Playoff (Umm…DRAFT PICK) Picture Thread 2022

e16bball

On 1/10/2023 at 9:49 AM, Scott Land said:

If Fields becomes available, what are the thoughts about trading for him?

As was mentioned by others, cost would be a factor here. Simply because he’s already used up two of the very valuable “cheap” years on his rookie contract, so his overall value has to be adjusted for that. 

But I would absolutely do it for a manageable price. 

He’s obviously an elite, elite runner. I can’t imagine anyone is arguing that — he just ran for more yards in a season than any QB not named Lamar Jackson. And while it obviously was a relatively limited passing game, he put up a 92.2 passer rating in his last 11 games. Which he did despite having a pretty weak OL and maybe the worst weapons in the NFL. Almost certainly the worst weapons in the NFL, actually. 

We have this idea now that QBs should come out of the box fully formed and ready to go. Spoiled by instant success with some of these guys — but most of those guys were the ones who walked into good situations, not the absolute train wreck of an offense Fields. Physical talent is off the charts, the intangibles were always supposedly there, and the production has already been decent given the limitations around him. 

We’re not getting a better talent at 16 in this draft, I’m pretty sure of that. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, e16bball said:

As was mentioned by others, cost would be a factor here. Simply because he’s already used up two of the very valuable “cheap” years on his rookie contract, so his overall value has to be adjusted for that. 

But I would absolutely do it for a manageable price. 

He’s obviously an elite, elite runner. I can’t imagine anyone is arguing that — he just ran for more yards in a season than any QB not named Lamar Jackson. And while it obviously was a relatively limited passing game, he put up a 92.2 passer rating in his last 11 games. Which he did despite having a pretty weak OL and maybe the worst weapons in the NFL. Almost certainly the worst weapons in the NFL, actually. 

We have this idea now that QBs should come out of the box fully formed and ready to go. Spoiled by instant success with some of these guys — but most of those guys were the ones who walked into good situations, not the absolute train wreck of an offense Fields. Physical talent is off the charts, the intangibles were always supposedly there, and the production has already been decent given the limitations around him. 

We’re not getting a better talent at 16 in this draft, I’m pretty sure of that. 

This is where I am at quite frankly. If I were Ron, I'd call the bears and give them #16, #147, next years second as well as some offensive manpower such as: Curtis Samuel and Antonio Gibson. All this for Fields.

Edited by Troublez

On 1/8/2023 at 10:33 PM, lavar703 said:

16 is a good spot in this draft. It doesn’t seem to have a ton of elite talent and 16 is probably a prime trade back spot for a team looking to come up for a corner. Maybe drop back a few spots and pick up another third. 

It depends who’s available at 16, but I’m not opposed to trading back if we can and as you said picking up an extra 3rd & maybe a late round pick too.

If Jerry Porter (CB PSU), Parris Johnson (OT/OG OSU), Brett Mayer (TE ND), Broderick Jones (OT/OG Georgia) or Cam Smith ( CB, South Carolina) are available at 16 though, I’m taking them.

4 hours ago, Troublez said:

This is where I am at quite frankly. If I were Ron, I'd call the bears and give them #16, #147, next years second as well as some offensive manpower such as: Curtis Samuel and Antonio Gibson. All this for Fields.

The Bears aren’t going to want Antonio Gibson bc they have David Montgomery & Khalil Herbert. I’d franchise tag & trade DaRon Payne in a straight up trade. 

On 1/15/2023 at 8:04 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Just when you're still upset we let Cousins go,(which I never was) he goes & reminds us why we did on that 4th & 8.

Hahahahahah Bwahahahaha 😂🤣😂

Imagine making fun of the QB who’s better than every QB we’ve had since we didn’t re-sign him, who won 13 games this year - something Washington hasn’t done since 1991 - and who beat the Commanders this year which is one of the reasons we didn’t make the playoffs!

Instead of crapping on Kirk I’m hopeful someday we can find a QB of his caliber or better again bc I sure wish the Commanders had won 13 games this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

But can’t we do both? 😂

To me the crapping on a QB who’s obviously one of the best that Washington ever had in its franchise has gotten really old for Washington fans & makes them look stupid.

Like he just had a 13 win season - something we haven’t done in 30 years - while having to make up for the worst defense in the NFL & he beat us in the process & people are cheering bc he didn’t convert a 4th down in the playoffs that we didn’t qualify for in part bc we lost to his Vikings at home?

I just can’t make it make sense.

I just don’t get it man, if you put Kirk on the 2919, 2020, 2021 & 2022 Washington teams we’d have double digit wins each season & make the playoffs given our improved run game in each of those seasons & how well our D played each of those years.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2