Kerrigan and P. Smith on list of top 60 pass rushers over last 2 years

turtle28

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

That’s a sunk cost now.  He hasn’t shown anything to prove he’s capable of starting at LOLB.  Trading Kerrigan would leave us with a pretty big hole at OLB.

I’d say Anderson looks like our best OLB against the run but that’s in a very small sample size. He needs work as a pass rusher and will never be a speed pass rusher, he’s like Kerrigan. A cerebral, high effort/ motor guy.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’d say Anderson looks like our best OLB against the run but that’s in a very small sample size. He needs work as a pass rusher and will never be a speed pass rusher, he’s like Kerrigan. A cerebral, high effort/ motor guy.

If he’s not going to be a speed guy than he needs to learn to bull rush asap.

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That hasn’t translated to any pressure.

He’s only playing 10 snaps a game and it really hasn’t been on many passing downs. 

He has development to do, but I think in time he’s going to be a good player who gets probably below 10 sacks a year like 5 to 8 but makes other game changing plays and is an outstanding run defender.

56 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s only playing 10 snaps a game and it really hasn’t been on many passing downs. 

He has development to do, but I think in time he’s going to be a good player who gets probably below 10 sacks a year like 5 to 8 but makes other game changing plays and is an outstanding run defender.

Aren’t you concerned though?  His predraft scouting reports were that he was a low ceiling high floor player.  Someone like that should be able to contribute immediately.  But now we’ve gotta wait for him to develop to just become an average player?  That’s a really poor ROI on a 2nd round pick.

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Aren’t you concerned though?  His predraft scouting reports were that he was a low ceiling high floor player.  Someone like that should be able to contribute immediately.  But now we’ve gotta wait for him to develop to just become an average player?  That’s a really poor ROI on a 2nd round pick.

I’m not concerned, he’s a good player. He’s just stuck behind 3 veterans. If we had taken a RB, NT or ILB in round 2 they’d be starting but those were the only positiins we had at the beginning of the year that looked like we could use definite upgrades. 

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not concerned, he’s a good player. He’s just stuck behind 3 veterans. If we had taken a RB, NT or ILB in round 2 they’d be starting but those were the only positiins we had at the beginning of the year that looked like we could use definite upgrades. 

I have a hard time believing that

45 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I have a hard time believing that

That’s fine, but how many times have you guys been down on rookie or 2nd year players only to see them develop into good or even great players in a few years?

Well have to wait and see.

On 11/23/2017 at 3:48 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:
On 11/23/2017 at 2:12 PM, FosterTheSkins said:

Same here?

???

were you expecting him to become a top 10 pass rusher based on his time here?

No, but I expected him to be a solid role player/starter who could have grown into that. We shouldn't have tried to screw him over what amounts to pennies in terms of the cap.

Archived