Playoff (Umm…DRAFT PICK) Picture Thread 2022

e16bball

29 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Hope we lose so that we can have a better draft pick. Will be cheering for us to win, because screw the cowboys. Sam Howell starting and playing well would also make me feel better about a win. 

I hope Sam Howell throws for 300 yards & 3 TDs & we lose in a shootout. That seems like the perfect game at this point.

• Like 1

After last week's disaster versus Cleveland I have finally decided enough is enough. I am formally divorcing myself from the team. It's been over 30 years since our last NFC Conference Championship game and we have been cellar dwellers ever since. Since the end of Gibbs first term with the team and Snyder's despotic ownership this team has sucked! Until new ownership, new front office & new coaching staff take over and start winning games and draft a real starting QB (Please tell me why we went with Chase instead of moving down and trading for the QB that San Diego drafted, why we traded for Carson Wentz, why we drafted Haskins, why we traded all those picks for RG2...). I'm going to start rooting for three teams that lived in the gutter but have seemed to have turned it around (Jax, Detroit & Cincinnati). Good luck all. I believe we will have a very long wait to ever see another Super Bowl  Trophy for the Washington team.

19 minutes ago, Skinscavalier said:

After last week's disaster versus Cleveland I have finally decided enough is enough. I am formally divorcing myself from the team. It's been over 30 years since our last NFC Conference Championship game and we have been cellar dwellers ever since. Since the end of Gibbs first term with the team and Snyder's despotic ownership this team has sucked! Until new ownership, new front office & new coaching staff take over and start winning games and draft a real starting QB (Please tell me why we went with Chase instead of moving down and trading for the QB that San Diego drafted, why we traded for Carson Wentz, why we drafted Haskins, why we traded all those picks for RG2...). I'm going to start rooting for three teams that lived in the gutter but have seemed to have turned it around (Jax, Detroit & Cincinnati). Good luck all. I believe we will have a very long wait to ever see another Super Bowl  Trophy for the Washington team.

Hey man, as someone that had gone through almost the exact same personal dilemmas, I just want to say I support your decision. 

I hope that you will give consideration to coming back once/if* we get new owners and new staff. These past few years have been some of the most trying, but it is the only time that there every truly seemed like a light was visible at the end of the tunnel. 

HTTR Brother.

*If somehow the sale doesn't happen, I am right there with you. Snyder leaving is the only thing I am holding onto. 

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Hey man, as someone that had gone through almost the exact same personal dilemmas, I just want to say I support your decision. 

I hope that you will give consideration to coming back once/if* we get new owners and new staff. These past few years have been some of the most trying, but it is the only time that there every truly seemed like a light was visible at the end of the tunnel. 

HTTR Brother.

*If somehow the sale doesn't happen, I am right there with you. Snyder leaving is the only thing I am holding onto. 

If Snyder isn’t gone I’m taking a break. Not sure if I’ll find another team to root for but I’ll have to step away for awhile. And if he decides to just keep the team for good then I’ll be 100% out there door and working on finding a different team. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skinscavalier said:

I appreciate your honesty about it being a fair-weather, not winning type thing. 

People frown upon it — and that’s their right, too — but it’s totally reasonable to say “football is supposed to be fun, and it isn’t fun watching a team that always loses.” You shouldn’t really feel obligated to keep something in your life if it consistently brings you more anger and unhappiness than joy.

I walked away for a while, myself. I took Sean’s death really hard — I was 22 at the time, had just graduated college, and was kinda just lost in general. He was right around my age, and it brought home a lot of feelings about mortality and randomness and life being fleeting. I was sad (about ST and much more in life) and angry (about ST and much more in life), and I found that football and the Redskins just didn’t make me happy anymore.

It was RGIII that brought me back into the fold. I still have a big framed version of that picture where he’s sitting on the floor of the SuperDome with his arms raised, watching Garcon take the ball to the house. Everything about his game was sort of fun and novel and exciting, and I bought in. I got hopeful and invested again. The evening he got hurt against the Seahawks, I just came home and went straight to bed, because deep down I knew what it meant. It was painful watching him after that, and all the joy was gone. 

I missed most of the mid-2010s. I didn’t go for another team, I don’t think I could really do that. But I just checked out on football as a whole. I’d watch the Redskins, sometimes, but I never really cared that much again. I guess maybe I still don’t. Like everyone here, in my heart of hearts, I knew it was hopeless with Snyder. And the last few years, the name change and the awful re-brand and all the allegations coming out, one on top of the next — it’s just been the real life equivalent of that GIF of the guy whacking the dead horse with the stick.

I will say, I do find it a little odd to give up the ghost now. When we’ve made it through a quarter-century of despotic Snyder, as you put it. The only light that matters is finally at the end of the tunnel: the one that means we might actually escape from this guy’s clutches. You’ve sat through all that awfulness, and your breaking point is right when Snyder might actually be gone? Personally, I’m much more committed today to the idea of one day being hopeful again than I have been for well over a decade. We’re getting awfully close to celebrating the day we weren’t sure would pre-date all of our funerals. So I’m hanging on a while longer. And a big part of that is this place and these people, because that is the part that actually brings me enjoyment. Much more than those clowns in the actual organization.

But if there’s no joy in it, and it’s stealing from your life to root for these losers, do what makes you happiest. Go enjoy pulling for those other teams, and I hope it brings what you’ve been missing. 

• Like 2

On 1/3/2023 at 12:33 PM, Skinscavalier said:

I hope you watched today/come back bc Sam Howell was worth the watch. He was very exciting. The WRs loved his live arm & Sam ran for some first downs & a TD too.