Week 13: Miami Dolphins (8-3) @ San Francisco 49ers (7-4)

TheKillerNacho

Week 13: MIA @ SF  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • San Francisco 49ers
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Raheem Mostert
    • Jeff Wilson Jr.
    • Alec Ingold
    • Christian McCaffrey
    • Kyle Juszczyk
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Trent Sherfield
    • Deebo Samuel
    • Brandon Aiyuk
    • Jauan Jennings
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Durham Smythe
    • George Kittle
    • Jason Sanders
    • Robbie Gould
    • Dolphins DST
    • 49ers DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/2022 at 09:15 PM

tuajimmyg-scaled.jpg?w=956&h=538

I'm worried about this one, folks.

As we exit the soft portion of our schedule, we still need to find a way to win two more games to likely sniff the playoffs, according to Playoffstatus.com. Finding a way to win against the 49ers may be a tall order, however, with Terron Armstead's injury sending our offensive line into turmoil. Coach McDaniel will have to figure something out to avoid Tua getting butchered by Nick Bosa on Sunday afternoon.

I'm not extremely confident going into this matchup... my prediction:

Miami 24
San Francisco 29

Hope I'm wrong! Fins up!

I think a lot will depend on cmc he is nursing an injury apparently and Mitchell is out and we have Wilson. Should be a nationally televised game. So much intrigue in this game. I think both coaches really understand what the other wants to do and how they think which should make the defensive schemes interesting. 

I unfortunately share the pessimism for this game.  Bosa and replacement level OTs sounds like a nightmare.  San Fran's offensive weapons are also all banged up, so I don't think they roll us.  But we won't be able to get 15-20 yard chunks at will with the OL in shambles.  I honestly just hope Tua gets out of the game healthy.  

Niners - 24

Fins - 20

4 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

It's kind of funny because it seems fans on both side of this game think their team will lose LOL. I'm very nervous about this game and my gut tells me the Dolphins win. 

Really, for Dolphins fans, it has to do with the state of the OL. Quite simply, we have virtually no depth at the position so it was always one injury away from collapsing.

And collapse it did once Terron Armstead was forced out of the game last week - the lowly Texans were able to get pressure on virtually every play once he left the game, stiffing our offense completely. To say nothing about Tua's durability concerns. I'm just hoping Nick Bosa doesn't end his season on Sunday.

Other reasons Dolphins fans are pessimistic:

• We've been a far better team at home this season than away, especially on defense. This is even more concerning when you consider this game is on the opposite coast and a late afternoon game, rather than the 1:00 PM start the team is used to.
  • Our secondary sucks and should be easily picked apart by an accurate QB like Jimmy G.
  • CMC is going to feast if he plays. Our odds get a bit better if he can't go, but our offense is going to struggle regardless.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Really, for Dolphins fans, it has to do with the state of the OL. Quite simply, we have virtually no depth at the position so it was always one injury away from collapsing.

And collapse it did once Terron Armstead was forced out of the game last week - the lowly Texans were able to get pressure on virtually every play once he left the game, stiffing our offense completely. To say nothing about Tua's durability concerns. I'm just hoping Nick Bosa doesn't end his season on Sunday.

Other reasons Dolphins fans are pessimistic:

• We've been a far better team at home this season than away, especially on defense.
  • Our secondary sucks and should be easily picked apart by an accurate QB like Jimmy G.
  • CMC is going to feast if he plays. Our odds get a bit better if he can't go, but our offense is going to struggle regardless.

Well, it's hard to argue against that LOL. 

I will say that whenever the 49ers face an OL that's on its last leg and it's a game that they should dominate with the pass rush, they rarely do. Maybe it will be different this time, especially if Arik Armstead plays. 

I didn't realize there was a big home/road split for the Dolphins, that's definitely something to keep an eye on.

4 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

It's kind of funny because it seems fans on both side of this game think their team will lose LOL. I'm very nervous about this game and my gut tells me the Dolphins win. 

I still see a wide open Tyreek Hill hauling it in on third and long in my dreams

Hammer the under.....

Chess match for both offenses.  Miami will run at Bosa to slow him down a bit.  I see the score somewhere in the 20-17 range.  Both offenses are banged up and I think McDaniel knows he has to keep Tua healthy for the long haul.  He even admitted it in his presser saying he put certain guys in spots he shouldn't have on certain plays.

I don't see Tua throwing it 35 times.  Expect some jet sweeps and screens with Hill.   Field position and turnover battle is how this game will be won.  Chubb, Phillips, Ingram and Gink should also have their moments.  Davis, Wilkins and Seiler have been stellar against the run.  

• Like 1

I posted this in the Niners forum but I feel like this is going to be a big factor in determining the outcome of the game:

If the Dolphins are able to attack the edges the same way the Chiefs did or at least somewhat successfully as well as Tua getting those intermediate completions in the middle of the field, there is a good chance the Dolphins put up 30+ points as they have the last four games. Basically, whatever defense disrupts those middle of the field passes will win the game. 

• Like 2

Armstead hasn't been ruled out. I'm honestly have kinda mixed feelings about this... on one hand, Tua might get murdered by Nick Bosa without him and we stand a much better chance of competing with him in the game. On the other, I'm not sure it's the best idea to risk aggravating the injury and having him unavailable in the playoffs.