Kerrigan and P. Smith on list of top 60 pass rushers over last 2 years

turtle28

Cooley grades for DL/OLBs vs Saints:

Kerrigan - C+. Poor against run several times. Several times could have rushed when thought it was a run play but was ply action, instead basically just stood at likenof scrimmage.

Smith - C

Lanier - C+

Ioannidis- C

Galette - 4 qb hits, B.

Anderson - played 13 plays, does great jobs against backs on chip in pass coverages, in run ply jacking up TR. Had pop, C+

McGee - C+

Hood D, should be playing less plays. Playing how you want him to do. Just asked to play 40 plays when he should’ve a reserve playing 20 to 30. Good at occupying guys to allow others to go make plays but is asked to do too much because of injuries.

McClain got hurt D

Breeland - B+.

best Db on the field elf. Played awesome in cover 2 coming up and blooming up Kamara except on the Kamara TD.

Swearinger - disguised coverage all game well except thefinal 3 drives and it showed the difference. That’s all safety play folks. Showing a look and then rotating into something else post snap.

Fuller - B+

If it were up to me I'd try and find a trade partner for Kerrigan after this season. Preston Smith is clearly this teams best pass rusher which means they completely panicked when they took Ryan Anderson instead of Zac Cunningham. So unless you deal Kerrigan, Anderson is going to be worthless for probably 2-3 more seasons. 

Nicholson - B.

Been a B or better all year as a rookie S that almost all favs didn’t want. Great pick by the front office.

Hall - D or F Cooley would say.

Didn’t practice all week. Has barely played for 2 years. Only played S for half a season since 2015. Also dealing with bone bruise. Not used to coming down and tackling as a  S into the box. Obviously has missed so much time that he’s not getting angles right and is not used to the speed in tackling.

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If it were up to me I'd try and find a trade partner for Kerrigan after this season. Preston Smith is clearly this teams best pass rusher which means they completely panicked when they took Ryan Anderson instead of Zac Cunningham. So unless you deal Kerrigan, Anderson is going to be worthless for probably 2-3 more seasons. 

Actually Galette was the team’s best pass rusher on Sunday. 4 qb hits, you wonder on a few of them how Brees even got the play off.

We won’t get the value you’d want for Kerrigan. Going to be 30 years old, lost a step, cant cover OLB who isnt always  strong in the run game and can't even beat most even RTs on speed rushes & he has a high cap number.

He’s a top 25 pass rusher in the nfl? So, from the Redskins viewpoint he’s not someone you’d want to trade because he’s a great lockeroom guy that is still a good pass rusher who gets you 10 Plus sacks a year. 

No way Dan, Allen, Doug & Jay want to trade Kerrigan!

Yeah, they'll just hold on to him until he's worth absolutely nothing like they did with Pryor. The most in opportunistic team in the league. I wish they would operate the way Belichick does. If you aren't going to use the guy or he's getting up in age then you get value for him. Instead we end up with situations like Deangelo Hall running around out there. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Kerrigan was doing pretty good when Allen and Ioannidis were in front of him.  Anderson is depth.  Teams are supposed to have a lot of pass rushers.

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Kerrigan was doing pretty good when Allen and Ioannidis were in front of him.  Anderson is depth.  Teams are supposed to have a lot of pass rushers.

We now have three second round picks tied up into OLB. I just feel we could've gone a different direction with the Anderson pick.

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We now have three second round picks tied up into OLB. I just feel we could've gone a different direction with the Anderson pick.

Wel Murphy is hurt, so it’s a good thing we added the depth there although we should have taken ILB Cunningham from Vandy as Woz said. Also, if comes back next year and Murphy can play both DE & OLB anyways. 

Kerrigan is going to retire a Redskin, and he should I think in most fans & the in the teams eyes. 

Anderson wasn’t a bad pick, but yeah we could have drafted an ILB, RB or OL instead. Anderson will continually get more playing time at OLB and he may even be a future answer at ILB. It doesn’t hurt to try him out there in the offseason, especially if Galette & Murphy are back on cheap deals.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

That’s a sunk cost now.  He hasn’t shown anything to prove he’s capable of starting at LOLB.  Trading Kerrigan would leave us with a pretty big hole at OLB.

Archived