Week 13 - Texans v THAT guy

ET80

It would have been so nice to win this game. It’s a shame the offense is just atrocious and hard to watch, they can’t ever help the defense out. Kyle Allen is so bad it makes me miss Mills which says a lot. I think it’s time they let Pep go or at least have someone else call plays. 

• Like 2

In terms of moral victories - I guess it’s impressive that our defense didn’t completely keel over to Chubb and Amari Cooper. That offense looked very rusty with him at the helm and while he should improve, he’s not always going to get to play the 32nd ranked defense.

Only takeaway I have is this: This team has a lot of needs. Number one on that list (by a large margin) is QB. It doesn’t matter what you do at OL, RB, WR, defense - if you’re trotting out QBs such as Davis Mills and Kyle Allen, you’re going to lose a lot of football games.

What this team does at QB will dictate the next iteration of the Texans. QB play such as this ruins a franchise. Draft one high or bring a good one in via FA, but THIS? This will lead to a complete meltdown of this franchise.

7 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Just got back from the game.  This game could have gone differently had Pep not been an idiot and gave the ball to Pierce on the 3rd yard line.

Further proof this team needs a brand new coaching staff - everyone saw Pierce was getting 3 yards by stumbling forward on command, so what’s the play call? Play fake and throw to a guy who doesn’t catch the ball often.

Pep is a career QB coach - anything above that is failure on his part.

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

Just got back from the game.  This game could have gone differently had Pep not been an idiot and gave the ball to Pierce on the 3rd yard line.

Yeah, not sure what he was thinking when you guys were running at will at that point. Not to mention Allen was horrible and it didn't make sense to maybe try to fool our defense by trying to pass the ball. Seriously, how bad was Mills that Allen got the nod over him? He surely helps with your efforts to secure the #1 pick, but he was lucky he only threw two INTs when he threw so many passes that could have been picked off.

Anyway, I said leading up to the game that I legit thought you guys would win. And for a good portion of the first half, it looked like I was going to be right. But our defense and ST very surprisingly bailed us out.

Get a new coaching staff and land Young or Stroud in the draft, and things could turn around quickly for you guys.

• Like 1