What's Lamar Jackson's trade value?

49ersfan

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

You also have to consider the circumstances behind Watson at the time - basically staring at a lengthy suspension, an unprecedented suspension at that.

So any Lamar Jackson trade would have to bring in more than Watson brought in. You would prob add on a few 2nd rounders to this deal.

Knowing that he is 2 wins no losses

Against leshaun

The starting point would be a defensive end 

A top 10 defensive lineman 

Plus 3 number 1s

3 number 2s

3 number 3s.

When comparing leshaun he has only won 1 playoff win where the defensive held buffalo to 20 poinrs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Knowing that he is 2 wins no losses

Against leshaun

The starting point would be a defensive end 

A top 10 defensive lineman 

Plus 3 number 1s

3 number 2s

3 number 3s.

When comparing leshaun he has only won 1 playoff win where the defensive held buffalo to 20 poinrs.

Loving this post.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:
2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

So? You can't eliminate them at all. They need a franchise QB and if they aren't sold on Young or Stroud, then they'd absolutely go after Jackson.

highly doubt it. It's financially stupid. And the chances of the Texans not loving one of those dudes after their pro days is slim. Not to mention the Texans are more than just a QB away. It would be super stupid of them to trade for Lamar on multiple fronts.

Agreed - and the QB search isn’t limited to what happens at 1.1, the Texans will also have Cleveland’s pick, which can be anywhere between 8-18; If the Texans feel like the next tier of QBs is the better choice, they’d be able to get ‘em mid 1st.

Unless there was some massive devaluation of Lamar (such as Lamar for 1.1 straight up) the Texans wouldn’t be interested in such a move. This is a long term build, a QB on a rookie deal is going to be worth more than a QB with Lamar’s resume.

His trade value is likely too much for most teams, but not enough for the Ravens.

I like Lamar, but he DOES have question marks.    Some team(s) would take the risk, but its a giant risk, and certain recent transactions would scare certain teams away from willingly selling the farm for Lamar.

Best bet is the Ravens paying him, and Im 99.9% certain it will happen.

Edited by 43M
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

He should be a lion 

Lions fans feel torn on this subject. Some want to go all in on Lamar. Others rather draft a QB and keep draft picks and capspace to build up the defense. 

TBH, I think Lions sincere interest will come down to where the Rams pick falls for them and if they could work out a contract with Lamar pre trade. 

It'd be a great situation for him to land in though. Top 5 OL, young WRs in Jamo and ARSB, good RBs in Swift & Jamaal Williams. And a young stud OC who has shown a real capability in drawing up creative offensive plays. 

Will it happen? I'd say there's a 25% chance of it happening. If it were to happen, it would have to be right before this upcoming draft. If they wait, Lions will move on with all their picks. 

19 hours ago, ET80 said:

Let’s look at the offset here - there might be a stigma about his ability to become a franchise QB, but there aren’t 30+ accusations of sexual misconduct.

I personally say those cancel out at the absolute least.

Misconduct?  I could have sworn Deshawn just has a slight reading/typing problem.

He searches for "Massage The Rapist", but Google corrects it to "Massage Therapist".   That space means everything

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Misconduct?  I could have sworn Deshawn just has a slight reading/typing problem.

He searches for "Massage The Rapist", but Google corrects it to "Massage Therapist".   That space means everything

Oh this was a good one. Got a solid belly chuckle out of me.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ET80 said:
21 hours ago, Jeezla said:
21 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

So? You can't eliminate them at all. They need a franchise QB and if they aren't sold on Young or Stroud, then they'd absolutely go after Jackson.

highly doubt it. It's financially stupid. And the chances of the Texans not loving one of those dudes after their pro days is slim. Not to mention the Texans are more than just a QB away. It would be super stupid of them to trade for Lamar on multiple fronts.

Agreed - and the QB search isn’t limited to what happens at 1.1, the Texans will also have Cleveland’s pick, which can be anywhere between 8-18; If the Texans feel like the next tier of QBs is the better choice, they’d be able to get ‘em mid 1st.

Unless there was some massive devaluation of Lamar (such as Lamar for 1.1 straight up) the Texans wouldn’t be interested in such a move. This is a long term build, a QB on a rookie deal is going to be worth more than a QB with Lamar’s resume.

This makes no sense. First the chances of either QB being as good as Jackson are incredibly small, even if you like them as prospects. How many of the top 5 pick QBs in the last 10 years have been as good as he is. Second, if it is a long rebuild the QB we take would be about to get the second contract before we are competetive anyway, so you don't even get the benefit of the savings. 

Even if the trade is a bit more than what we got from Watson it is basically trading Watson and a bit for Lamar, you take that and run.

30 minutes ago, mse326 said:

How many of the top 5 pick QBs in the last 10 years have been as good as he is

Doesn't matter. GM's are going to keep drafting QB's #1 and 2 overall, no matter how many times it fails.

30 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Second, if it is a long rebuild the QB we take would be about to get the second contract before we are competetive anyway,

You have already predicted the next 4 offseasons for the Texans? All it takes is 1 or 2 good drafts and 3 or 4 key FA signings/trades to change a teams fortunes, assuming you got the right coaching staff in place.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

Second, if it is a long rebuild the QB we take would be about to get the second contract before we are competetive anyway, so you don't even get the benefit of the savings. 

I’ll address the rest later - but do you really believe this is a half decade long rebuild? Seriously, you’re basically saying we’ll have another World Cup come and go before the Texans are competitive. I don’t think we can find an example of any team (football or otherwise) that a single FO took that long to rebuild (unless you’re assuming Nick Caserio is going to be fired somewhere in the next five years).

I get that we’re down on the Texans, but be real here. If it’s another half decade, it won’t be Nick Caserio’s rebuild (and honestly, it won’t be Nick Caserio’s replacements’ rebuild either). The cap space, draft assets are in place and the bad contracts are gone, the poisonous presence in the FO was fired - incremental growth need to be demonstrated at some point, you can’t just rebuild in perpetuity (again, unless you think Caserio is going to get fired within the next season or two).