Week 13 Thread: Commanders at GIANTS GIANTS (help us God) - Little Giants gif thread

MikeT14

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Our OL/TEs gave up 18 pressures in the game. Heinicke was only sacked 5 times which actually pretty bad for him even given all those QB pressures our blockers gave up.

If Wentz doesn’t get out of the pocket on that 4th down late in the game then it’s game over. 

This is the same situation with wentz tho. Our OL didn’t play well I mean even fields is struggling and he’s much more mobile than both of them . The truth is it doesn’t matter if you have a mobility to help the OL out any longer . Look at Jackson also the broncos killed that dude .  Defenders at the edge are running like 4.4s now while DT are starting to run 4.7s . 

we need to improve the OL other wise it’s going her ugly in the SF game 

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Our OL/TEs gave up 18 pressures in the game. Heinicke was only sacked 5 times which actually pretty bad for him even given all those QB pressures our blockers gave up.

If Wentz doesn’t get out of the pocket on that 4th down late in the game then it’s game over. 

Ya but there would've been different circumstances, only way it would've been that exact scenario is if he had to come off the bench and he wasn't even active. I know I said that, I was just stating that was the only thing that Taylor did all day that Carson couldn't have. 

26 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Thinking back yesterday to how well 2 of our rookies played in Robinson and Dotson. 

And then two with the boneheaded plays in Holmes and Butler. 

That play from Holmes tho shouldn’t have been his fault . He needs time to develop but that dude plays hard . Butler making mistakes on ST which is weird cause he’s suppose to be a ST demon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

This is the same situation with wentz tho. Our OL didn’t play well I mean even fields is struggling and he’s much more mobile than both of them . The truth is it doesn’t matter if you have a mobility to help the OL out any longer . Look at Jackson also the broncos killed that dude .  Defenders at the edge are running like 4.4s now while DT are starting to run 4.7s . 

we need to improve the OL other wise it’s going her ugly in the SF game 

It’s similar to with Wentz in how poorly our OL played yesterday but Heinicke is still avoiding sacks that most people agree Wentz would be taking.

We can’t do anything to greatly improve the OL right now. We have who we have, and the greatest stabilizing force we had in the OL after Roullier’s injury - Tyler Larsen - just hurt his knee & may be out for the year.

A big issue I saw yesterday was in our protection scheme we kept having our TEs matched up against Thibodeaux or Ojulari & they were getting beat rather easily not even mentioning how our interior OL couldn’t handle Dexter Lawrence’s power/strength in the middle.

10 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

Ya but there would've been different circumstances, only way it would've been that exact scenario is if he had to come off the bench and he wasn't even active. I know I said that, I was just stating that was the only thing that Taylor did all day that Carson couldn't have. 

Well we have no idea what the circumstances would’ve been. For all we know if Wentz was playing we could’ve been down 20-6 or 20-9 in the 4th or worse.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well we have no idea what the circumstances would’ve been. For all we know if Wentz was playing we could’ve been down 20-6 or 20-9 in the 4th or worse.

Based on what lol our D making plays and turning it over . We have played good enough to not even need TH so much , only reason it’s close is cause of his turn overs . 

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s similar to with Wentz in how poorly our OL played yesterday but Heinicke is still avoiding sacks that most people agree Wentz would be taking.

We can’t do anything to greatly improve the OL right now. We have who we have, and the greatest stabilizing force we had in the OL after Roullier’s injury - Tyler Larsen - just hurt his knee & may be out for the year.

A big issue I saw yesterday was in our protection scheme we kept having our TEs matched up against Thibodeaux or Ojulari & they were getting beat rather easily not even mentioning how our interior OL couldn’t handle Dexter Lawrence’s power/strength in the middle.

I think it's funny how Taylor gets sacked 5 times and it's the OL's fault, Wentz gets sacked 5 times and it's his fault. 

3 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

I think it's funny how Taylor gets sacked 5 times and it's the OL's fault, Wentz gets sacked 5 times and it's his fault. 

The difference is that Heinicke is not holding onto the ball for 4 to 5 seconds in his sacks. A lot of Wentz sacks that he took were due to his inability to get rid of the ball in a reasonable time. Heinicke was getting sacked by unblocked players. 

For example, the first game against the Eagles. Wentz got sacked like 9 times I think. I would say about 5 of them were not his fault but 4 were. Wentz would have got sacked about 9 times again yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

The difference is that Heinicke is not holding onto the ball for 4 to 5 seconds in his sacks. A lot of Wentz sacks that he took were due to his inability to get rid of the ball in a reasonable time. Heinicke was getting sacked by unblocked players. 

For example, the first game against the Eagles. Wentz got sacked like 9 times I think. I would say about 5 of them were not his fault but 4 were. Wentz would have got sacked about 9 times again yesterday. 

I don't disagree that Wentz takes some bad sacks. I also think Taylor takes some as well, but he gets himself out of some as well. It's the fact that there's a few people that refuse to believe their darling Taylor Heinicke isn't as good they want him to be, and Carson wasn't as good as they wanted him to be, but since Taylor has a great story they are going to side with him no matter what.

There is a completely different game plan now though. We have been running the ball well and we weren't at the beginning of the year. Carson Wentz is at his best when the run game is working and can play action off of it and use his arm to stretch the ball down the field. Is he going to make some boneheaded plays? Yes. But so does Taylor. 

I know people will want to blame Turner or Taylor but what I took away from this game was something this staff has too focus on and that’s getting impacts from Curtis and Jahan to compliment Terry. We still have to be a running team but when you can get those two involved and making impacts that’s when this offense can click and really compliment the run game and be creative with the passing game. Taylor has rythm with Terry. We need him to start hitting Jahan and Curtis with that same rythm if we want a chance to make the playoffs but also be a team nobody wants to play. If they can build that chemistry to finish the year and keep this ground and defense going then sky’s the limit. Juste and Chase can be huge as well. This team has to be able to show different looks and we have the guys too do so. Now it’s up too then to work hard in practice. Taylor has to get the ball down. It’s hard trying to throw over DL when your his height but he’s just missing guys but it was nice to see it be a focus point. Later in the game it paid off. Later this season it could make us the hottest team going in if we handle business one game at a time

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

I don't disagree that Wentz takes some bad sacks. I also think Taylor takes some as well, but he gets himself out of some as well. It's the fact that there's a few people that refuse to believe their darling Taylor Heinicke isn't as good they want him to be, and Carson wasn't as good as they wanted him to be, but since Taylor has a great story they are going to side with him no matter what.

There is a completely different game plan now though. We have been running the ball well and we weren't at the beginning of the year. Carson Wentz is at his best when the run game is working and can play action off of it and use his arm to stretch the ball down the field. Is he going to make some boneheaded plays? Yes. But so does Taylor. 

I agree with you on that, we had pretty much a whole season last year that showed us who Heinicke is (a great back-up QB). My main reason for wanting to keep him starting is not that he is a good QB, but rather that I do not trust Wentz in this offense and do not want them to pay Wentz $30 million again next year to be slightly better than Heinicke (who cost $5 million). This team still needs a QB, Heinicke nor Wentz is the answer. 

37 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I agree with you on that, we had pretty much a whole season last year that showed us who Heinicke is (a great back-up QB). My main reason for wanting to keep him starting is not that he is a good QB, but rather that I do not trust Wentz in this offense and do not want them to pay Wentz $30 million again next year to be slightly better than Heinicke (who cost $5 million). This team still needs a QB, Heinicke nor Wentz is the answer. 

Agreed. I don't want Wentz for the future either, and the team has rallied around Taylor so it'd be very difficult to pull him now, but I personally think Wentz can just make throws that Taylor unfortunately can't. All it takes is for him to make one of those deep balls to hit and it completely changes the game. I think with how the defense is playing and how the run game has been working, he could make this offense much better. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Based on what lol our D making plays and turning it over . We have played good enough to not even need TH so much , only reason it’s close is cause of his turn overs . 

Doesn’t mean the offense actually scores. With how much Heinicke was pressured yesterday, Wentz playing could’ve looked like the first Eagles game.