What's Lamar Jackson's trade value?

49ersfan

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, it's more like 15.  Eliminate the Jags, Texans, Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Bears, Giants, Cowboys, Eagles, Pats, Bills, Dolphins, Chiefs, Chargers, 49ers, and Cardinals before you even start talking about draft capital.

Texans? They'd sell their franchise for the opportunity to go after Lamar.

Bears, maybe. Justin Fields has played exactly 4-ish games of good running football.

Giants? They'd be all-in. Daniel Jones is not the guy.

Patriots? Hell, I could see them going all-in too. Mac Jones isn't the guy.

49ers could do it too because Trey Lance hasn't shown anything (in an extremely small sample size, granted).

Basically, here's the teams I think you can remove:

1. Ravens
  2. Bengals
  3. Chargers
  4. Chiefs
  5. Bills
  6. Cardinals
  7. Eagles
  8. Dolphins
  9. Rams (no draft capital)
  10. Browns (would rather have a serial sexual assaulter)
  11. Cowboys
  12. Jaguars

And then you have the Bears and 49ers who are extreme question marks, leaving about 1/2 of the league that would absolutely be all-in on Lamar. I mean I get the overall point that it's not 30 teams, more like half, but yeah. Either way, half the league throwing contracts and draft capital at the Ravens for Lamar isn't a horrible situation to be in if you're the Ravens.

38 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

There's not even 1/2 of those teams who would go all in given the contract he's now going to demand. Not for him.

As for the draft capital I honestly think the Ravens are screwed. Might be forced to take way less then the Watson/Wilson deal because let's be real.

If they don't trade him before the 2023 draft they are at the mercy of PUNTING AWAY the 2023 season if Lamar holds out for 10 weeks Vincent Jackson style out of spite (What he should do) for the piss poor handling in B2B years of negotiations.

So what do you do? Trade, maybe  get 3 1st , draft a FQB yourselves on the cheap in 2023 or pony up another idiotic Fully guaranteed contract the Ravens clearly do not want to give him? 

The Ravens can win games with Tyler Huntley at QB. It's not like we're just screwed if Lamar sits out. Huntley kept us competitive despite an awful OL and no run game. He had better receiving options to throw to that was the big difference. If Lamar sits out, I have full faith that Roman's system could withstand that.

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Has Lamar looked very good since week 3? I feel like he's been Jimmy G tier since week 4. 

No, he hasn't.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:
14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Why would you eliminate the Texans and Giants? There are some other teams you listed I don't think she be eliminated either, but those 2 seem like super obvious teams that would be interested if he was on the market.

Texans are drafting a QB lets be real here. They are in a full rebuild mode. Giants sure, but not the Texans.

And the Texans will have their pick of the litter when it comes to which QB they want to draft, and they will be wayyyyyy cheaper over the next 4 years than Lamar. Texans trading the #1 pick and additional picks for Lamar would be one of the dumber trades I've seen.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

And the Texans will have their pick of the litter when it comes to which QB they want to draft, and they will be wayyyyyy cheaper over the next 4 years than Lamar.

So? You can't eliminate them at all. They need a franchise QB and if they aren't sold on Young or Stroud, then they'd absolutely go after Jackson.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

So? You can't eliminate them at all. They need a franchise QB and if they aren't sold on Young or Stroud, then they'd absolutely go after Jackson.

highly doubt it. It's financially stupid. And the chances of the Texans not loving one of those dudes after their pro days is slim. Not to mention the Texans are more than just a QB away. It would be super stupid of them to trade for Lamar on multiple fronts.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Why would you eliminate the Texans and Giants? There are some other teams you listed I don't think she be eliminated either, but those 2 seem like super obvious teams that would be interested if he was on the market.

Giants have been solid this season, and teams seem unwilling to do that much if they have an in house QB.  At least at the cost of multiple firsts.  This one's arguable though.

As for the 49ers, Lance was picked by the current administration.  They're not selling the farm for Lamar, unless you think Lance could offset some of those picks.

Bears are a mess, and Fields has looked pretty good without a ton of help.  No way they give up a ton for a QB to come in and struggle with their awful team.

Pats, maybe.  I very very much doubt it because I don't think Lamar is what Belichick wants in a QB, but maybe he's not as tied to Jones as we think.

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Texans are drafting a QB lets be real here. They are in a full rebuild mode. Giants sure, but not the Texans.

Yeah, this.  The Texans can take whoever they want from this class, which is likely what they do.  They aren't gonna give up first overalls to sign Lamar, unless the administration just loves him.

Either way, half the league is eliminated before we even get into draft capital, which eliminates a few more.  Either way, the market isn't huge.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, it's more like 15.  Eliminate the Jags, Texans, Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Bears, Giants, Cowboys, Eagles, Pats, Bills, Dolphins, Chiefs, Chargers, 49ers, and Cardinals before you even start talking about draft capital.

For me it’s these:

Teams that wouldn’t look to move on from who they have: KC, Buffalo, Cincy, LAC

Teams that have expensive QBs that they virtually can’t dump: Green Bay, LAR, Arizona, Denver, Minnesota, Dallas, Cleveland

Teams that likely won’t be able to afford a Lamar contract: NO, Tampa, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Carolina, Miami

So that’s 17/31. That leaves teams like Chicago, who may or may not look to roll with Fields (because let’s be real, adding Lamar doesn’t make that team a contender). It includes a team like Houston, who can certainly use Lamar, but is also in prime position to draft their QBOTF and once again, likely needs to build the team before they’re ready to compete. It includes Seattle, who is getting superior QB play right now out of someone that’ll probably come much cheaper than Jackson. It includes Pittsburgh, who never makes huge trades like this, just drafted a QB in the first, and would likely never be able to finalize a deal with a division rival. 

There’s really a handful or two of teams that make sense, before even considering the actual details of a deal. NYJ, NYG, Atlanta, Washington, Detroit, maybe LV, and Indy. 

• Like 1

The minimum starting point would probably have to be 3 firsts + more when we see that meh prospects like Trey Lance and serial predators like Watson have commanded a similar return. Lamar has more hardware (mvp, first team all-pro, playoff win) than those Quarterbacks, and unlike a lot of other young QBs has proven he can be an elite player without an elite wide receiver (or elite receiver group) to help him out. There are teams whose coaches and GMs need to start actually winning (such as Detroit) that you’d think would pony up what it takes for the shot at an elite offence 

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The Giants make sense, but I think their cap situation is pretty dire from Gettleman? Not sure they can afford 50+ million a year without doing a lot of contract gymnastics/cutting some good players.

The Giants will have the 4th most cap space next year and currently 13th for draft value. I also doubt they will go in on Lamar though.

47 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Giants have been solid this season, and teams seem unwilling to do that much if they have an in house QB.  At least at the cost of multiple firsts.  This one's arguable though.

But they don't. Not only is Jones not very good, he's also a free agent after this season.