Week Conference Championship Thread: AP Top 4 (Georgia, Michigan, TCU, USC)

MikeT14

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Both quarterbacks are more mobile than Stroud and I don’t think personnel wise OSU has an answer their 12 personnel with those 2 TE.

Don't think anyone has an answer for those TEs lol. They're a cheat code. It's certainly not going to be a defensive battle. We can go toe-to-toe with any offense in the country. We'll need to be at our best and while I don't expect us to win, we certainly are capable of it

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

UNC and Clemmons know they've got huge leverage and are going to try and make one of the conferences blink first on a sweetheart arrangement, I wouldn't tbh, they need us more than we need them.

UNC as a public institution is in a weird spot compared to a Notre Dame as well.

• Like 1

TCU won two full-fledged national titles in 1935 (the last year before the AP Poll started) and 1938 (third year of the AP Poll), then under Gary Patterson, won "mid-major national championships" (finishing as the highest non-AQ team in the polls) in 2005 and 2010 during their time in the MW.

It's unreal that TCU, a team which lost its status as a major conference football program for 16 seasons between 1996 and 2011, is now competing for a full-fledged national title.

• Like 1

The Big Ten won't go beyond 16 full members that play football in the conference. They have to wait to add ND for non-football sports until the ACC GOR expires.

They should add some associate members who are AAU members and compete primarily in another P5 conference.

California and Stanford should join for field hockey, Utah for men's lacrosse, and Florida and Vanderbilt for women's lacrosse.