Playoff (Umm…DRAFT PICK) Picture Thread 2022

e16bball

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

This is starting to feel like that win and your in season where we lost to the Giants when they had nothing to play for. 2016 I believe

And, a missed FG by DHop in 2016 was the reason we tied the Cincy game in London also.

Last year was a win & you’re likely in season too. Last year we lost to Dallas at home, then we got a lot of injuries & Covid hit us hard in the 1st Phila game & 2nd Dallas game. Then, season over.

Some things seem to be breaking our way this year. For ex:

1. I was for sure in the 3rd Q & mid way through the 4th that yesterday’s game was going to be a loss, so I’ll take the tie.

2. Jimmy G broke his foot which should make the 49ers game more winnable even if it’s still going to be hard to win. 

3. DeShaun Watson looks as rusty as can be for when we play Cleveland, so that may be more winnable than I originally thought.

4. I think the only way Dallas plus their starters for more than a half in week 18 is if the division/#1 seed are on the line vs Phila. So, hopefully by week 18, Phila has locked up the Division.

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

🤞 crossed we get a primetime game vs Giants.

Heinicke usually plays his best, when the lights are brightest.

We will know by tonight.

I just heard on JP & Finlay that the 12/18 game vs the Giants will be flexed to Sunday Night!

Should be exciting! Hopefully Heinicke & the D can deliver a Dub!

• Like 1

While I don't root for injuries like some people here. The 49ers QB situation has made things interesting. I saw them running away with the division. Now who knows, do they stay on top, can they hang on to a wildcard, could they lose out? Plus both our teams should also be keeping an eye out for the Lions and of course the Seahawks.

I'll save the Giants vs Commanders stuff for other sections on this board after a week or so.

You can't ask for better timing for a bye week. 

Go on win streak & win 6 of 7. Then we have a tie. Then bye week with same team we tied looming.

Not to mention injuries from guys trying to heal.

Chase Young with an extra week of practice & healing.

Heinicke took a beating. I bet he needs to rest.

Defense can heal & rest up.

Maybe get St. Juste back as well. Maybe Holcomb.

4 games to go, guys. This Giants game is now Sunday Night, so we get to show the world what we are made of.

Win this game & the Playoffs becomes a possible reality. 

I would love for us to finish strong & win out. That would be great. Go 11-5-1

But making the Playoffs is all that matters now, regardless of record.

I know this team can do it. They're pumped & pissed. I really love this team.

They're playing so well, announcers are stumbling with our name & calling us "Redskins". 😁

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 1

I was really hoping that the rams would have held on to that lead and beat the Seahawks. That would have been huge for our playoff chances.

At the end of the day though, we need to be able to beat playoff caliber teams to make the playoffs. There is really no reason that we can not win our next 3 games and if we do that, we are most likely in. 

I am actually hoping that cowboys will not be resting when we play them, because again, what is the point of making the playoffs if we are saying that we can't beat one of the better teams in the NFC. If we can take care of the cowboys to make the playoffs, we can be a real threat once we are in.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I was really hoping that the rams would have held on to that lead and beat the Seahawks. That would have been huge for our playoff chances.

At the end of the day though, we need to be able to beat playoff caliber teams to make the playoffs. There is really no reason that we can not win our next 3 games and if we do that, we are most likely in. 

I am actually hoping that cowboys will not be resting when we play them, because again, what is the point of making the playoffs if we are saying that we can't beat one of the better teams in the NFC. If we can take care of the cowboys to make the playoffs, we can be a real threat once we are in.

Yeah, if we get to 10 wins with the tie being like a win w/ a team who has the same amount of wins I have to imagine there’s no way we aren’t in the playoffs.

Huge weekend of football, including tonight's Niners/Seahawks matchup.

So here's where we're at....

IF Niners beat Seattle tonight.....(giving Seattle 7 losses)

We beat Giants Sunday Night....(giving Giants 6 losses & Wash an 8th win)

Then we win 1 more game between Niners, Browns or Cowboys....( Giving us 9 wins)

And Giants & Seahawks lose 1 more game....? ( Giving Giants 7 losses & Seattle an 8th loss)

We would clinch a Playoff birth, no matter what Detroit does....

Keep that in mind.

So technically?

We could have a Playoff birth wrapped up, before we ever play the Browns. (Presuming we beat the Niners)