Playoff (Umm…DRAFT PICK) Picture Thread 2022

e16bball

I wanted to make the playoffs as much as the next guy... but I think it's a good thing we did not. Making the playoffs could've convinced people that this is a better team and regime than it really is. Moving on from Wentz is an absolute must. Moving on from our coordinators is an absolute must. Even our defense is not elite as many had thought (an elite defense doesn't allow the browns to do what they did in the second half). Personnel wise, I do believe that we are a year or two from being a serious competitor, but it will not happen with this regime. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I wanted to make the playoffs as much as the next guy... but I think it's a good thing we did not. Making the playoffs could've convinced people that this is a better team and regime than it really is. Moving on from Wentz is an absolute must. Moving on from our coordinators is an absolute must. Even our defense is not elite as many had thought (an elite defense doesn't allow the browns to do what they did in the second half). Personnel wise, I do believe that we are a year or two from being a serious competitor, but it will not happen with this regime. 

I wanted the Playoffs as much as any fan.

But failure to do so & in collapse fashion probably did more for us, than not.

1)Snyder won't be tempted to keep team.

2)We know we should move on from Wentz.

3)We know the new owner will most likely clean house & fire everybody, instead of keeping someone because of potential. ( Because Rivera, JDR & everyone else should be gone)

4)We might see what we have in the young kid Sam Howell, even if for just 1 game vs Cowboys.

14 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

The only place I’d disagree a little is we were missing Curl, Holcomb & Juice on D. You put those players on our D  I think we’re a top 10 D for sure.

But, the rest I agree with. What sucks is that Snyder isn’t going to fire Ron & have to pay him, the assistants & all of Ron’s front office brown noses $30 mil or whatever.

Ron & his motley crew won’t be fired until after the ownership goes through which may not be for 3-6 months. 

The new owner might not want to deal with hiring a new front office & HC this March or whenever. I think we’ll be stuck with Rivera for one more year.

12 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I wanted the Playoffs as much as any fan.

But failure to do so & in collapse fashion probably did more for us, than not.

1)Snyder won't be tempted to keep team.

2)We know we should move on from Wentz.

3)We know the new owner will most likely clean house & fire everybody, instead of keeping someone because of potential. ( Because Rivera, JDR & everyone else should be gone)

4)We might see what we have in the young kid Sam Howell, even if for just 1 game vs Cowboys.

5. We’ll have a higher draft pick 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I still want to beat Dallas.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I still want to beat Dallas.

Nah I'll pass. Send the loser Snyder on out with a loss and get a higher draft choice. Winning doesn't help this franchise. However I do understand as a fan why you'd want to win and I don't begrudge you because of it. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Nah I'll pass. Send the loser Snyder on out with a loss and get a higher draft choice. Winning doesn't help this franchise. However I do understand as a fan why you'd want to win and I don't begrudge you because of it. 

I understand all the rational thinking, but screw Dallas.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

17 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I understand all the rational thinking, but screw Dallas.

You're both right lol

• Like 3