Week 13: The Philadelphia Run Allowers (10-1) vs Derrick Henry et al. (7-4)

EaglesPeteC

Will wait to hear what the film guys say about our run D performance, but I wonder if it was because we just didn’t commit to it the same way we did vs Indy (lots of run blitzes, no respect for passing attack). I don’t care what kind of season he’s been having or how banged up he is, you can’t sell out to stop run vs Rodgers. Tannehill is no slouch, but I’d bet we have similar defensive gameplan as we had vs Indy in really prioritizing run D.

Getting Davis back will help, although I fear some may be overstating his impact. He’ll 100% help in that it means a deeper rotation at very least, but he wasn’t some game breaker (he was good, for a rookie). He was a crucial piece in Gannon’s evidently inflexible scheme, but we filled that role in scheme w/ our vet signings. Cosell actually said that he thought Linval at NT vs Indy looked better than JD had at any point in year.

6 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Will wait to hear what the film guys say about our run D performance, but I wonder if it was because we just didn’t commit to it the same way we did vs Indy (lots of run blitzes, no respect for passing attack). I don’t care what kind of season he’s been having or how banged up he is, you can’t sell out to stop run vs Rodgers. Tannehill is no slouch, but I’d bet we have similar defensive gameplan as we had vs Indy in really prioritizing run D.

Getting Davis back will help, although I fear some may be overstating his impact. He’ll 100% help in that it means a deeper rotation at very least, but he wasn’t some game breaker (he was good, for a rookie). He was a crucial piece in Gannon’s evidently inflexible scheme, but we filled that role in scheme w/ our vet signings. Cosell actually said that he thought Linval at NT vs Indy looked better than JD had at any point in year.

I agree with the game plan stuff and Cosell has always been for some reason lower on Davis than most.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy