Week 13 Thread: Commanders at GIANTS GIANTS (help us God) - Little Giants gif thread

MikeT14

I don't know if anyone on this forum is bashing Heinicke & want him benched. I hope not.

Because we lose yesterday, if Wentz is playing.

Heinicke was getting absolutely pummeled from hits after throws, sacks & collapsing pocket.

How many times were we in 2nd or 3rd & long because of Logan Thomas or Cole Turner Offensive penalties.

I don't think I know, I guarantee you....we lose if Wentz was playing in that game.

In fact, those arguing Wentz should be playing?

Guarantee you, we would have 4 or 5 wins at best, if Heinicke wasn't playing.

I'm not saying we don't need to find our starter next yr, because we do.

But Heinicke is the best option we have this season. He's also tough as nails.

Wentz would have crumbled in fear, had he played yesterday.

🍺 Here's to hoping our Giants game gets moved to Primetime Saturday, or Sunday.

If it does, We will win. Heinicke shines when the lights are on.

Who would have thought? Wentz's broken pinky finger saved the season.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I don't know if anyone on this forum is bashing Heinicke & want him benched. I hope not.

Because we lose yesterday, if Wentz is playing.

Their corners are trash and we never took advantage. Almost all of the yards came from YAC. I don't hate Heinicke I'm just so tired of him underthrowing receivers deep and overthrowing receivers on short routes. Wentz probably takes one more sack and doesn't get out of the pocket on that 4th down late in the game but I think he makes a couple of the throws Taylor just can't. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

Their corners are trash and we never took advantage. Almost all of the yards came from YAC. I don't hate Heinicke I'm just so tired of him underthrowing receivers deep and overthrowing receivers on short routes. Wentz probably takes one more sack and doesn't get out of the pocket on that 4th down late in the game but I think he makes a couple of the throws Taylor just can't. 

I can't imagine Wentz only takes one more sack in this game. Yes, he certainly can make throws Taylor can't there's no arguing that but the Giants would've been teeing off on him. There's absolutely no way he makes that pass to McLaurin on the TD. He gets sacked there. 

11 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Idk how people feel about our qb situation . But If I’m the  coach I want more than 17 point per game and 1 turn over .I do not want wentz  starting 

We need to find a way to score more than 17 and idc who’s the QB.

We haven’t been executing very well in the Red-zone. Personally, and I think a lot of people agree, I don’t like the play calling in the red-zone. We are very predictable & we were when Carson was our QB as well the first 6 games in the red-zone.

I want to see more variation of runs in the red-zone including some QB draws/QB keeping the ball on zone read plays. I want to see more/some RPO and I certainly want to see more bootleg action with Heinicke. I just can’t get over that Turner/Rivera have him as a drop back passer when that’s not his strength.

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We haven’t been executing very well in the Red-zone. Personally, and I think a lot of people agree, I don’t like the play calling in the red-zone. We are very predictable & we were when Carson was our QB as well the first 6 games in the red-zone.

I want to see more variation of runs in the red-zone including some QB draws/QB keeping the ball on zone read plays. I want to see more/some RPO and I certainly want to see more bootleg action with Heinicke. I just can’t get over that Turner/Rivera have him as a drop back passer when that’s not his strength.

We can be better I just personally think Rivera will make a choice . If we stick with TH we will have these close games . If you start wentz you either get another eagles game or titans jags game ( he’s inconsistent and doesn’t fit here ). Or you start Sam howell who has a mix of both wentz and TH and we can start doing read options .

the Goal is this - we need to surpass 17 points a game and stop turning it over once a game . 

1 hour ago, Scott Land said:

Our OL/TEs gave up 18 pressures in the game. Heinicke was only sacked 5 times which actually pretty bad for him even given all those QB pressures our blockers gave up.

If Wentz doesn’t get out of the pocket on that 4th down late in the game then it’s game over. 

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Thinking back yesterday to how well 2 of our rookies played in Robinson and Dotson. 

And then two with the boneheaded plays in Holmes and Butler. 

I love that Dotson finally had a good game again. It does help when you throw the ball 41 times when you talk about having enough targets for your #3 WR.

Loved that BRob finally got his ypc above 4.5 ypc the last two games. Still wish he hadn’t run out of bounds at the 6-yard line and when he clearly could’ve cut inside the blocker and scored. Not sure what he was thinking there…

Edited by turtle28