Transfer Portal: '22 - '23 Edition

BobbyPhil1781

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I did this (to keep residency where I had, not to gain residency). Claimed residency with a girlfriend for 12 months during a family move to make sure it wouldn't slip. If I didn't do that, my family was going to "rent an efficiency" from a friend for 12 months so I had something with a WI on the end.

Showed up to the registrars office with 2 weeks worth a gym badge scans and was never a problem. Fooling a college residency application is the easiest thing ever.

(Allegedly.)

The plan was, to be honest, if I ended up going there, changing my address to my dad's best friend's (who lived in CA) effective the June that I graduated, so that I could then apply at the semester break for the following January. It was a private institution as well, so not as big of a deal as a public one.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

The plan was, to be honest, if I ended up going there, changing my address to my dad's best friend's (who lived in CA) effective the June that I graduated, so that I could then apply at the semester break for the following January. It was a private institution as well, so not as big of a deal as a public one.

Bahahah so you were actually gonna lie. At least I was physically in the state the whole time, I was just being a 19 year old whore/hobo.

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Bahahah so you were actually gonna lie. At least I was physically in the state the whole time, I was just being a 19 year old whore/hobo.

No, I was going to have to ship out that June per my parents. My dad was a pastor, so lying was a definitive no. I didn't want to be away from my family for that long. His friend was a professor of that university and I could have hitched a ride up to school with him to workout with the team and whatnot. :) 

• Like 1