What's Lamar Jackson's trade value?

49ersfan

7 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

What Cousins signed 4 years ago has absolutely no barring on Lamar or any QB moving forward.  His 3 yr 84 Million is but a 1/3 or 1/4 of what Lamar is demanding post numb nuts in Cleveland. 

Clevelands stupidity/desperation really has ***'d the rest of the NFL moving forward. 

It absolutely does. It shows that a good QB hitting the open market in his prime is going to get a better deal when more than 1 team is negotiating with him. Same with Watson.

What Cousins signed for was also with a much lower cap, so comparing raw numbers is pointless.

9 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean, even in his rookie year he wasn't garbage. His 2nd year he was decent and the team KILLED HIM with drops. The following year he won a playoff game in TEN, then got injured against Buffalo.

The other points are for sure accurate, though.

He was garbage as a rookie until the Chargers...Chargered. I'll give him some credit for stepping up in the 4th but he played 3 quarters of awful digging that hole to begin with. I'll amend my statement though, I'm not trading three firsts for a guy who has never played well in the playoffs.

45 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

He was garbage as a rookie until the Chargers...Chargered. I'll give him some credit for stepping up in the 4th but he played 3 quarters of awful digging that hole to begin with. I'll amend my statement though, I'm not trading three firsts for a guy who has never played well in the playoffs.

If a team traded right now for Justin Herbert he would get the same compensation, if not more, and he's only played in one playoff game and stunk it up.

Lamar has at least won a playoff game. His rookie year is whatever, he was like 21 years old and extremely raw.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If a team traded right now for Justin Herbert he would get the same compensation, if not more, and he's only played in one playoff game and stunk it up.

Lamar has at least won a playoff game. His rookie year is whatever, he was like 21 years old and extremely raw.

Herbert is also a lot better than current Lamar, looks like he's going to hang around a lot longer and has a one game sample size vs. four.

Edited by Bullet Club

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Herbert is also a lot better than current Lamar, looks like he's going to hang around a lot longer and has a one game sample size vs. four.

I was a Herbert fan for a while but I just don't see it at this point.

Passing Advanced Passing
Rk Player Year QBrec Att Cmp% Y/A+ NY/A+ AY/A+ ANY/A+ Cmp%+ TD%+ Int%+ Sack%+ Rate+
1 Justin Herbert 2022 10-7-0 699 68.2 93 99 99 103 117 91 119 109 105
2 Lamar Jackson 2022 8-4-0 326 62.3 95 97 101 102 90 111 104 93 102

This, to me, looks like they're pretty even. Lamar has some advantages, and Herbert has some advantages. And this is just them as passers. We all know Lamar is the 2nd best running QB in the NFL at this point as well, so I'm not really sure how you could argue Herbert is a better QB.

And this is all while Herbert is throwing to Keenan Allen and Mike Williams and has Austin Ekeler out of the backfield catching passes too while Lamar is throwing to Sammy Watkins and Demarcus Robinson.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

I could see Atlanta being a really good fit for Lamar if they decide to push their chips in. They already have some good offensive weapons in place both and have a solid rushing attack. I am certainly not saying that they will or even should go after Jackson, but adding Jackson at QB would definitely seem to put them in the driver's seat in that division, especially if they can continue to improve that defense.

Lamar to Atlanta for: Pick 8, AJ Terrell, future 1st, future 2nd

19 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I was a Herbert fan for a while but I just don't see it at this point.

Passing Advanced Passing
Rk Player Year QBrec Att Cmp% Y/A+ NY/A+ AY/A+ ANY/A+ Cmp%+ TD%+ Int%+ Sack%+ Rate+
1 Justin Herbert 2022 10-7-0 699 68.2 93 99 99 103 117 91 119 109 105
2 Lamar Jackson 2022 8-4-0 326 62.3 95 97 101 102 90 111 104 93 102

This, to me, looks like they're pretty even. Lamar has some advantages, and Herbert has some advantages. And this is just them as passers. We all know Lamar is the 2nd best running QB in the NFL at this point as well, so I'm not really sure how you could argue Herbert is a better QB.

And this is all while Herbert is throwing to Keenan Allen and Mike Williams and has Austin Ekeler out of the backfield catching passes too while Lamar is throwing to Sammy Watkins and Demarcus Robinson.

Lamar for Herbert straight up, ignoring contracts, who says no?

I don't think the market for Lamar is nearly as high as many here are saying;  a trade comparable to Watson's.  

I like QBs who can run, but I have never been a huge believer in Lamar's accuracy so I would pass personally  (no pun intended).  

I will say I never thought Jamal Adams would fetch nearly two 1s and a 3 from Seattle and was arguing against that high of a return right before it actually happened.    

So who knows, I have been wrong before.   

An excited team could offer moon and I could be 100% wrong and Baltimore could get a Watson type trade (if they wanted to trade him).

11 hours ago, Xmad said:

Ya'll truly underestimate it only takes one dumb team for the ravens to be like "Aye **** it rebuild and we'll find our guy in the draft somewhere" 

Commanders are definitely dumb enough and bonus lamar is out of conference.

Jets would easily pay that for a proven commodity. 

Lamar doesn't get a say where he's going, he gets the $ he wants for a franchise that's willing to pay him for it, who it is is not up to him that's up to the ravens.

Colts are definitely drafting their guy same with Atlanta but again franchise QB's are the one asset in football once you have a shot to get them you pull the trigger (See Rams, Browns past two offseasons) 

Falcons it's rare but they are willing to give big money/capital for impact players (Julio Jones, Alex Mack) granted under dimitroff but all it takes is someone convinced Lamar can be their guy.

There is no owner to sign off on a trade. So while Rivera would be dumb enough, its not really possible. 

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Lamar for Herbert straight up, ignoring contracts, who says no?

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

nobody probably

The "average" GM/HC will typically favor Herbert just because of his mouthwatering tools. 

There may be certain advanced offensive minds who would rather have Lamar because of the advantage he brings to blocking schemes. 

Less obviously, Lamar is very competitive and has a good sense of when it is necessary to start taking risks with high leverage plays in order to win the game. IMO Herbert checks down a lot and doesn't seem to know when to increase his aggressiveness. I'm not sure coaches care too much about that, because they want his tools.