The Josh Jacobs Decision

RaidersAreOne

What would you do with Jacobs?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Jacobs?

• Re-sign him, likely for 3-4 years and top ~5-8 pay. Our O would be totally screwed without him.
    • Franchise tag him for one season, run him into the ground, then move on. We need him around but can't commit to him.
    • Let him walk, don't tie up big $ long-term for an oft-injured RB. Collect that comp pick!
    • Other

I hope they do whatever Josh wants. If he wants back, I hope it's not a Zeke many years terrible deal, but pay the man. If he wants to test the market, I hope they let him. I don't want a hold out over tag. I hope he gets paid by us or whatever team offers him the bag.

• Like 2

I think RBs are massively undervalued in the NFL, yes a good line can allow you to plug and play but a better RB will still naturally give you more. Jacobs is going to be 25~ next season and is currently carrying this offense despite the inconsistent performance of our budget o-line and passing game.

"Chubb type deal (3 yrs. 36 mil / 20 guaranteed). Or Henry (4 yrs / 50 mil / 25 g)" (Robbing this from big_palooka)

I'd happily take these contracts based on his impact on the field. Every year we have players sitting on big contracts offering little value - time to pay someone that has earned it and gives 100% on the field every snap!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Adams was a great decision. But instead of paying Waller, Jacobs would of been the better choice. 

Waller stole money. I don’t care how nice of a guy he seems. It seems he has had zero desire to play football since last season.

I’ve been a big Waller backer but if he doesn’t comeback this year and show something well yeah take a hike 

5 hours ago, Ryno said:

I think RBs are massively undervalued in the NFL, yes a good line can allow you to plug and play but a better RB will still naturally give you more. Jacobs is going to be 25~ next season and is currently carrying this offense despite the inconsistent performance of our budget o-line and passing game.

"Chubb type deal (3 yrs. 36 mil / 20 guaranteed). Or Henry (4 yrs / 50 mil / 25 g)" (Robbing this from big_palooka)

I'd happily take these contracts based on his impact on the field. Every year we have players sitting on big contracts offering little value - time to pay someone that has earned it and gives 100% on the field every snap!

I agree. The NFL was getting very pass heavy in recent years. Defenses have adjusted and good RBs are showing out.

Offenses are running through the ground games more than ever this season save a couple who have top end QBs. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 10:36 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jacobs is playing with a mediocre OL and is tearing it up. Want to keep him. 

I’m just curious if that’s McDaniels effect also. He’s always gotten great production out of RBs and Olines in the run game in New England. Maybe the OLine coach deserves some plaudits too as the run blocking seems pretty decent most games. Not saying we shouldn’t keep Jacobs but maybe, just maybe we can get similar production out of White/Random FA…… I can’t help but think whatever we decide to do with Jacobs will backfire 😄😄 Raiders curse!

• Like 2

Jacobs is definitely benefiting from Adams and scheme, but he’s made some unbelievable plays this year. Hearing guys like Adams, Johnson and Miller talk about his leadership and how his presence makes them want to step their game up, those are the guys you need to keep in your locker room. Still only 25, with limited carries in college.