What's Lamar Jackson's trade value?

49ersfan

20 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, question for Ravens fans:

Lamar is certainly getting the exclusive Franchise Tag, right? Because if the Ravens used the non-exclusive Franchise Tag, I’m absolutely giving him a poison pill contract that Baltimore couldn’t match and handing over my two FRPs.

Bingo! 

This is and will be the correct answer. The Ravens by not signing him long term last year "Before" the Watson Fiasco and Wilson Trade screwed the pooch but he won't sign.

Now they are in even a worse place to get Lamar signed WITHOUT having to give him a fully guaranteed contract which they Do Not and should not want to do!!! No team other then the Idiot Franchise in Cleveland should ever be giving that out again, to anyone.

He'll end up a Falcon, Colt, Seahawk or Lion in 2023.  Texans won't waste thier Two top 10 picks and cash IMO, nor should they. Or he'll sit 10 weeks as a Raven since they have no desire to give him Watson Money!

The hype going into the 2023 draft with numerous team having multiple 1st rd picks will be nuts until the 2023 NFL Draft has concluded the top 10 picks.

Cluster @%%$ situation.

Edited by Nabbs4u

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, question for Ravens fans:

Lamar is certainly getting the exclusive Franchise Tag, right? Because if the Ravens used the non-exclusive Franchise Tag, I’m absolutely giving him a poison pill contract that Baltimore couldn’t match and handing over my two FRPs.

100%

• Like 1

On a mega contract a huge portion of the cash is paid upfront right? If Snyder pulled the trade off, and extended Jackson putting 300mil or whatever into the deal, could that increase the sale value of his team (or help realize the huge valuation he is already requesting)? I don't think it's happening, but I just thought of the possibility.

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Bingo! 

This is and will be the correct answer. The Ravens by not signing him long term last year "Before" the Watson Fiasco and Wilson Trade screwed the pooch but he won't sign.

Now they are in even a worse place to get Lamar signed WITHOUT having to give him a fully guaranteed contract which they Do Not and should not want to do!!! No team other then the Idiot Franchise in Cleveland should ever be giving that out again, to anyone.

He'll end up a Falcon, Colt, Seahawk or Lion in 2023.  Texans won't waste thier Two top 10 picks and cash IMO, nor should they. Or he'll sit 10 weeks as a Raven since they have no desire to give him Watson Money!

Cluster @%%$ situation.

Let's say Lamar does end up in a trade situation - why wouldn't a team like the Jets, who have MASSIVE talent at WR mostly on rookie deals, go all-in? Certainly the Seahawks could try, but they're still a little short on draft capital even after the Russell Wilson trade.

Theoretically there's 30 teams that would all go in for Lamar. The problem is going to be which teams actually have the draft capital to pull it off. 

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Let's say Lamar does end up in a trade situation - why wouldn't a team like the Jets, who have MASSIVE talent at WR mostly on rookie deals, go all-in? Certainly the Seahawks could try, but they're still a little short on draft capital even after the Russell Wilson trade.

Theoretically there's 30 teams that would all go in for Lamar. The problem is going to be which teams actually have the draft capital to pull it off. 

There's not even 1/2 of those teams who would go all in given the contract he's now going to demand. Not for him.

As for the draft capital I honestly think the Ravens are screwed. Might be forced to take way less then the Watson/Wilson deal because let's be real.

If they don't trade him before the 2023 draft they are at the mercy of PUNTING AWAY the 2023 season if Lamar holds out for 10 weeks Vincent Jackson style out of spite (What he should do) for the piss poor handling in B2B years of negotiations.

So what do you do? Trade, maybe  get 3 1st , draft a FQB yourselves on the cheap in 2023 or pony up another idiotic Fully guaranteed contract the Ravens clearly do not want to give him? 

Edited by Nabbs4u

The Browns destroyed the QB market. Giving a completely unreliable guys massive money fully guaranteed changed the landscape of what these young QBs are able to ask for now. If you are the Ravens you simply can't trade Lamar. He is way too good to trade away, but I can understand being scared of paying him what he is asking for.

Basically.... screw the Browns.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If that theory’s based solely on 30 other teams existing, then sure…

• Like 5

a lot of underperforming QBs giving the bean counters anxiety

8 of the top 10 QBs are not playing to their contracts

it's so bad now we have to look as far down as Goff & Wentz to find QBs not stealing

it's a pity more couldn't have been done in Baltimore while he was on rookie $ but Buffalo & KC were super hot at the same time

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

If that theory’s based solely on 30 other teams existing, then sure…

Yeah, it's more like 15.  Eliminate the Jags, Texans, Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Bears, Giants, Cowboys, Eagles, Pats, Bills, Dolphins, Chiefs, Chargers, 49ers, and Cardinals before you even start talking about draft capital.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, it's more like 15.  Eliminate the Jags, Texans, Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Bears, Giants, Cowboys, Eagles, Pats, Bills, Dolphins, Chiefs, Chargers, 49ers, and Cardinals before you even start talking about draft capital.

Why would you eliminate the Texans and Giants? There are some other teams you listed I don't think she be eliminated either, but those 2 seem like super obvious teams that would be interested if he was on the market.

• Like 2

Has Lamar looked very good since week 3? I feel like he's been Jimmy G tier since week 4. I would not want my team trading for him even if he was available, and all it cost was 3 first round picks. I'd rather trade one 1st for Jimmy G.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Why would you eliminate the Texans and Giants? There are some other teams you listed I don't think she be eliminated either, but those 2 seem like super obvious teams that would be interested if he was on the market.

Texans are drafting a QB lets be real here. They are in a full rebuild mode. Giants sure, but not the Texans.