Week 13: NY Jets vs MIN Vikings

Bobby816

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

Will Ragatz@WillRagatz

The NFL's top four defenses in DVOA are the Cowboys, Patriots, Bills, and Jets. Somehow, the Vikings ended up with a four-game stretch against those teams. They can go 3-1 with a win over New York on Sunday.

Ben Leber@nacholeber

Wild stat: As of right now, the Vikings have played 4 of Top 10 Defenses in League... the Jets & Indy will make it 6

Ya we can relate. Bc we just came off a long stretch of rough defenses. CHI was finally a break for us and we'll see what you guys offer. I think the stat before our last weeks game was that we've played the hardest defensive schedule before last week in the NFL and we play the weakest schedule from last week until the end of the season defensively.

That's actually part of the argument for the Wilson supporters as to why he shouldn't have been benched. Was to let him gain confidence against some weaker defenses. Considering he had to play all the hard ones. For me he didn't earn that right to play them with his play and us in a playoff race. If we were 3-7 previous to last week, that's a different story bc we don't really have anything to play for. But we are 100% are in a playoff chase as well as even a division title (I doubt it).

I don't think your defense is as bad as the stats would say. Same as we rank dead last in passing if you go by stats but that doesn't take into consideration that White is at QB not Wilson. So stats are how you take them. You guys wouldn't be 9-2 if you had a poor defense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't think your defense is as bad as the stats would say. Same as we rank dead last in passing if you go by stats but that doesn't take into consideration that White is at QB not Wilson. So stats are how you take them. You guys wouldn't be 9-2 if you had a poor defense.

I think the Vikings fit into "sometimes a great defense is having a great offense". If not for their dud against the Cowboys they would be a top 5 scoring offense at just under 30pts/game, and that's a tall order for most NFL teams to match this year.

• Like 1

My cousin is a huge Vikings fan so we’ve not been talking much all week 😂

He has been complaining all year long about their defense especially against the pass. He says there pass rushers is very big and miss. Looks great one week and crap the next. 

It’s amazing what  a competent quarterback who can run the offense does for confidence as this week I’m actually looking forward to the game. 

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Adam Awes@AdamAwes10K

Per@PFF, the Vikings have played the 9th hardest schedule so far. The Vikings record is 9-2.

NFC Teams that have had an easier schedule so far:
- 49ers (32nd)
- Eagles (29th)
- Cowboys (22nd)

I NEVER go by who has the hardest schedule. There are way too many factors from home team, short week (Thursday night games) injuries, weather, and many more factors. 

• Like 1

Looks like MC will be out for this one. Saleh said Ty holds ST value so he'll pretty much always be active for us on gameday. I am interested to see who gets the bulk of the carries for us. JRob should be active if MC cant play. But that doesn't mean he gets the most touches. I want to say Bam keeps getting the majority of touches again for a 2nd week. And I'm totally for it. I liked us picking him up as an UDFA and actually never thought he'd get action. But man how great would it be if he can be a factor for us to finish this season and we can go into next year with Hall, Bam and Carter as a 3 headed monster in the backfield with all of them a factor in the passing game as well. 

30 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Looks like MC will be out for this one. Saleh said Ty holds ST value so he'll pretty much always be active for us on gameday. I am interested to see who gets the bulk of the carries for us. JRob should be active if MC cant play. But that doesn't mean he gets the most touches. I want to say Bam keeps getting the majority of touches again for a 2nd week. And I'm totally for it. I liked us picking him up as an UDFA and actually never thought he'd get action. But man how great would it be if he can be a factor for us to finish this season and we can go into next year with Hall, Bam and Carter as a 3 headed monster in the backfield with all of them a factor in the passing game as well. 

I have no issue with Bam getting the ball. I thought Robinson was a good pickup and I know he is more than capable, but he's looked insanely slow in the little action he's gotten. Bam however, while also a tiny sample size, has looked both faster and dare I say as powerful. His runs were always straight ahead and he falls forward. He also was good in the passing game. I love that we drafted Breece, he is obviously special, but this is also why drafting backs in round 1 makes little sense. It is very very common for UDFA RBs to not only work out but also become legitimate starters. I think there is a real possibility we got another good one in Z Knight.