WEEK 13 Gameday Thread ---- Green Bay Packers (4-8) @ Chicago Bears (3-9) --- LOVE showcase game???

Striker

20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Let’s just give Love a blanket lifetime contract at 10% of the cap, twenty million guaranteed if cut, retired or traded, performance escalators in the form of bonuses.

I'm in if we define, 'lifetime!' Let's not get into Jordan Love Day like Bobby Bonilla Day with the Mets. 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I would venture a guess that 32 out of 32 HC/GMs would be starting Aaron Rodgers over Jordan Love.  The only ones that might start Jordan Love over Aaron Rodgers would be teams who are either pretty much officially eliminated (i.e. Houston) or teams that are probably more interested in next year (i.e. Carolina).  I'm not criticizing Rodgers.  I'm not sure where you're getting that notion.  Nor am I criticizing LaFleur/Gute for doing what 31 other franchises would do.  Just like I didn't think that any GM/HC would trade Rodgers last offseason.

O

Unfortunately, Rodgers' ego won't allow that.

The above isn't criticism?  For doing something teams want their players to do?

If Love proves to be a viable candidate and they can get him to stick around with incentives while keeping Rodgers as long as they can, thats a huge feather in the Packers cap.  A lot has to happen to do that but that would be cool.  

What if they pass on the 5th year option and Love tears his ACL next training camp?  A lot can happen.  

Edited by NFLGURU

12 minutes ago, hitnhope said:
  O

The above isn't criticism?  For doing something teams want their players to do?

What are you picking on me for? I never said anything about Rodgers' ego. All I inferred was that a healthy Love gave us a better chance than a beat up Rodgers. And according to Darrius Slay, Love is a pretty darned good QB. That's the argument: Does a healthy Love give us a better chance to win than Rodgers with a broken thumb and damaged ribs? I go with Love. In the cold the thumb will be an issue with gripping the ball. And bruised ribs can be extremely painful. Rodgers has taken a pretty good beating this season behind a so-so O-line. Love is fresh, healthy, and defenses don't have a tendency chart on him. 

The game is for all intent and purposes meanness as far as playoffs, but it would be nice to get the all time win record. And it is the Bears! Always want to beat the Bears. And for the record, I'm not on "Team Tank." Draft choices are too big of a crap shoot to tank for a higher one. See Mandarich, Tony. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

What are you picking on me for? I never said anything about Rodgers' ego. All I inferred was that a healthy Love gave us a better chance than a beat up Rodgers. And according to Darrius Slay, Love is a pretty darned good QB. That's the argument: Does a healthy Love give us a better chance to win than Rodgers with a broken thumb and damaged ribs? I go with Love. In the cold the thumb will be an issue with gripping the ball. And bruised ribs can be extremely painful. Rodgers has taken a pretty good beating this season behind a so-so O-line. Love is fresh, healthy, and defenses don't have a tendency chart on him. 

The game is for all intent and purposes meanness as far as playoffs, but it would be nice to get the all time win record. And it is the Bears! Always want to beat the Bears. And for the record, I'm not on "Team Tank." Draft choices are too big of a crap shoot to tank for a higher one. See Mandarich, Tony. 

I made a mistake in the quote.  It was meant for CWOOD who claimed he wasn't criticizing Rodgers for wanting to play.  Sorry.

I have no problem with the idea that we should play Love.  It is on MLF to sit Rodgers.  It's not on Rodgers to volunteer.

Edited by hitnhope
  • Like 2

are there even any defensive players worth monitoring outside of the 1st rounders that have a shot at getting/earning PT next year?  Who might replace Amos and Savage?  Only Ford is playing, but tbh I don't think he looks the part so far.  2 Parts Raven Green 1 Part Whitehead.

9 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

are there even any defensive players worth monitoring outside of the 1st rounders that have a shot at getting/earning PT next year?  Who might replace Amos and Savage?  Only Ford is playing, but tbh I don't think he looks the part so far.  2 Parts Raven Green 1 Part Whitehead.

Look at Ford and Nixon, but I believe that both are UFAs.  I don't think either are prohibitive to re-sign, cost wise.  SJC if he ever gets healthy, I wouldn't mind giving him some looks.  If Jonathan Ford can get on the field, he is huge.  And the new guy Hollins looked fine against the Eagles.  

• Like 2

Recalling my chat with Gutey in London, when asking him about Love taking an extension to stick around he was very dismissive with words and body language. He said 'the kid wants to play now' and contractually having both Rodgers and Love under contract (not including rookie deal) is just not possible. 

If Love is the future in Green Bay, then either Rodgers retires or we have the stones to trade him with him wanting to be traded.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm sure Rodgers does want to be out there whether he's healthy or hobbled, and I don't blame him for that.  But if Matt LaFleur can't even manage to sit his QB when he's hurt, then he needs to be fired or resign today.  You either rule the locker room, or the inmates run the asylum and you become nothing more than a figurehead, and that shouldn't be tolerated here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I'm sure Rodgers does want to be out there whether he's healthy or hobbled, and I don't blame him for that.  But if Matt LaFleur can't even manage to sit his QB when he's hurt, then he needs to be fired or resign today.  You either rule the locker room, or the inmates run the asylum and you become nothing more than a figurehead, and that shouldn't be tolerated here.

Issue is that he's hurt not injured, and there's a difference.  Locker room thinks the 2x MVP should be playing if they are playing to win.  I don't think there's any question that's the sentiment among the team.  Now, that doesn't matter if you overrule them and start Love anyway, but that could be the start of a long string of issues.

I say to Rodgers you're the starter until we're eliminated.  Then we are playing Love, and we'll try to deal you to the Jets in the offseason.  Hopefully we lose one soon.  I think that's a plan that works.

Now, in reality, the Packers will go again next year with Rodgers and have a largely similar result, MLF and Gute will be out, and we will also lose Love.  So that's cool too.

Edited by skibrett15