Playoff (Umm…DRAFT PICK) Picture Thread 2022

e16bball

Was really hoping (and continue to do so) that @Woz the Great and Powerful  would handle this beast of a topic. But we’ve got 5 games left in our season, and if said season was to end today, we’d be playing bonus football, so the issue must be addressed.

As of today’s date, we control our own destiny, so if we fail to lose out, we’d be playing bonus football. The odds are that we may fail to win one or more of the remaining games, though, so we’ll have to see where everyone else stands. 

Here are the things we “know.”

▪️ MIN is the only team basically fully locked into a division title. They’re going to be one of the top 4 seeds.

▪️ It’s an extreme longshot at this point that any other team from the NFCN makes the field.

▪️ One of SEA or SF seems overwhelmingly likely to win the NFCW. My money is on SF.

▪️ If SF does run away with the division, SEA seems likely to be a strong  contender for a wild card. 

▪️ It seems very unlikely that the NFCS puts more than one team in the field. 

▪️ That leaves the NFCE. All 4 are contenders, I consider PHI the most likely division champ still. 

In short, I think realistically the Wild Card race at the moment consists of 4 teams for the 3 spots. It’s possible that another team jumps up into that mix, but I’m just not sure who it could really be. Would have to be DET or TB/ATL, I suppose, as everyone else already has at least 8 losses. 

Here’s what those 4 teams have remaining in terms of schedule:

DAL: IND, HOU, @JAX, PHI, @TEN, @WAS (SOS = .508)

NYG: WAS, PHI, @WAS, @MIN, IND, @PHI (SOS = .701)

WAS: @NYG, BYE, NYG, @SF, CLE, DAL (SOS = .569)

SEA: @LAR, CAR, SF, @KC, NYJ, LAR (SOS = .493)

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 3

Bucs & Falcons both losing this week was crazy huge & bigger than most let on.

Why? Because A) I believe they still play each other one more time. Which means one of them will lose another game. Bucs have 6 losses & Falcons 7.

B)One of them has to win the Division for Playoff seeding. We now own the tiebreaker vs Atlanta. It actually might be better for the Bucs to win that Division for this reason.

Why is this important? Because if we want at least a 7th seed in the Playoffs?

It means we only need to keep up with the Niners, or Seahawks for that spot. 

So what am I saying?

I'm saying that even if we lost to the Giants both times & even the Cowboys finale, bringing our division record to 1-5 & 8 definite losses?

We basically could still get in by head-to-head wins over 49ers & Falcons regardless of our NFC Conference record, or Division record even at 9-8 or 8-9 overall records. Providing our records were equal.

Obviously, we don't want it to come to that. But just giving you an idea of the cushion we have.

I haven't looked at the numbers yet, but it's quite possible that we can also lock-in a playoff birth if we reach 9 or 10 wins also. Depending on what Bucs, Falcons, 49ers & Seahawks do the rest of the way.

You have no idea how big that Raiders win over Seattle was....

Either way, things are looking good & Washington is one of the hottest teams going now.

When I made the thread that Washington can play when anybody.

I meant it. 😁

Let's keep this rolling!

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

schedule:

DAL: IND, HOU, @JAX, PHI, @TEN, @WAS (SOS = .508)

NYG: WAS, PHI, @WAS, @MIN, IND, @PHI (SOS = .701)

WAS: @NYG, BYE, NYG, @SF, CLE, DAL (SOS = .569)

SEA: @LAR, CAR, SF, @KC, NYJ, LAR (SOS = .493)

1. I fell Dallas finishes the year 4-2 at worse & May even finish the year on a 6-0 streak. They’ve hit their stride on offense & their D is elite bc of their DL/Parsons.

Dallas finishes the year: 12-5 at worst IMO.

2. I feel the NYG lose to Dallas, split with us & Philly, beat Indy & lose to Minny. 

NYG finishes the year: 10-7, maybe 11-6 or 9-8 but most likely I think 10-7

3. I feel Seattle loses to SF, KC & NYJ.

Seattle finishes the year: 9-8 maybe 10-7

4. I feel WE split with the NYG, lose at SF, lose to CLE & lose to Dallas

Sorry guys, I have us finishing 8-9.

I just wonder if that happens if Heinicke will get crapped on as much as former QBs were for not getting it done in December when we controlled our own destiny to make the playoffs. My hunch is it’ll a 50/50 split amongst the fanbase on it as there always seems to be.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

1. I fell Dallas finishes the year 4-2 at worse & May even finish the year on a 6-0 streak. They’ve hit their stride on offense & their D is elite bc of their DL/Parsons.

Dallas finishes the year: 12-5 at worst IMO.

2. I feel the NYG lose to Dallas, split with us & Philly, beat Indy & lose to Minny. 

NYG finishes the year: 10-7, maybe 11-6 or 9-8 but most likely I think 10-7

3. I feel Seattle loses to SF, KC & NYJ.

Seattle finishes the year: 9-8 maybe 10-7

4. I feel WE split with the NYG, lose at SF, lose to CLE & lose to Dallas

Sorry guys, I have us finishing 8-9.

I just wonder if that happens if Heinicke will get crapped on as much as former QBs were for not getting it done in December when we controlled our own destiny to make the playoffs. My hunch is it’ll a 50/50 split amongst the fanbase on it as there always seems to be.

Heiny is fun but seems we're winning IN SPITE of him . I thought he was better last year. Not running near as much. Don't know if that's the plan or just what it is . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Heiny is fun but seems we're winning IN SPITE of him . I thought he was better last year. Not running near as much. Don't know if that's the plan or just what it is . 

In spite of Heinicke implies that our record would be better with Wentz, or Howell.

We were 2-4 with Wentz & from all reports I've heard, Sam Howell isn't ready.

People can complain all they want about Heinicke. The fact is, we're winning with him behind Center.

I would rather have a QB with limitations, provide spark, enthusiasm & the will to fight for all 60 minutes & the ability to win.

Than a QB with precision passing, cannon arm & the team not give a **** about winning while folding when the chips are on the table.

But that's just me...

Edited by aceinthehouse

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I think it’s definitely their plan to not have him run. They’ve coached it out of him so that he won’t get hurt. Their plan with him at QB is to play ground & pound while hoping Heinicke can make a few magic plays a game all while playing suffocating defense.

It’s worked the last 6 games, and even worked with Wentz at QB in our win at Chicago. I just don’t know if we can beat the Giants twice at their own game, or San Fran at their own game & Jimmy G is better than Heinicke. 

Flip a coin with CLE IMO, I’ve been watching them lately & they look like they’re better than us, but I don’t know if that dynamic changes when they go to DeShaun Watson instead of playing out the year with Jacoby Brissett who’s playing pretty well from what I can see.

46 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

In spite of Heinicke implies that our record would be better with Wentz, or Howell.

We were 2-4 with Wentz & from all reports I've heard, Sam Howell isn't ready.

People can complain all they want about Heinicke. The fact is, we're winning with him behind Center.

I would rather have a QB with limitations, provide spark, enthusiasm & the will to fight for all 60 minutes & the ability to win.

Than a QB with precision passing, cannon arm & the team not give a **** about winning while folding when the chips are on the table.

But that's just me...

I think everyone likes Heinicke & roots for him, people just aren’t sure how much this winning games in the low 20s or high teens over our opponent with a similar score can continue.

Maybe I’m wrong & we’ll beat the Giants twice, beat CLE or SF & have our recent at home week 18 vs the Cowboys but I just don’t feel it’s going to happen.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think it’s definitely their plan to not have him run. They’ve coached it out of him so that he won’t get hurt. Their plan with him at QB is to play ground & pound while hoping Heinicke can make a few magic plays a game all while playing suffocating defense.

It’s worked the last 6 games, and even worked with Wentz at QB in our win at Chicago. I just don’t know if we can beat the Giants twice at their own game, or San Fran at their own game & Jimmy G is better than Heinicke. 

Flip a coin with CLE IMO, I’ve been watching them lately & they look like they’re better than us, but I don’t know if that dynamic changes when they go to DeShaun Watson instead of playing out the year with Jacoby Brissett who’s playing pretty well from what I can see.

Yep it's working. I'll say one thing- he's hard to sack. Got rid of it twice yesterday when I thought he was in the bag !

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Yep it's working. I'll say one thing- he's hard to sack. Got rid of it twice yesterday when I thought he was in the bag !

And that fact is what really distinguished him from Wentz and allows us to play the kind of ball we want to. If Wentz could see the guys underneath and not take sacks.... he'd be a pretty good QB. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

And that fact is what really distinguished him from Wentz and allows us to play the kind of ball we want to. If Wentz could see the guys underneath and not take sacks.... he'd be a pretty good QB. 

I always say I wish we could combine the two. If Heinicke was 6’5 & had a strong arm he’d be a top 10 QB.

Guys in a few months we can worry about our future at qb.  I kind of think we should just accept and enjoy what Heinicke is for now.

Right now Heinicke is the best we got.  Like many (except ace) I wrote the team off 7 weeks ago and declared the season to be over with great confidence.  6-1 is the biggest run I can remember in many years.  It has been super fun.  Frankly, if we lose every game from here on out it will still have been an awesome moment.  

By the way 2 games in a row with zero sacks, when has that ever happened?

Personally I think we can sweep the giants and that is our path in.  I also think the cowboys will be resting their starters.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Guys in a few months we can worry about our future at qb.  I kind of think we should just accept and enjoy what Heinicke is for now.

Right now Heinicke is the best we got.  Like many (except ace) I wrote the team off 7 weeks ago and declared the season to be over with great confidence.  6-1 is the biggest run I can remember in many years.  It has been super fun.  Frankly, if we lose every game from here on out it will still have been an awesome moment.  

By the way 2 games in a row with zero sacks, when has that ever happened?

Personally I think we can sweep the giants and that is our path in.  I also think the cowboys will be resting their starters.

Once you make the Playoffs, anything can happen.

Did anyone actually think the 2007 Giants would beat the undefeated Patriots in the Superbowl?

But it happened.

• Like 1

2-0 vs Giants is the best path to take to the playoffs anything else and we will need help

And while I know it's our thing to feel like we have no shot if we make playoff a real schedule could look like
Round 1 vs Vikings a team we were up 14 on
Round 2 vs Eagles who we have beat
NFC Championship 49ers or Bucs who we matchup pretty well against in my view for a low scoring game
Anything could happen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

2-0 vs Giants is the best path to take to the playoffs anything else and we will need help

And while I know it's our thing to feel like we have no shot if we make playoff a real schedule could look like
Round 1 vs Vikings a team we were up 14 on
Round 2 vs Eagles who we have beat
NFC Championship 49ers or Bucs who we matchup pretty well against in my view for a low scoring game
Anything could happen

If this team continues to play inspiring football & rally behind Heinicke?

I think they can beat any team they face.

Don't crush me for saying this...

But this team, is the most SB caliber team we've had in the Snyder era.

Think about it....

We can run

We can pass

We finally have a D-front

We have a kicker

We have a Punter

We have WR's

Our Secondary is playing very well with ST. Juste, no Williams at all, Forrest back there, Cam back there, Fuller making plays, etc.

Even our LBers are playing real well & that was a glaring hole. Specially Jamin Davis.

The only thing that makes me nervous, is our O-line. Although they're holding up. No sacks allowed in 2 straight games.

I think Washington is a very dangerous opponent vs any team, imo.

• Like 1