What's Lamar Jackson's trade value?

49ersfan

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I doubt they’ll give up a star player, if they get Lamar, they are going all in. Might have to give up two 1sts, a second, a third, and a fifth. I doubt Ravens get three firsts. 

11 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

They would not give up either of those dudes for Lamar. Maybe that’s what it would take, but I’d laugh if I were the Jets and they demanded that those two be included. I don’t think the value for Lamar is any higher than Watson. It’ll cost a bunch of picks, but he’s not good enough to also have to send away your elite talent under 24 years old. 

So the Ravens give up their franchise QB, a known commodity who was a unanimous MVP and is still a guaranteed top 10 QB at worst, and have to completely reset while the Jets give up draft picks?

Why would the Ravens even say yes to that?

12 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The problem is that in order for the Jets to land Lamar they have to give up significant draft capital + at least one good young player (most likely Garrett Wilson or Sauce Gardner).

Are they still AFCE favorites after doing that?

I don't think it is remotely possible the Jets would give up Sauce. 

But I do think the Jets would have to pay a higher price to get Lamar than an NFC team because the Ravens want him out of the conference. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So the Ravens give up their franchise QB, a known commodity who was a unanimous MVP and is still a guaranteed top 10 QB at worst, and have to completely reset while the Jets give up draft picks?

Well all this is assuming that Lamar doesn't sign a contract and doesn't want to play for the Ravens under the franchise tag in 2023. The ball is in his court. 

At some point the Ravens need to recoup whatever value they can from him, whatever the best offer is. 

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I also wonder if the Ravens would actually tag him a 3rd time if it came down to it.  That would be the game changer.  Because if I'm Jackson and I don't get extended by the Ravens or traded, then next year I'm telling them that you won't enter negotiations with any team (killing any potential trade) and telling them you will play on the 2nd franchise tag and that you are going to either leave in free agency in 2025 or they will have to tag you a 3rd time at what would be a crazy price tag.

A franchise tag for a 3rd straight year would be so astronomically expensive that it's essentially impossible.

The most interesting thing will be if Lamar is simply not willing to play on the tag and he's willing to commit to it. We've seen Watson sit while on a contract, we've seen Bell skip a year...Does Jackson have it in him to just say, "nope, not doing it" 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

They wouldn't. But neither would the Jets to trading away their young pieces.

The Ravens don't have a lot of leverage right now. They either have to pay him an absurd amount of money (which I hope they do as a Browns fan) or try to convince teams to pay him a bunch of money and fork over a treasure chest of draft picks AND players? I just don't see that happening.

Baltimore isn't screwed, but they're not likely going to get a King's Ransom for Lamar.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

The most interesting thing will be if Lamar is simply not willing to play on the tag and he's willing to commit to it. We've seen Watson sit while on a contract, we've seen Bell skip a year...Does Jackson have it in him to just say, "nope, not doing it" 

The Ravens can't afford to sit on him as a no-show. IF it reaches a point where his demands are greater than the Ravens are willing, they should just let him talk to other teams (regardless of what tag is there) and enforce their price on trade value.