Week 13: NY Jets vs MIN Vikings

Bobby816

13 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The opponents the Vikings have beaten are better (.461) than the opponents the Jets have beaten (.442).

I think it has to do with how the Vikes have been winning.  Aside from Week 1, they have not really put teams away in a blowout.  Of course a win is a win and they have steadily outplayed 9 of their 11 opponents.  The Jets, on the other hand, suffer from schizophrenia at least as far as the O is concerned.  They can dominate as they did against Chicago and Miami, or they couldn't suck more like against NE twice.  A lot of that (if not all) has to do with Zach Wilson.  I think MFW can bring a stabilizing effect to this O. 

In the end, this will be a good game against two teams that were maybe not picked to do as well before the season started.

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That is correct.  The Vikings have certainly not played well against the Jets in the history of the 2 franchises, but the Vikings have won 2 in a row.  As I told one of my Facebook friends yesterday, I'm hoping the Vikings can make it 3, otherwise, I may not see them get back to .500 vs the Jets before I die.  🤣

Some very good games though in the history for sure. Regardless of Sunday's outcome I have been pulling for you guys. 

Min despite having some explosive players are a pretty methodical offense which plays into our strengths with two elite CBs to match up with their strength.  Cook has been pretty mediocre so I hope he stays that way.  I do like the Hock addition they added.  He's a guy to worry about with our mediocre TE coverage.

If we play our game we shouldn't have any issue squeezing out a victory on the road.  MFW needs to keep his TO worry throws down because forcing MIN to drive the length of the field plays to our advantage.  We win the trench battle and the TO battle and we are leaving MIN happy.

Something about the football Gods are smiling down on MIN so hopefully it's not a 1 score game late because MIN will somehow find a way to beat the odds.

I expect MIN to try and stop the quick throws. White didn't throw the ball down field much last week. So I expect us to try and do what we did last week until they show they can stop it. But if they do stop it. We have to stretch the field. And if White can hit those, that opens up the game plan for us a ton. We will run the ball better and be able to revert back to those short quick hitters. Ideally for me we do all of that from the get go. Where Minn is on their heals from the get go. We can score through the air this week. We have an elite CB duo. But JJ is arguably the best WR in the whole league. So stopping him is a task. I expect him to get his. Just don't let him go wild. And contain Cook is the other thing. Not worried about him running up the gut on us. It's more so screen passes and outside the tackles. We have to tackle better to win against good teams like this. 

This game is not do or die, but the Jets have to beat either Miami, the Bills or the Vikings and then beat everyone else if they are going to have any chance of making the playoffs. 6 games remaining? The Jets have to win 4 of them. which would give them an 11-6 record and a realistic opportunity at the playoffs.