What's Lamar Jackson's trade value?

49ersfan

15 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm wary of Lamar ending 2 straight seasons injured. My concern as a GM would be; is his body breaking down?

And the thing is, that gives him even more reason to push for a fully guaranteed deal, if we are being honest. The injuries are basically widening the chasm 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

And the thing is, that gives him even more reason to push for a fully guaranteed deal, if we are being honest. The injuries are basically widening the chasm 

QB desperate teams do QB desperate things...not that I'd know firsthand or anything being a Browns fan.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

QB desperate teams do QB desperate things...not that I'd know firsthand or anything being a Browns fan.

I don't get why people don't just draft Brock Purdys in the 7th round all the time and stop this stuff 

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't get why people don't just draft Brock Purdys in the 7th round all the time and stop this stuff 

It's funny how "misses" work. The Browns missed/missed/missed for like 30 years.

The 49ers trade a stupid amount of draft ammunition to trade up for Lantz, who looks like he could very well be a major bust (a bit too early, but still), and then they potentially hit a homerun on "Mr. Irrelevant".

Kinda an RGIII and Kirk Cousins vibe from a few years ago, not that I'd call Cousins a homerun, but he's a solid NFL starter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't get why people don't just hire Kyle Shanahan's all the time and have wide open guys running around every play so that the QB position doesn't matter 

For real. 

I just don't get what's so difficult about hiring a Kyle Shanahan and then finding a Christian McCaffrey, drafting a George kittle in the fifth round, finding a deebo Samuel and Brandon aiyuk, snagging an Elijah Mitchell in round six and jujuan Jennings in round 7 and then just grabbing a brock Purdy. 

It's not that hard, people

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Forge said:

For real. 

I just don't get what's so difficult about hiring a Kyle Shanahan and then finding a Christian McCaffrey, drafting a George kittle in the fifth round, finding a deebo Samuel and Brandon aiyuk, snagging an Elijah Mitchell in round six and jujuan Jennings in round 7 and then just grabbing a brock Purdy. 

It's not that hard, people

I think it's more scheme than players, but that's just me. Sure, having those guys doesn't hurt though.

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm wary of Lamar ending 2 straight seasons injured. My concern as a GM would be; is his body breaking down?

I wouldn't under any circumstance give him a deal thats guaranteed past 2 or 3 years. There's no way he's gonna stay healthy in his 30s.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I don't think the market for Lamar is nearly as high as many here are saying;  a trade comparable to Watson's.  

I like QBs who can run, but I have never been a huge believer in Lamar's accuracy so I would pass personally  (no pun intended).  

I will say I never thought Jamal Adams would fetch nearly two 1s and a 3 from Seattle and was arguing against that high of a return right before it actually happened.    

So who knows, I have been wrong before.   

An excited team could offer moon and I could be 100% wrong and Baltimore could get a Watson type trade (if they wanted to trade him).

Someone will absolutely pay top dollar/compensation for Lamar. There is no doubt about that. I'm saying I wouldn't want to be the one doing it.

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jets are currently the heavy betting favorite. Ravens second, Raiders third. If the Jets land Lamar, the AFCE is easily the best division in the NFL….

Do you have a link for this? I can only find it on bookies.com, but the article says no one is accepting bets on those odds?

https://bookies.com/nfl/picks/lamar-jackson-next-team-odds

Everywhere else I see odds that do not include Ravens

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Jets are currently the heavy betting favorite. Ravens second, Raiders third. If the Jets land Lamar, the AFCE is easily the best division in the NFL….

The problem is that in order for the Jets to land Lamar they have to give up significant draft capital + at least one good young player (most likely Garrett Wilson or Sauce Gardner).

Are they still AFCE favorites after doing that?