WEEK 13 Gameday Thread ---- Green Bay Packers (4-8) @ Chicago Bears (3-9) --- LOVE showcase game???

Striker

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I agree.  He needs more snaps.  I don't agree totally with what you said above, though.

First rep.  Doesn't know where to line up.  Late off of the snap.  Wasn't in his stance.  Didn't come out low, and if you want to say he make Fields move off of the spot, I'm a "maybe" on that.  He was pushed to the ground and Fields just slid left.  So maybe Fields just went left?  End of the day, to me it was a strange rep.  Started bad and finished with him on the ground.  And if you want to say he made Fields move?  I can give you that.  But it is tough tackling a QB when you are being knocked down and a little backwards.

Second rep.  I'm just going to call this the Slaton rep.  He's the one that gets an edge or shoulder quick and turns into he QB.  I did like the spin from Wyatt.  And I did like the power he showed.

Third rep. Interesting rep to me.  Run play and he was turned outside kindda easily.  If his responsibility on that play is to hold the edge?  He did a good job.  If it isn't?  Well.....  And to be fair, I have no idea what his responsibility was to be on that play.   Looked to me like the LB came into the hole and he too was turned outside.  Maybe chalk that one up to both guy getting run blocked well.

Fourth rep.  This is the most interesting one to me.  God, I freaking LOVE trap plays!  The key on the DL on the traps is to not get your shoulders turned.  Stay wide to the LOS.  And Wyatt?  Probably has been trapped a lot.  He didn't stay square, but, he did feel the trap coming enough to turn back into the play and ruin the run.

If there is a rep there that gets me excited, it's the last one.  It shows his talent.  Quickness and recognition.  That trap came quick.  He felt it enough to get into the play and make the stop.

None of the backers or his mates are communicating with him, makes it tough, DEAN ISNT IN HIS STANCE OR LINED UP EITHER. Don't you think Dean should be able to make that line call? This is less on Wyatt than youre trying to make it seem. Late off the snap and is still engaged a full half second before Dean. Fields doesnt just slide left, he steps up and to his right looking for the second window throw behind quay, sees wyatt cross his face he rolls backwards and out. the play starts at the 24 he ends up going down at the 17.  Wyatt absolutely got into the pocket, thats a pressure, whatever you want to believe.

Third rep is absolutely the least interesting rep, its a backside run play, he knows he has Campbell crashing on the A. his only responsibility is B gap and after he feels pressure to fight back against it, but with Campbell crashing said A gap theres no where to fight back to anyways.

The key is to squeeze the slip and defeat upfield shoulder but sure thats a way to do it. After he whiffs on his lean all bets are off and he's just trying to survive, luckily Teven whiffs.. he should be buried.

Edited by HighCalebR

7 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

None of the backers or his mates are communicating with him, makes it tough, DEAN ISNT IN HIS STANCE OR LINED UP EITHER. Don't you think Dean should be able to make that line call? This is less on Wyatt than youre trying to make it seem. Late off the snap and is still engaged a full half second before Dean. Fields doesnt just slide left, he steps up and to his right looking for the second window throw behind quay, sees wyatt cross his face he rolls backwards and out. the play starts at the 24 he ends up going down at the 17.  Wyatt absolutely got into the pocket, thats a pressure, whatever you want to believe.

Third rep is absolutely the least interesting rep, its a backside run play, he knows he has Campbell crashing on the A. his only responsibility is B gap and after he feels pressure to fight back against it, but with Campbell crashing said A gap theres no where to fight back to anyways.

The key is to squeeze the slip and defeat upfield shoulder but sure thats a way to do it. After he whiffs on his lean all bets are off and he's just trying to survive, luckily Teven whiffs.. he should be buried.

Looked to me like he and Dean were yelling at each other.  Without knowing the context of what was going on, I can't tell you who was in the "right".  But...if I were a betting man, Dean was trying to tell him how to line up.  Veteran probably knew and was trying to help him out.

But again, if you want to call that one play a pressure, that's fine.  End of the day, Wyatt ends up on the ground, though and was never in a spot to tackle Fields.

Yah, third rep is boring.  But it was a W for the offensive line.  They turned both Campbell and Wyatt away from the play.

I'm not ripping on the kid.  His reps were fine.  He deserves more.  No doubt.  I get the most "feel" for Wyatt on that run/trap play.  He felt it quick and shut it down.  And...the really great part about that one to me is that the pulling lineman had the angle on him.  It should have been a very easy block to make.  And Wyatt flat out closed the gap down before the lineman could get there, and the lineman was coming fast.  Very quick play for such a large man.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Looked to me like he and Dean were yelling at each other.  Without knowing the context of what was going on, I can't tell you who was in the "right".  But...if I were a betting man, Dean was trying to tell him how to line up.  Veteran probably knew and was trying to help him out.

But again, if you want to call that one play a pressure, that's fine.  End of the day, Wyatt ends up on the ground, though and was never in a spot to tackle Fields.

Yah, third rep is boring.  But it was a W for the offensive line.  They turned both Campbell and Wyatt away from the play.

I'm not ripping on the kid.  His reps were fine.  He deserves more.  No doubt.  I get the most "feel" for Wyatt on that run/trap play.  He felt it quick and shut it down.  And...the really great part about that one to me is that the pulling lineman had the angle on him.  It should have been a very easy block to make.  And Wyatt flat out closed the gap down before the lineman could get there, and the lineman was coming fast.  Very quick play for such a large man.

Lololol k.

Really doesn't matter if he's in his stance or not, pretty irrelevant on a clear sub package rush rep. He moves the QB off his spot on a 3 man rush, big win for the D. Barry clearly is saying "Beat us deep with your **** receivers and inaccurate QB" and they do, tip your cap and move on to the next play. Wyatt gets a plus grade on the play for sure. As he also does on play 4. The other two are just your average neither pro nor con rep. He was there.

51 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Really doesn't matter if he's in his stance or not, pretty irrelevant on a clear sub package rush rep. He moves the QB off his spot on a 3 man rush, big win for the D. Barry clearly is saying "Beat us deep with your **** receivers and inaccurate QB" and they do, tip your cap and move on to the next play. Wyatt gets a plus grade on the play for sure. As he also does on play 4. The other two are just your average neither pro nor con rep. He was there.

I loved his rep 4.  To me his quickness really showed up as did his intelligence.

No reason not to give that kid a lot more reps.

There is that one rep in there, maybe it is 2 or 3, Slaton looked really good too.  

I'd like to see him with more reps too.

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I loved his rep 4.  To me his quickness really showed up as did his intelligence.

No reason not to give that kid a lot more reps.

There is that one rep in there, maybe it is 2 or 3, Slaton looked really good too.  

I'd like to see him with more reps too.

Slaton will start next year with Wyatt. I don't see them bringing back Reed or Lowry when Lazard, Jenkins, Ford, Nixon would all come above them for priority. Unless one of them wants to come back for the famous "vet min."

4 hours ago, Sandy said:

Those were his only consecutive plays, so hardly cherry-picked.

To @vegas492's credit, he was a bit slow off the snap, but I saw a lot of bull-in-china-shop. But he gave the olinemen a handful. This is exactly the kind of player who needs live reps to figure out the finer elements of the game.

How dare he Cherry picked almost half of 9 whole snaps lol 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Slaton will start next year with Wyatt. I don't see them bringing back Reed or Lowry when Lazard, Jenkins, Ford, Nixon would all come above them for priority. Unless one of them wants to come back for the famous "vet min."

Keeping Clark too, right?  

Then we still have Ford out there.  Wouldn't shock me if we brought back Reed at a lower deal or another guy like him.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Keeping Clark too, right?  

Then we still have Ford out there.  Wouldn't shock me if we brought back Reed at a lower deal or another guy like him.

Yeah, we'll have Clark, Slaton, Wyatt, Ford, Heflin, Slayton when the season ends. I expect to add another rookie there and call it a day. Maybe try to bring back Reed if Rodgers returns.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah, we'll have Clark, Slaton, Wyatt, Ford, Heflin, Slayton when the season ends. I expect to add another rookie there and call it a day. Maybe try to bring back Reed if Rodgers returns.

Lemme throw this at you.

If that is our returning DL...and if we assume that we will bring back Preston, Gary and Engbare at EDGE....

You taking an IDL or EDGE with our first pick, assuming that both an equally graded EDGE and IDL are there when we pick.

Which position do you feel is more important?  (I lean EDGE, but that is only because our recent schemes don't offer much help/impact from the DL position. )

Just now, vegas492 said:

Lemme throw this at you.

If that is our returning DL...and if we assume that we will bring back Preston, Gary and Engbare at EDGE....

You taking an IDL or EDGE with our first pick, assuming that both an equally graded EDGE and IDL are there when we pick.

Which position do you feel is more important?  (I lean EDGE, but that is only because our recent schemes don't offer much help/impact from the DL position. )

EDGE. You invested in Wyatt, sink or swim with him starting.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

EDGE. You invested in Wyatt, sink or swim with him starting.

Consensus was that Rookie DL don't perform their rookie year all that well, but that Wyatt might have a chance because he's "older" or whatnot.  Clearly the coaches didn't agree enough to give him that shot.  Next year we need to see what's up.

• Like 1