Week 13: NY Jets vs MIN Vikings

Bobby816

12 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Sauce is going to shut down JJ. He has the size speed and length that no CB has. 

Except he won't be following JJ. We don't have Sauce follow the #1 guy. The line up where they line up in packages and whoever is across from them so be it.

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Except he won't be following JJ. We don't have Sauce follow the #1 guy. The line up where they line up in packages and whoever is across from them so be it.

Yup, it will be about getting pressure on Cousins. and tackling better, last 2 games they had poor tackling.  

I have much more faith that our offense will get it done with White at QB. 

8 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Yup, it will be about getting pressure on Cousins. and tackling better, last 2 games they had poor tackling.  

I have much more faith that our offense will get it done with White at QB. 

I expect the tackling to be better. We tackled better in the 2nd half against CHI. I think Saleh and Brich got into the guys about that and it seemed to work. So I expect that to still be a focus.

Keeping JJ in check seems to be the way to beat MIN. Games he goes over 100 they're undefeated and the games they've lost he didn't have a good game. Not saying we cant win with him having a 100yd 1 td day. But that seems to be the trend. 

Looks like when JJ has a bad game so does the MIN offense so key is to keep him down.  Supposedly MIN struggles on the IOL so Q, JFM, Rankins (should be back) should all feast which is good because Cousins legs aren't really a big threat.

That MIN pass defense is also shaky so another efficient MFW game with 250+ and a few TDs would be ideal.  Offensively having Bam step up and be a big threat at RB is huge to keep the offense balanced. 

I'll say 24-20 Jets  

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Didn’t Ulbrich try matching up against GB?  Or was it Miami?  I forget. 

2 hours ago, xrade said:

Didn’t Ulbrich try matching up against GB?  Or was it Miami?  I forget. 

I think sometimes they do pit Sauce on certain guys in certain packages. But generally Reed stats on the right and Sauce on the left. That’s just generally speaking. I think if let’s say Reed was getting beat a ton by JJ that they’d change things up a bit. That might not mean moving Sauce on him. It might just mean giving him S help more.
Only WR tandems that burnt us this year was CIN.

16 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Rankins is back this week? That would be nice 

Some of our guys we don't know who will be starting yet.

Rankins, Carter and who will be at RT is still up in the air.

I'd like to see Mitchell start at RT and the other 2 is still too early to tell. 

On 11/29/2022 at 12:29 PM, xrade said:

I think it has to do with how the Vikes have been winning.  Aside from Week 1, they have not really put teams away in a blowout.  Of course a win is a win and they have steadily outplayed 9 of their 11 opponents.  The Jets, on the other hand, suffer from schizophrenia at least as far as the O is concerned.  They can dominate as they did against Chicago and Miami, or they couldn't suck more like against NE twice.  A lot of that (if not all) has to do with Zach Wilson.  I think MFW can bring a stabilizing effect to this O. 

In the end, this will be a good game against two teams that were maybe not picked to do as well before the season started.

Yeah, at this point, you can't throw away the season hoping that Zach Wilson even begins to progress. Mike White could be something, and Flacco can manage the game. That's better than what Wilson can do.

Your QB situation will be interesting next year. 

As for this game, I think it'll be tough for both teams. Probably another one score game lol

Will Ragatz@WillRagatz

The NFL's top four defenses in DVOA are the Cowboys, Patriots, Bills, and Jets. Somehow, the Vikings ended up with a four-game stretch against those teams. They can go 3-1 with a win over New York on Sunday.

Ben Leber@nacholeber

Wild stat: As of right now, the Vikings have played 4 of Top 10 Defenses in League... the Jets & Indy will make it 6