Week 13: San Francisco 49ers vs Miami Dolphins

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like there is a chance the Dolphins will have their stud tackle for this game. I hope he does play. I want to see how this defense holds up against this high powered offense near full strength. 

Personally think it's a bluff. And he isn't going to have surgery and he plays can the injury get worse?

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jimmy is still sore just like he was after the game.

CMC just felt something in his knee and will be out of practice today but Shanny hopes he is a go for Sunday. 

Need to sit CMC in the rain if he is anything other than 100%. Too valuable to risk greater injury. 

I honestly think the same for Jimmy but I seriously doubt that happens. Smfh. 

We haven't put Mitchell on IR yet, correct? Only two of Kinlaw, Trey, and Elijah can come off IR if we put him on there. We can probably afford to keep EM off of IR for the time being because Tevin can be activated one more time from the PS before he needs a roster spot. So hopefully we sit CMC this week and he returns against Tampa. 

I definitely think Trey needs to be earmarked as one of our two remaining IR returns. Seems like he's moving around decently well. Any experience we can get him, even if it's practice reps as a scout QB, are very valuable.

Can't pin our Superbowl hopes on Brock Purdy. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

I think he's been elevated once, so he can be elevated two more times this season.

Ah, I thought it was only two times, but it makes sense they changed it to three times considering they changed the IR from 3 weeks to 4 weeks. 

We can definitely wait at least two weeks to put Mitchell on IR then. If we do, it will signal to me that there is a chance Trey comes back this season, which would be amazing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm not sure why we activated Curtis Robinson off IR. He's a ST LB who isn't even active most gamedays. Could have put Mitchell on IR no issue and potentially have Lance, Mitchell & Kinlaw back for the playoffs 

Its honestly like the team forgot that you could only have 8 guys return this year until it was too late. It was unlimited in 2020 and perhaps even 2021. I am not sure why the NFL changed it, seems like a silly rule. 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Personally think it's a bluff. And he isn't going to have surgery and he plays can the injury get worse?

Yes, from my understanding it can absolutely get worse. I agree that this is a bluff. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think the team is really just saying that Lance isn't coming back this year

This is the more likely scenario. With that being said, it would be nice to have his return as a possibility during a (hopefully) long playoff run that lasts through January. 

Keep in mind that the regular season goes to the second weekend in January. Wildcard weekend will be 1/14-1/15. That is a long time from now. I'm not sure of the specifics but that could be enough time for him to build up strength in his legs. 

The ironic part is that if he comes back, he will probably asked to not run lol 

With the protections QBs have (can't hit them low) I am more comfortable with him coming back than I would have been a few years ago. Perhaps he will get the Brady treatment and not the fields treatment? 

• Like 1

This man is BEYOND special. Crazy that he never made an all pro team until last season. Interesting to see if he makes it this year with him missing three games. I think he will if he continues this play the rest of the season? Especially with how much these voters swear by these PFF grades. 

• Like 1