Week 13: NY Jets vs MIN Vikings

Bobby816

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Not talked about enough is that BONEHEAD block to the back by Fant. 

Yeah.. I wish he didn't. Berrios turned around and defender followed. Fant had no business to block the defender on back.

What about White made lousy pass to Moore when he was open in front of 2 defenders for 1st down on the final 3rd down of the game.  Maybe he is too robotic to be roll out and throw on run but still. Just throw hard left and let it sail toward to Moore on the sideline for 1st down.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah.. I wish he didn't. Berrios turned around and defender followed. Fant had no business to block the defender on back.

What about White made lousy pass to Moore when he was open in front of 2 defenders for 1st down on the final 3rd down of the game.  Maybe he is too robotic to be roll out and throw on run but still. Just throw hard left and let it sail toward to Moore on the sideline for 1st down.

Yes that completion OOB to Moore he was wide open and lead him OOB. Next week should be the equalizer. Last week he was accurate and led the WRs to get YAC. Yesterday almost every throw was behind. 

I have hope especially with that dart to Davis on 4th and 10 and he’s been excellent at checking down to RBs. 

MLF is still dumb for not setting up any WR screens to GW/Moore. 

39 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Not talked about enough is that BONEHEAD block to the back by Fant. 

Berrios ran him right into that one, the play wasn't designed to be bounced outside like that. That's on Berrios who didn't play all that well yesterday.

14 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Berrios ran him right into that one, the play wasn't designed to be bounced outside like that. That's on Berrios who didn't play all that well yesterday.

It wasn't designed like that, but Fant should still have been more field-aware than that.  Berrios made the critical error in dropping that pass in the end-zone.  

While I'm certainly not a Jets fan, I just wanted to let you know that I was impressed with the way they play under Saleh.  I have never seen Zach Wilson play so I don't know how poorly he played, but I did like Mike White.  He reminds me somewhat of a younger Kirk.  I do think they need to develop some more of the weapons outside of Garrett Wilson, but I think they'll be just fine moving forward.  Good luck the rest of the way and hopefully for you, into the playoffs.  

It's rough when you lose games like that. Another great defensive effort for the most part. The offense was just a bit off for most of the day, but that is lightyears beyond what we're used to. We went up against a 9-2 team and had a legitimate chance to win it at the end. These are not the Jets we're used to.

Garrett Wilson had what, 3x the yards of JJ? That's a great day on both sides.

Mike White is clearly the best QB on the roster and should start the rest of the year. He can move the ball and is for sure our best chance at a playoff spot. I don't expect it at this point, but there's hope.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Big T said:

There are no positives in a loss, a loss is a loss. Mike White could have thrown 4 int's in this game. Instead he threw 2. He couldn't score a touch down against a team which sits at the bottom of the NFL against the pass. 

MLF proved once again he hasn't a clue on how to run an offense. 58 pass attempts HELLO!!!!!

2 opportunities to score in the red zone in the final 4 minutes of the game and he throws the ball.

If this loss makes you think Mike White is the answer, your sadly mistaken, he is the back up for a reason. 

To make my point, he was throwing behind people, he was pressing to make passes in closed windows forcing passes and had the name Wilson been on the back of the uniform instead of White most of you would be asking for his head.

The Defense had a bad game, too many penalties, they shot themselves in the foot, and the offense under White and MLF couldn't rescue them.

To round out Whites performance 60 pass attempts 30 made. HELLO MLF, think you could have thought something else up besides 50 percent of your passes not being completed. 

MLF abandoned the run game when they needed it most. What a waste of effort, no one is doubting the effort.

But hey, now they have to play the Bills at Buffalo, good luck with that, this is going to be a revenge game for the Bill's lets see how good White is going to be and MLF.

The Jets have a need for a QB, an experienced QB because the defense has arrived years before it should have and we have enough weapons on offense to win games.

But there is a wanted sign before every Jet game on the back of our QB's, Accepting Applications!!!

You must not be a jet fan for that long. I have been a jet fan for 40 years now and Mike White looks pretty darn good to me. That first INT was of the hands of a WR and the last pass in the end zone was just a last second last play move. White had some very ggod throws. Was he off sure he was off on a few throws but he for a guy starting his second game of the season he was not that bad. I love how he can mke the tight throws. It is nice to have a QB that can do that. I think this team will be fine. I think this Bills game is really important. 

5 hours ago, Big T said:

If this loss makes you think Mike White is the answer, your sadly mistaken, he is the back up for a reason. 

Mike White is the Jets QB going forward. 

That frees up a lot of draft capital but raises two other critical issues.  They need to find receivers who want to catch the football.  That display of premature and unnecessary jumps, ham-fisted ball handling, and crapulent sideline choreography was disturbing.  We saw three drops, two of them converted to jump balls, one of those an interception, in the first quarter  and it didn't improve much in the final 45 minutes.  It looked like a Juggs machine on a gator farm.

A more serious issue lurks, camouflaged by the lack of a pass rush from Minnesota (20th) and, especially, Chicago (DFL).  The O-Line needs to be top ten, twice as good as when it was healthy, three times as good as it is now.

Edited by Dr A W Niloc
Insert.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

You must not be a jet fan for that long. I have been a jet fan for 40 years now and Mike White looks pretty darn good to me. That first INT was of the hands of a WR and the last pass in the end zone was just a last second last play move. White had some very ggod throws. Was he off sure he was off on a few throws but he for a guy starting his second game of the season he was not that bad. I love how he can mke the tight throws. It is nice to have a QB that can do that. I think this team will be fine. I think this Bills game is really important. 

Does it matter how long, I've been following the Jets since they won the S.B. period. If it were Wilson instead of White you would be singing the blues. Give me a break. If White was so good, how on earth do you start a 2nd year player instead of sitting him down? I don't want to hear he was the first selection in the draft for the Jets. So was Rogers and he sat behind Farve for years.

10 minutes ago, Big T said:

Does it matter how long, I've been following the Jets since they won the S.B. period. If it were Wilson instead of White you would be singing the blues. Give me a break. If White was so good, how on earth do you start a 2nd year player instead of sitting him down? I don't want to hear he was the first selection in the draft for the Jets. So was Rogers and he sat behind Farve for years.

Wilson is trash and I said that from day 1. My point is if you look back in the Jets history of QB's Mike White is already way up there. He has more 300 yard games than most of the QB's in jets history. The guy has the arm to throw it deep and on point. He has very good at hitting tight windows. Just think back in Jets history of QB's and the only reall problem White had was a few pass that where behind the WR. I'm very happy with Mike White. I think he is the future of the Jets and I see no reason why he can't follow the Kurt Warner path. Berrios catches that pass the Jets win and everyone would be going crazy. It also did not help that the refs gave some good home cooking to the Vikings too. I think the Bills game will be very close and I like how they will not have Von Miller. If you give Mike White time he will pick you apart. I think Fant as the RT will do better than Mitchell. Heck next year this team could be in the super bowl conversation with Becton and AVT coming back. 

• Like 1

Mike white has thrown for over 200 yards in every game he has played. The Colts game he got injured, he was probably going to have 350+ yards 3-4 TDs that game. 

3 out of his 5 first starts he has thrown for over 300 yards.  Meanwhile, as Jets fans we have seen QBs struggling to throw for over 100 yards. 

Why are we so quick to pull the plug on White vs someone like Wilson who has struggled to throw for 100 yards a game? 

If Mike White was a 1st round pick, would we be looking at him differently?  Yeah he had 2 INTs, but the first one he threw it right in the chest of Conklin who tipped it up for a INT. That is on Conklin who had a horrible game.   The 2nd INT was when he was trying to make something happen at the end of the game to try to win it and made a bad throw. 

But he also made some big time throws to give us a chance at the end.  At least our offense has looked competent with White at QB. Next game will be a big one for us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Mike white has thrown for over 200 yards in every game he has played. The Colts game he got injured, he was probably going to have 350+ yards 3-4 TDs that game. 

3 out of his 5 first starts he has thrown for over 300 yards.  Meanwhile, as Jets fans we have seen QBs struggling to throw for over 100 yards. 

Why are we so quick to pull the plug on White vs someone like Wilson who has struggled to throw for 100 yards a game? 

If Mike White was a 1st round pick, would we be looking at him differently?  Yeah he had 2 INTs, but the first one he threw it right in the chest of Conklin who tipped it up for a INT. That is on Conklin who had a horrible game.   The 2nd INT was when he was trying to make something happen at the end of the game to try to win it and made a bad throw. 

But he also made some big time throws to give us a chance at the end.  At least our offense has looked competent with White at QB. Next game will be a big one for us. 

I think it is great to see a QB back there taking what the D gives him. Some people my not like the check down but that is what wins you games. Why would you not take that 5 or 6 yards ever time. Even the passes that where behind the WR they still could have made a play on them. Then you add the fact they the scorte was 20-3 and they almost won. When was the last time this team was down 3 scores early and came back. The Browns game they were down 2 scores. I said this before and I will say it again. Mike White is taking the Kurt Warner path. He is playing like this could be his last football game at any moment and that is what we need. 

10 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Not at all pulling the plug on him. I think he probably needs to 100% be the starter for us the rest of the season. But fact is is that we lost yesterday bc of him.