The Josh Jacobs Decision

RaidersAreOne

What would you do with Jacobs?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Jacobs?

• Re-sign him, likely for 3-4 years and top ~5-8 pay. Our O would be totally screwed without him.
    • Franchise tag him for one season, run him into the ground, then move on. We need him around but can't commit to him.
    • Let him walk, don't tie up big $ long-term for an oft-injured RB. Collect that comp pick!
    • Other

Gruden would of resigned him based on him being his most successful 1st round pick

However, we cant afford to let Jacobs walk. If we didn’t have Josh this season, it would be ugly.

We also can’t franchise him either. His agents won’t allow him to sign that and neither would I. Bite the bullet and sign him to a 3-4 year extension front loaded 1st two seasons. We know RBs fall off after 7 seasons but that’s the nature of the game 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Wouldn't happen. KC likes what they have in Pacheco and don't need a Jacobs caliber back in that offense at that price tag.

Highest bidders would be the Rams IMO.  

I won’t disagree with the rams at all, but I wouldn’t just write KC off because of Pacheco either. You said yourself it could be a softer market. Never say never is how I’ll put it, ok? 

8 minutes ago, KlenlyKenny said:

Re-sign him. He's proving he's a good player. He's on Pace to have the second best rushing year I  franchise history (behind Marcus Allen). At 24 years old, there's a chance that if you sign him and keep him you're keeping him through his prime. 

yep, he also doesnt have the normal wear at this point, due to his college career and the lack of touches. Hes been banged up with some nagging stuff but nothing serious so far. 

8 hours ago, Geezy said:

yep, he also doesnt have the normal wear at this point, due to his college career and the lack of touches. Hes been banged up with some nagging stuff but nothing serious so far. 

Yup, I think they should absolutely do it I mean he can be a cornerstone for the team and it would look great for the Raiders because they drafted him. I can't even lie, when he broke that run I was blown away. He got past the linebacker, then when he got past that safety he was gone. It had a grand slam walk off feel to it.

Edited by KlenlyKenny
  • Like 1

Hmmm. I have always been on the never pay a RB wagon, they have the highest attrition / depreciation on their bodies, most likely to get injured and arguably it is one of the easier positions to grab a rookie to play as it is strongly based on instincts. However, Jacobs is making me question that strategy as the way he is playing he might just be that Marcus Allen / LaDanian Tomlinson back who is a cornerstone piece - his running style positively demoralizes opponents. With that having been said I would not give him anything longer than 3 years for all the reasons listed above.

I suppose the better question to ask Josh McDaniels is do you think Zamir White is the guy? Can he play to the same (or at least similar) level? As our offense currently is based on the Scissor-Paper-Stone style with Adams and Jacobs - load the box, Adams is getting the ball, hang in coverage and we will run the ball down your throat. I haven't seen enough of White to know if he can be that guy, and if he is not we need to draft another RB.