting ugly. 

I'd be irked if I was him seeing Meyers get a decent deal when they don't want to give him a new deal.

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Definitely in the realm of possibilities. I just think if you're going to trade him you should look at the season he's coming off of instead of labeling him as injury prone.

I agree.  I'm just citing recent history with leading rushers.  He may not go down and still have another stellar season.  I'm just not in the business of betting against the odds.  I believe out of the 7 last leading rushers in the NFL only D. Henry has gone on to have another awesome season after leading the league in rushing.  The others have all gone down hill.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Seeing what all of the RBs are getting in free agency, we probably should've just let Jacobs walk.

The market hasn't been kind at a lot of positions imo. CB, FS, LB (Sans Edmunds). DT has been pretty crazy but yeah Jacobs would not have done as nearly as good as i thought he would.

• Like 1