Week 13: San Francisco 49ers vs Miami Dolphins

J-ALL-DAY

Back spasms for Trent that popped up this morning and is questionable. Shanny isn't too concerned and Forester told him Trent is fine but just has "big man problems" lol.

Deebo, Omenihu and Burford also questionable. CMC/Armstead are a full go.

Mitchell is out and has not been put on IR yet. Will decide in the next 24 hours what to do there. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't risk further injury by bringing Lance back even if he's ahead of schedule, just too risky IMO.

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Back injuries are...not ideal 

Tell me about it, I've been suffering from back issues for the past 2 yrs, only thing that helped me was when I went to California for the 49ers home opener last year, I spent a week with a friend & his family.

I think Trent & Deebo will play, we may elevate an extra WR just in case Deebo can't go, so I wouldn't take it as Deebo is out if we elevate a WR, we elevated Dontae Johnson, and he was inactive.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Back spasms for Trent that popped up this morning and is questionable. Shanny isn't too concerned and Forester told him Trent is fine but just has "big man problems" lol.

Deebo, Omenihu and Burford also questionable. CMC/Armstead are a full go.

Mitchell is out and has not been put on IR yet. Will decide in the next 24 hours what to do there. 

I get back spasms, and I think he will be fine.  If the game were today, he would have a hard time playing, but they usually go away after a day or two or rest, stretching, heat, and optional muscle relaxers take care of everything without any damage.  It's odd because it feels like a cramp, but cramps take longer to heal and stay sore for a while, once the spasm goes away, it's like it was never there.  At least that was my experience with them.  

• Like 3

On 12/3/2022 at 12:48 AM, NinerNation21 said:

So, I was looking at the Dolphins OLine on PFF and only realized today that Connor Williams is their center. That just feels odd to me, but it seems to work for them. 

Anyways, I was doing some sorting with the Center pass blocking data and I found something interesting. There are only 2 Centers in the NFL with a qualified amount of pass blocking snaps (250) that have given up 0 sacks and less than 5 pressures. Jake Brendel is one of them. 0 sacks and 4 pressures to his name on 392 pass blocking snaps. 

That's interesting. But his run blocking though...don't know if it's always passed the smell test this year. I guess Brendal hasn't been a complete disaster all things considered, but I hope in the near future an upgrade is on the table. But I don't know. Continuity does matter, and having a different center three years in a row wouldn't be ideal. 

This was a cool breakdown on Ryans defense so far this season. Feels like Warner thus far is the defensive MVP. Definitely isn't missing as many tackles in 2022. I hope he gets 1st Team All Pro this year. The only glitch for the defense this season has been the Chiefs game, but it's looking more, and more like that was a huge outlier. Even the 1985 Bears had a bad day at the office. Hopefully every stays relatively healthy as the postseason approaches.

• Like 1

TIL that Vic Fangio was the defensive coordinator for the 1996 Panthers defense that gave us so much trouble. I mean, Dom Capers was the head coach and that was the system, but I genuinely did not know that Fangio had been banging around that long. Also Bill Polian led the front office of that team. It’s still genuinely astonishing how quickly they got off the Expansion mat. 

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

TIL that Vic Fangio was the defensive coordinator for the 1996 Panthers defense that gave us so much trouble. I mean, Dom Capers was the head coach and that was the system, but I genuinely did not know that Fangio had been banging around that long. Also Bill Polian led the front office of that team. It’s still genuinely astonishing how quickly they got off the Expansion mat. 

He was also the linebacker coach for the dome patrol.  If we lose Demco and slide Vic in we will still be very much set up for success.  I just do not know how long it would be until he retired.

• Like 1