Transfer Portal: '22 - '23 Edition

BobbyPhil1781

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Drew Pyne is entering the portal. That is not something I expected to see. I thought he played far better than Buchner but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention. That leaves them very thin at QB and I'm guessing they'll be active in the portal looking for someone else

They told him they were getting a QB from the portal so he got ahead of the curve and left

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I wasn't aware of that. Do you know who they're targeting?

That is just a guess that they are targeting a portal QB but sure that could be the case, or the dude could not take all the hate when they lost at Notre Dame...granted they did turn things around and have a pretty solid season.  Could argue every team is targeting QB transfers or any transfers for that matter.

Hank Bachmeier and Jeff Sims would be the targets I would assume.  Can add Brennan Armstrong to that list as well potentially.  

Curious if Donovan Smith transfers, he is a very talented QB on Texas Tech.

Not terribly surprising given the fact that they turned to Beville for the gig when Dillon Gabriel got hurt, and they're current QB commit Jackson Arnold likely pushing for the starting QB.  Was hoping he'd stick and compete with Arnold for the starting QB role, but I get it.

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Not terribly surprising given the fact that they turned to Beville for the gig when Dillon Gabriel got hurt, and they're current QB commit Jackson Arnold likely pushing for the starting QB.  Was hoping he'd stick and compete with Arnold for the starting QB role, but I get it.

Where do you think he ends up?

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Where do you think he ends up?

It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in Florida.  He was originally committed to Florida, but decommitted and ended up committing to Oklahoma after Jeff Lebby was hired by Oklahoma.  Auburn might be another option.

• Like 1