Playoff (Umm…DRAFT PICK) Picture Thread 2022

e16bball

10 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

We can pass

Eh...

Heinicke's average yards per game is 183 yards per game (sack adjusted). That isn't hanging in the playoffs. We need to be dominant in the run game and on defense.

GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG YDS/G LNG TD INT SACK SYL RTG
Wentz    6 144 232 62.1 1,489 6.4 248.2 75 10 6 23 140 84.1
Heinicke 6 104 171 60.8 1,169 6.8 194.8 49 7 5 9 72 82.7
12 248 403 61.5 2,658 6.6 221.5 75 17 11 32 212 83.5

Passing Statistics

WAS Offense Value (rank)    
Pass Play % 54.38% (#22)    
Completion % 61.54% (#28)    
Yards/Pass 6.1 (#27)    
Passes/Game 33.6 (#17)    
Pass Yards/Game 203.8 (#23)    
Int Thrown % 2.73% (#25)    
QB Sacked % 7.36% (#20)    

35 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Eh...

Heinicke's average yards per game is 183 yards per game (sack adjusted). That isn't hanging in the playoffs. We need to be dominant in the run game and on defense.

GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG YDS/G LNG TD INT SACK SYL RTG
Wentz    6 144 232 62.1 1,489 6.4 248.2 75 10 6 23 140 84.1
Heinicke 6 104 171 60.8 1,169 6.8 194.8 49 7 5 9 72 82.7
12 248 403 61.5 2,658 6.6 221.5 75 17 11 32 212 83.5

Passing Statistics

WAS Offense Value (rank)    
Pass Play % 54.38% (#22)    
Completion % 61.54% (#28)    
Yards/Pass 6.1 (#27)    
Passes/Game 33.6 (#17)    
Pass Yards/Game 203.8 (#23)    
Int Thrown % 2.73% (#25)    
QB Sacked % 7.36% (#20)    

I give you Jimmy Garapolo in the playoffs:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GaroJi00.htm

2019: 3 gms, 64%, 142 ypg, 2 TDs, 3 ints, 75.9 rtg

2021: 3 gms, 58%, 178 ypg, 2 TDs, 3 ints, 72.7 rtg

Edited by turtle28

The game-plan is a heavy, heavy dose of running, but they are also getting the ball to Scary Terry more…….like double the amount of targets.  Now that playaction actually works, you can get him and Samuel the ball in space, and let them do their thing.  With the defense playing like they are, it’s a recipe to beat the teams you should beat, and hold your own and give you a puncher’s chance against teams that are better than you.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I give you Jimmy Garapolo in the playoffs:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GaroJi00.htm

2019: 3 gms, 64%, 142 ypg, 2 TDs, 3 ints, 75.9 rtg

2021: 3 gms, 58%, 178 ypg, 2 TDs, 3 ints, 72.7 rtg

Bengals last season in the playoffs were 225, 343, 236, 226 (sack adjusted). So one outlier, and then not that much more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Bengals last season in the playoffs were 225, 343, 236, 226 (sack adjusted). So one outlier, and then not that much more.

Titans do something similar as well w/ Tanehill bc they have Henry & currently they’re one of the best teams in the AFC.

40 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

Serious  question 

what’s everyone’s expectations this year 

cause I think this teams closer to being contenders than we think .

Think about this for a second. If Washington beats the Giants at least once, the 49ers & Dallas in the finale?

It's very possible, that every team in the Playoff field minus Minnesota, have lost to Washington during the regular season.

NFC East= Defeated Eagles(division winner), if they beat Cowboys (WC)& if they beat Giants(WC)

NFC North= Lost to Vikings (Should have won that game)

NFC South= Beat Falcons (if they win Division)

NFC West= If the beat 49ers & they win Division.

So yes, this team could go far in the Playoffs.

3 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Think about this for a second. If Washington beats the Giants at least once, the 49ers & Dallas in the finale?

It's very possible, that every team in the Playoff field minus Minnesota, have lost to Washington during the regular season.

NFC East= Defeated Eagles(division winner), if they beat Cowboys (WC)& if they beat Giants(WC)

NFC North= Lost to Vikings (Should have won that game)

NFC South= Beat Falcons (if they win Division)

NFC West= If the beat 49ers & they win Division.

So yes, this team could go far in the Playoffs.

I love the optimism. 

However, if we make the postseason, we will be one and done. If a team can stop the run consistently against us and score for that 20 points, they will beat us easily. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 11:58 AM, turtle28 said:

Titans do something similar as well w/ Tanehill bc they have Henry & currently they’re one of the best teams in the AFC.

Oh Turtle, your real optimism shines.... I knew your 1-4 prediction for us to close the season out wasn't how you really felt!

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

Oh Turtle, your real optimism shines.... I knew your 1-4 prediction for us to close the season out wasn't how you really felt!

Nah, it’s actually how I feel. Eventually the Heinicke horseshoe has got to unravel & I’m very worried it will happen down the stretch like it did last year. I know Heinicke got Covid vs Dallas at home, as did a lot of the team & he missed the Eagles game in Phila & a lot of the team did as well.

I would just point out when Heinicke came back & we played at Dallas he was as awful that game as he was in the first Dallas game at home. In both of those games Rivera eventually put Kyle Allen in to finish the game & Kyle Allen played better than Heinicke had for the first half & into part of the 3rd quarter.

Then, in week 17 at home vs the Eagles last year Heinicke threw an int when we were entering the red-zone w/ 30 seconds left in the game, we get a TD there & we probably win that game.

Two chances there to improve our record & solidify our 2nd playoffs appearance in as many years with a 9-8 or 10-7 record. Heinicke failed though. I am fearful the seams thing happens this December.

As for the post before, I was just pointing teams that play the way we do & they’re successful but, in each case I’d say their QB play is better or at least they have an NFL arm which sadly Taylor doesn’t.

Edited by turtle28

On 12/1/2022 at 11:42 AM, IHatesnyder said:

Serious  question 

what’s everyone’s expectations this year 

cause I think this teams closer to being contenders than we think .

No expectations. Had none to start the season. Have none now.

The problem is two fold. First, Heinicke is everything you want in a franchise QB. Except his arm sucks. At his best, he's Mark Brunell. And thats simply not going to cut it in today's NFL.

Which leads me to the second part of the problem: The offensive line is not nearly dominant to be reliant on the running game. Rivera is committed, but its ugly. And Turner cant scheme up well enough to hide the O line.

But ... I've watched more Washington football the last three weeks than in the 20 preceding games. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slateman said:

No expectations. Had none to start the season. Have none now.

The problem is two fold. First, Heinicke is everything you want in a franchise QB. Except his arm sucks. At his best, he's Mark Brunell. And thats simply not going to cut it in today's NFL.

Which leads me to the second part of the problem: The offensive line is not nearly dominant to be reliant on the running game. Rivera is committed, but its ugly. And Turner cant scheme up well enough to hide the O line.

But ... I've watched more Washington football the last three weeks than in the 20 preceding games. 

If TH can step up we can go to the nfcc . That’s my expectations just based on how we are playing , let’s look what we’ve been doing .

- good defense ( best DL in nfl)

-good run game 

- good special teams 

- good kicker 

-Controlling the clock 

OL has improved of the weeks but if TH can step up more we can go far . Right now we are lacking passing and big plays and need to stop turning it over 1 or 2 times a game . TH needs to run more if he can it seems this year he has stopped .

Edited by IHatesnyder