WEEK 13 Gameday Thread ---- Green Bay Packers (4-8) @ Chicago Bears (3-9) --- LOVE showcase game???

Striker

16 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

Hopefully Rodgers is healthy for this one! 

He won't be.  And I'm a Rodgers defender, but his hand won't be magically healing in 1 week, and likely not his ribs either.

But honestly I'm happy with shutting him down for this and even the rest of the season.  Playoff window is shut, and considering we will need him as healthy as possible if we need him next year, it's just not worth getting him sandwiched out there behind this awful OL of ours.

And we need to see Love get meaningful playing time now to see if he's the guy or if we need to go another direction.

19 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Does Jordan Love beat the Bears this Sunday and give us the all-time lead in wins in the NFL? 

It is AR's job to get the all-time lead, the final crowning achievement of his career. It will be Love's job will be to build on it.   

• Like 1

It would be malpractice bordering on cruelty to send a guy out there with a broken thumb and painful ribs to get beat up in what is essentially a meaningless game, especially when MLF has a healthy and apparently somewhat talented sub waiting in the wings and in need of game experience. So of course Rodgers will start. 

• Like 3

QB1 is going to start if healthy. CHI defense will not be looking to take it easy on him if he goes but that’s just part of the deal. For the bigger picture, I would rather see Love start and he will likely get a chance this season. For this game, I just want the W and I’ll take it any way that it needs to happen. 

On 11/29/2022 at 9:22 AM, Mr. Fussnputz said:

It would be malpractice bordering on cruelty to send a guy out there with a broken thumb and painful ribs to get beat up in what is essentially a meaningless game, especially when MLF has a healthy and apparently somewhat talented sub waiting in the wings and in need of game experience. So of course Rodgers will start. 

Unfortunately, Rodgers' ego won't allow that.

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

It's generally a partnership.  Name me a SINGLE HC that would bench Aaron Rodgers.  I can't think of a single one.

You want players that want to be on the field.   If the best decision for the team is for the player not to play, then that is a coaching decision.

If the player is "able" to play and sits out he rightfully gets criticized.   It's the players job to be a warrior.  It's the coaches job to make playing time decisions.  If AR sat out when people like you deemed him able to play you would be on the same board complaining about the $50 million dollar man not giving his all to the team.

So yes - It was simply a cheap shot.

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

You want players that want to be on the field.   If the best decision for the team is for the player not to play, then that is a coaching decision.

If the player is "able" to play and sits out he rightfully gets criticized.   It's the players job to be a warrior.  It's the coaches job to make playing time decisions.  If AR sat out when people like you deemed him able to play you would be on the same board complaining about the $50 million dollar man not giving his all to the team.

So yes - It was simply a cheap shot.

The Packers are all but officially eliminated from the playoffs at this point.  It should be Jordan Love's team right now.  It won't be until they're officially eliminated.

But you still didn't answer the question I posed.  Which HC would bench Aaron Rodgers?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The Packers are all but officially eliminated from the playoffs at this point.  It should be Jordan Love's team right now.  It won't be until they're officially eliminated.

But you still didn't answer the question I posed.  Which HC would bench Aaron Rodgers?

That has nothing to do with it.  Based on your statement then every team would be starting him at QB this week.

You criticized AR for doing what every team wants their players to do.  Suit up if at all possible.   There have been numerous times where the team sat the player, including QB's, "for his own good."   The player gets accolades for being a team guy.

You are finding a way to criticize Rodgers where it is undeserved.   You are absolving Gute and MFL from making the decision that is theirs to make.

If you want to criticize someone for playing AR then it has to be on MLF and Gute.    You blaming Rodgers makes absolutely zero sense and is taking a cheap shot where one is not deserved.

Not sure what is so hard to understand about the situation.