Week 13 Thread: Commanders at GIANTS GIANTS (help us God) - Little Giants gif thread

MikeT14

7 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

They might do just that after the Falcon game. The LBs didn't seem able to fill the void. You'd think with 5 blockers on two guys and end might come down the line but that didn't seem to happen either.

LOL they will. You can count on it and Jones be involved in the RG. 

Edited by 4209

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

We ran a lot of 5 man front w/ Jamin as the only true LB, Curl as the WLB/true SS. 

On the zone read, I don’t think Sweat or JSW did a good job. Several times they were fooled & then Mariota would run for a big gain around the end.

Daniel jones will do read options and a lot of it this game . I’d be surprised if the giants try to do what the falcons did . 

20 hours ago, offbyone said:

This is big.  Larsen has been fine at center.  Schweitzer would be a significant upgrade at Right Guard.

Definitely huge! I read & posted yesterday that Ben Standing said they had Cosmi plying RG & Lucas at RT. Either way I’m good, but I have always wondered if Cosmi might be a better fit at G rather than at T bc like Scherff did, Cosmi struggled some vs speed rushers at T.

4 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Daniel jones will do read options and a lot of it this game . I’d be surprised if the giants try to do what the falcons did . 

Well that’s what the Falcons did. The Falcons had/have a very diverse running game, arguably the most diverse rushing attack in the NFL. Mariota had 6 carries for 49 yds, a 8.2 avg w/ a big 14-yard run on a read option keep he had. I was very surprised they threw the ball on their last trip into the red-zone with 1:03 left in the game w/ 2nd & goal from the 4. That cost them a game they may have been able to win if they ran the ball three more times.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 4209 said:

Hey guys here is an interesting stat. A running back has scored or gained over 100 total yards against the Giants in six games in a row with eight TD's over that span. Sounds like we should keep pounding the rock with our RG to create more 3rd and short downs. We should be very watchful of Jones running. Would like to see Samuels more involve.

I fully expect that to be our game plan. We’ve been doing this type of game plan since the Bears game in week 6 & since we went to a more balanced attack or even a 60/40 run vs pass attack we are 6-1 in the last 7. In large part to our defense of course but also the offensive game plan and the run game w/ BRob & Gibby.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Definitely huge! I read & posted yesterday that Ben Standing said they had Cosmi plying RG & Lucas at RT. Either way I’m good, but I have always wondered if Cosmi might be a better fit at G rather than at T bc like Scherff did, Cosmi struggled some vs speed rushers at T.

Has he struggled since Taylor has been QB? PFF on Kevin Sheehan's podcast was saying that Wentz was the real culprit behind Comsi's "Perceived" play earlier this season, that he drifted out of leverage. 

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

Has he struggled since Taylor has been QB? PFF on Kevin Sheehan's podcast was saying that Wentz was the real culprit behind Comsi's "Perceived" play earlier this season, that he drifted out of leverage. 

I agree with that. Wentz took a lot of bad sacks, especially in our home game vs the Eagles. Cosmi wasn’t very good in that game either, Brandon Graham beat him like a drum but, Cosmi was much better at the Cowboys the next week but Wentz was still more bad than good at the Cowboys, as was our interior OL & secondary which is the reason we lost that game.

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I agree with that. Wentz took a lot of bad sacks, especially in our home game vs the Eagles. Cosmi wasn’t very good in that game either, Brandon Graham beat him like a drum but, Cosmi was much better at the Cowboys the next week but Wentz was still more bad than good at the Cowboys, as was our interior OL & secondary which is the reason we lost that game.

If TH is benched I don’t want Carson wentz starting . At this point I rather see Sam howell just because of the upside of him this year and next year will benefit .

Edited by IHatesnyder