Week 13: NY Jets vs MIN Vikings

Bobby816

For me this is our biggest test besides BUF a few weeks ago. We matchup well against them.

Our strength is our CBs and there's in JJ pretty much with sprinkles of Thielen. Cook hasn't been the force he normally is this year bc they haven't had to use him as much bc no one can really stop their passing game. But I think we can change that. I think this game for us on defense actually comes down to how much we can stop Cook, not JJ. Bc I think JJ will get his. Just don't let him go off. Let him get his 6 catches for 75yds but no TDs. But we cant be so worried about stopping JJ that we let the RB screen game and running of Cook beat us. We have to keep that in check. Bc that's been our struggle recently is RBs, not WRs. The MIN OL is solid, so I don't expect us to have an advantage there. But anytime we can make a QB uncomfortable, the better.

On offense we "should" be able to score on them. I feel more confident in this one bc we have White at QB. Bc the weakness for MIN is their secondary. They have PP and Smith who have played well this year for their age. But actually their weakness plays right into our strengths in the passing game. We like quick hitters and getting the ball into our skill guys hands asap. And PP and Smith aren't as quick anymore. So we have an advantage there. Let the skill guys do the work and we should score. MIN also has a good pass rush with Hunter and Smith, so the OL will have to play well. I expect us to do more of keeping CJ in to block and letting Conklin be the pass catcher. Not sure what our RB room will look like yet for this one. Carter has a low ankle sprain and is day to day. JRob was a healthy scratch. And Bam looked good in his 1st action. All3 of them have similar styles. So the game plan shouldn't change much based on whos getting the most snaps. But make no question that we have to go against what we like to do and throw not run to win this game. MIN is dead last in passing yards allowed a game. So keep exposing that. Get GW and Moore the ball fast and let them go to work. Make the Ss cheat and try and jump routes and hit a few deep to Davis and Mims.

I expect this one to be close. Really close actually. A loud indoor stadium on the road might play in this one and I just don't have the confidence in White "yet" to win games 100% with his arm.

Prediction

NYJ: 20

MIN: 23

I think this game is not going to be that close. I really don't think Cousins and the WR are going to do much here. JJ will probably be around 60 yards with MAYBE a TD on like a end around run near the GL. I think it will come down to if Cook can get it going. I don't think he does. He has not had that huge game like in the past. It almost looks like he fast lost a little bit of his explotion. I do think Mike White does pretty well against their D. The OL is getting better and the WR are getting healthier ie Davis. I think White gets another 300 plus yard game with 3 TD's. Like someone said before the Vikings DB are worse than the bears and now you have no rain and indoors. I think the Jets D slip at the start but pick it up big time after a few series. The half time score will be Jets 14 Minn 7. I think the second half is all Jets. 

Minn 14

Jets 31

Mike White goes off again and throws for 333 yards and 3 TD 0 INT

I really don't think Minn is as good as their record is. Just look at Minn has done. They really don't put teams away no matter how bad that team is since week 1. 

week 1. Pack W 23-7

week 2 Eagles L24-7

week 3 Lions  W 28-24

week 4 saints  W 28-25

Week 5 Bears W 29-22

Week 6 Miami W 24-16

week 8 Cards W 34-26

week 9 Wash W 20-17

week 10 Bills W 33-30

Week 11 Cowboys L 40-3

Week 12 Pats W 33-26

If you look at that they play on the other teams level no matter what. That is not good. They got hammered by the cowboys too. They only have 2 good wins against Miami and the Bills and we beat them too. I think this game is a statement game for the Jets, Mike White, and its fans to say "We are here for really and we want that AFC East title NOW not next year!" This is a totally diffrent team. 

Edited by jetfuel34
  • Like 2

I think we can win this game. The Vikings are not that good, they won a bunch of close games vs bad teams this season.  If our defense comes out plays their football, and Mike White can manage the game like I know he can, I think we will win. 

The Vikings defense is allowing near 400 yards per game. I really believe that Mike White will have another good game, our weapons will be hard for the Vikings to cover. 

Its all about containing Jefferson and Cook.  Can't let them go off. 

If White can continue to just move the sticks and we keep in balanced, we should win this game. I do agree though, the DL needs to reek havoc. I like that Cousins struggles against the blitz and we generate pressure while dropping back 7. I do think we should continue to play our game but definitely send him a couple of blitzes more than usual and keep him guessing all afternoon. Mosley, Kwon and Whitehead need to be exponentially better this week. The last two games they've stood out for horrendous tackling and being slow to the ball. Also felt like they gave Quinnen a half game off. That boy needs to get 85%+ of the snaps this week. JFM too whether hes inside or out. Have not been overly impressed with Lawson. On third downs Huff should be on the edge and I would like to see a little more JJ who plays the run better and can do more than bull rush. 

Jets coach Robert Saleh reiterated Monday that he still hopes to play demoted starter Zach Wilson, setting the stage for a weekly quarterback soap opera as the Jets (7-4) bid to end their 11-year playoff drought.

Saleh: "It's exactly what I talked about last week in my press conference. It's a week-to-week deal. The full intent is to get Zach ready to play football again. I'll make that decision when I'm ready. While we're going through this process, it's Mike White's opportunity to take advantage of every last play he gets. I'm going to leave it at that. We're going to figure it out as we go."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35133284/robert-saleh-mike-white-huge-game-altered-jets-qb-plan

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Jets coach Robert Saleh reiterated Monday that he still hopes to play demoted starter Zach Wilson, setting the stage for a weekly quarterback soap opera as the Jets (7-4) bid to end their 11-year playoff drought.

Saleh: "It's exactly what I talked about last week in my press conference. It's a week-to-week deal. The full intent is to get Zach ready to play football again. I'll make that decision when I'm ready. While we're going through this process, it's Mike White's opportunity to take advantage of every last play he gets. I'm going to leave it at that. We're going to figure it out as we go."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35133284/robert-saleh-mike-white-huge-game-altered-jets-qb-plan

Yeah not a single person actually believes this. He is just saying the right things to not crucify Zach. If White struggles against you guys and then again against BUF then Zach will play again. If he plays relatively well in both and even if we split, whether we L to you and beat BUF or vice versa, he is likely the starter for the rest of the year with DET, JAX coming up at home

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Saying it's a week to week thing is 100% the correct thing to do for Saleh. Neither QB is steadily good enough to say they're our guy. So play the hot hand. And when they know their game has to be top notch? That can noly bring out the best in both of them. SF did this with Kaep and Smith their SB game year. They played it week by week riding the hot hand. Not at all saying we're a SB team. But when you have a QB situation. What Saleh said is spot on.

Just now, ekill08x said:

And we shall see on Sunday. 

That is correct.  The Vikings have certainly not played well against the Jets in the history of the 2 franchises, but the Vikings have won 2 in a row.  As I told one of my Facebook friends yesterday, I'm hoping the Vikings can make it 3, otherwise, I may not see them get back to .500 vs the Jets before I die.  🤣