GDT: Colts @ Cowboys - Dak Prescott vs. Matty Ice (Hold your horses)

Tony7188

Indianapolis Colts vs. Dallas Cowboys, AT&T Stadium, Arlington, December 4  2022 | AllEvents.in

Date & Time: Sun, Dec. 4 @ 7:20 CST

This week it's the Colts turn to come to Dallas and face the Cowboys on Sunday Night Football. The Colts have new life with the hiring of Jeff Saturday as HC, who immediately placed Matt Ryan into the starting QB spot. The Jerry Jones wannabe: Jim Irsay, would like nothing more than to win this game. After leaving Baltimore like a thief in the night 20+ years ago, he now has a semblance of how those fans felt back then, after getting robbed in back-to-back years by trading for washed up QBs. Since Dak's return, he has lifted the offense up to another level.

Help will soon be on the way with Tyron Smith and James Washington. They may be activated in the next week or two.

OBJ watch is still ongoing, even after the plane incident.

At 4-6, the Colts still have a slight chance to catch the Titans in their division. Back in 2018, the Colts destroyed the Cowboys 23-0 with Andrew Luck at QB. This year, it's Dak Prescott vs. Matt Ryan, who has inexplicably had flashes of turning back into Matty Ice. Micah will have to keep an eye on Matty Ice escaping the pocket. Can Dak outplay Matty Ice at home?

Dak Prescott

VS.

Matt Ryan aka Matty Ice

Score Prediction: Cowboys 27 Colts 10 

Dak cruises to a win and Micah gets 3 sacks on Matty Ice. Matty and scores a late 4th quarter TD to pad his stats. 

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 1

I try not to be over confident.  This team has some play makers we should be able to dominate their offense but then they should have beaten philly win the game with a late under two minute TD aided by a 39 yard PI penalty.  They have a solid D good run D give up under 4 yrds a rush. Their pass D is not as good as ours but with 31 sacks not terrible.  Hopefully our run D has improved as shown by the Giants game     One thing that is important in my mind is Ryan has zero mobility so a solid Rush will hamstring their passing game.   They can hurt us though if we allow Taylor to get free in the edge either running or with quick passes

12 hours ago, quiller said:

One thing that is important in my mind is Ryan has zero mobility so a solid Rush will hamstring their passing game.

Longest rush by QB this season:

#1 Justin Fields 67

#2 Jalen Hurts  42

#2 Kyler Murray 42

#4 Matt Ryan 39

#5 Josh Allen 36

#6 Marcus Mariota 30

#7 Dak Prescott 25

#8 Geno Smith 24

#8 Daniel Jones 24

#8 Trevor Lawrence 24

Not saying he’s Vick and they do give up the leagues most sacks, but “zero mobility” probably isn’t accurate either. 

Edited by DaBoys

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Longest rush by QB this season:

#1 Justin Fields 67

#2 Jalen Hurts  42

#2 Kyler Murray 42

#4 Matt Ryan 39

#5 Josh Allen 36

#6 Marcus Mariota 30

#7 Dak Prescott 25

#8 Geno Smith 24

#8 Daniel Jones 24

#8 Trevor Lawrence 24

Not saying he’s Vick and they do give up the leagues most sacks, but “zero mobility” probably isn’t accurate either. 

He’s averaging 2 carries for 7 yards per game on the season. Take out that 39 yard run where the Red Sea parted and it’s 2 Carrie’s for 3 yards.

The QB run is not a threat you worry about against Indy.

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

He’s averaging 2 carries for 7 yards per game on the season. Take out that 39 yard run where the Red Sea parted and it’s 2 Carrie’s for 3 yards.

The QB run is not a threat you worry about against Indy.

Which is why I said he’s no Vick. But you don’t get a 39 yard run in the NFL with zero mobility. For instance Tom Bradys longest career run is 22 yards. Matt Ryan was moving. 

Idk where else to put this but I traded for Zeke in fantasy

Nothing but plus RB matchups the next four weeks (Philly may be more imposing with Davis back but Zeke has always played well against them). I actually think Pollard being Dallas’ best back plays in Zeke’s favor for this stretch- save TP for the playoffs, know what I mean? I think that could be the game plan here to some extent.

Anyway, Elliott looked pretty spry on Thanksgiving, and I’m expecting another strong outing from him with 10 days rest against a very beatable Colts team. Same goes for the rest of our roster.

11 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Which is why I said he’s no Vick. But you don’t get a 39 yard run in the NFL with zero mobility. For instance Tom Bradys longest career run is 22 yards. Matt Ryan was moving. 

Lol, I know I’m just feeding the troll to continue this debate. There is no way you actually believe Matt Ryan is anything more than one of the lowest rushing threat QBs in all of pro football.